I miss him

I miss him...

I never thought I'd be so sad at the news of a musician's death. I didn't even consider myself a huge LP fan but his death really hit me in the feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W8tDvR_fFIc
youtube.com/watch?v=yZIummTz9mM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)
youtube.com/watch?v=W_Xp0fhf390&ab_channel=iPetesta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Really wasn't that sad when I heard the news. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were huge parts of early teenage years, and those albums will always hold a special place for me. Minutes to Midnight had some tracks I could dig and I was very impressed with A Thousand Suns, but I didn't have much of an attachment to LP for like the last 5 or 6 years, so I didn't really think too much of it.

Went home that night, decided to revisit some LP tracks and 'Waiting for the End' made me fucking bawl.

No one over took the poor guy seriously and still probably won't.

Listening to LP tracks now is a completely different experience.

Everyone called Chester a poser and edgy but he wasn't being edgy. Those lyrics were him spilling his heart.

Theory: Chester was gay lovers with Chris Cornell. What kind of person kills themselves because their friend did, especially at 41?

He looks happy in a lot of pics. I never look happy like that.

WHY HIM Sup Forums?

I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS

Who said he killed himself because Chris did?

He was dealing with a multitude of personal issues including his sexual abuse as a child, his drug and alcohol addiction and the death of his close friend. He was obviously suffering from deep depression.

Who knows what was going through his head at that moment.

Here come the LPIDF. Just admit it, Chester came across as kind of faggy, and a person who's been through what he has should be able to handle a friend's death.

hit me harder than I thought as well

I thought of the same thing.

Either way, I'm sad he's gone. I always hoped they'd find their old sound again someday.

Very possible

youtu.be/W8tDvR_fFIc
>tfw this was one of his last days
:(

I doubt he was gay or bi. Both he and Chris were married with kids but I guess we'll never know.

Losing a friend can hit you hard. Look at Bam Margera when Ryan Dunn died.

Anyway you're just another cunt coming to gloat at the death of an innocent man. Go fuck yourself. One day you'll lose someone that matters to you and maybe you'll learn some humility and compassion.

In the words of Mike Shinoda:

>even the people who never frown eventually break down

>Gloat
How am I gloating? I just said I think it's possible he and Chris were gay lovers, that's all. Speculating as to why he did it.

There absolutley no evidence to suggest that they were gay lovers. Why would you even consider that? They were both married men with kids. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Projection.

>speculation is mean don't do that :(

Fag.

You're free to speculate but usually even conspiracy theorists have SOME evidence. There's literally nothing to suggest that Chris and Chester were bum chums.

see

Because friends typically don't kill themselves over another friend's death. Lovers, on the other hand...

Me too. I'm sad. :( i liked their music even though it was angsty.

Linkin Park is among the worst and most unintentionally hilarious bands of all time.

Not buying it, sorry. He was 30+ years removed from his abuse, extremely successful with a family and had maybe possibly relapsed into old drug/alcohol problems. He had experience with these feelings, but something sent him over the edge. Could it be they were just friends? Maybe. But the man killed himself on Chris's birthday. It was an odd send off, don't you think?

Remember folks: Don't drink excessively or get addicted, it can lead to suicide.

I'll say it again: they were both married with kids. Can't men be friends without idiots thinking that they're gay lovers?

Even if they were gay, why hide it? It's 2017. It's cool to be gay these days. They would have been applauded for their bravery like many musicians and artists before them.

Chester wasn't gay dude. He was just a very troubled man.

Even if I didn't like the turn they took with Minutes To Midnight and all that came after that I always tried to go to their gigs out of respect for what Hybrid Theory and Meteora meant to me in my teenage days.

I really wasn't that sad when I heard the news but now, after a couple of days, its more painful than I thought. Maybe it is the fact that he was singing those things because he was really feeling them constantly, or maybe because I thought if he could overcome all those traumas (or at least, live with them for the rest of his life) everyone could do it, but in the end, it was all for nothing.

Now I'm sitting listening to Hybrid Theory and thinking that he never felt happy with his success, with his wife, with his money, his recognition or his kids. Maybe he was Cornell's lover or maybe they were bros and had the same vision of things, I don't know.

FUCK OFF!!!

>boo hoo my uncle diddled me so I'm going to leave 6 kids without a father

This. It's sad that he died but he was an edgy, talentless hack.

Now you are the edgy one

For having family values? Don't kid yourself. Don't have any either.

I stopped listening to LP after MtM, but damn this news hit me hard. When I was 12, I would blast Hybrid Theory in my room and pretend I was beating the shit out of my middle school bully.

Their later career was shit, but I feel like the suicide puts a lot more meaning into their songs. like Given Up sounds crazy as fuck

>They were both married with kids
>Implying beards aren't a thing
>Implying people aren't closeted
>Implying bisexuals aren't a thing
>Implying Chester wouldn't lose a huge audience if he was gay

Bisexuality isn't real.

Yeah. For all these years (after growing out of) we thought that songs were edgy. But in reality we are the edgy ones.

>>Implying Chester wouldn't lose a huge audience if he was gay
Would he? I don't think people would care. I know I wouldn't unless he started to wave rainbow flags around and shove it down people's throats.

I couldn't care less about his sexuality.

You're going out on a limb by assuming that these two married fathers are gay.

It's more likely that he was having issues in his marriage. Maybe his wife was gonna leave him or some shit...

>But in reality we are the edgy ones.

Damn...

Linkin Park are MtV tier, being gay would have made absolutely no difference (in fact it could have magnified their fame, wince they're now C-list celebrities).

pleb

Exactly.

It's not like your typical LP fan is a homophobic frat boy.

Now if Fred Durst came out as gay that might impact his audience...

So I guess we can all agree he was a queer.

Linkin Park is a fucking MASSIVE band. I know you little Sup Forumstants exist in a bubble where reality isn't at play, but Linkin Park has tons of average people fans. Not to mention their fans globally, who come from all walks of life. Look at their view counts.

Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean those people wouldn't. You're being incredibly myopic and also downplaying Linkin Park's relevance.

C-list in your mind, but Linkin Park veritably had a huge fanbase. One of the biggest bands you could find in their genre. Normies love LP. This includes normies who hate fags, which happen to be a decent subset of the population globally, which means LESS MONEY FOR CHESTER AND CO. IF THEY KNOW HE'S A FAG.

>easier to run is one of the saddest songs theyve made now

>the cure for the itch is scratching :^)

>breaking the habit was like a sign of the band changing for good

>they probably never went back to their old style because it reminded chester of painful memories (and edginess)

>given up is literally a suicide threat, and among one of the most famous of all time

Do you think Freddie Mercury or Elton John lost fans because they're gay?

Nobody gives a fuck these days dude. Normies aren't homophobic. This isn't the 1950's anymore.

>leave out all the rest is chester's suicide note

youtube.com/watch?v=yZIummTz9mM

I was sat on my break at work crying when I heard the news
My manager (another massive LP fan) came in asking what was up. I told him
He just sat their in silence

A unique voice and a unique man. There'll never be another one like him, Sup Forums

F

oh shit, i forgot about that one

In America maybe. There are countries with many LP fans (who don't even know English), and they hate gays with a passion.

>normies aren't homophobic
You don't know a lot of normies

>Do you think Freddie lost fans
Definitely. But Freddie was always kind of flaming so maybe we knew inherently and he had all the fans he was going to get anyway. He also died young and after he came out so maybe his career isn't a comparable one.

Youre crazy if you dont think the majority of gay or bi men are still in the closet. Especially ones with a wife and kids.

I'm from England. It's the same thing in Europe. Nobody gives a fuck if a singer is gay.

>There are countries with many LP fans (who don't even know English), and they hate gays with a passion.
Do you think poor villagers in Afghanistan listen to Linkin Park or what?

Where do you live where normies are homophobic?

i'm PRETTY sure it was confirmed he was bi ageeeees ago, too lazy to find a source tho.

HE'S FUCKING DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

THIS. I can respect how people could like the music and image LP created over time, but they've been a joke since in the end. Tear stained nu metal will be remembered like adult contemporary in the 90s. Sure it filled up time and was popular for awhile, but looking back at it a lot of the music is cringe worthy and sappy at best.

You don't understand just how popular linkin

park was. Check out this pic. 50 million sales between two albums. Only Adele and Eminem are more popular than them this century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)

There has to be a ton of spillover in non english nations when you are that popular. Anyone that popular is popular globally.

Man was that a perfect punchline though. You just can't leave such a discography behind and not off yourself.

oh wait fuck, I missed a third album there. they have 57 million sales, making them THE most popular of this century

>57 million
77 million*

>lel edgelord music, so shit
>57 million album sales, making them the most popular artist of the 2000's
LP critics btfo.

I didn't know Minutes to Midnight sold so well.

Of course there are Afghans who listen to American music and wear Nike shoes.

suicide is never rational. he had a mental illness

Russia.

>trying to justify that popularity = quality on Sup Forums

Man i liked LP when I was 15, but I wouldn't consider any of their music as being anything but above average at best.

The weird thing about suicide is that it can spread and generate copycats. I knew someone in the army had PTSD, killed himself then almost a year to the day his best friend killed himself. People depend on other people man, and when a lifeline is gone, people who are struggling eventually snap. It has nothing to do with their sexuality.

China

>i liked LP when I was 15
t. late bloomer

I remember entering a meet and greet they had a few years ago. I'm very sad I didn't get to meet him or greet him....

Maybe you coulda talked some sense into the young man.

>trying to explain inherent social dynamics to isolated losers on Sup Forums

Experience is how these people learn, user, just like you were trying to say here.

>investigate chestergate

you know i dismissed LP as a shitty band from my adolescence but after relistening they aren't too bad, and this is from someone who likes listening to Stockhausen and Bach

Same same...

RIP
Waiting for the End is their best track

This post will probably be ignored but the takedown of AlphaBay and Hansa further contributed to his death.

>dismissing anything that's popular as trash
cool

i was thinking dfr. Drew

why did linkin park need so many members

it's very real. wan sum fick?

A Thousand Suns is unironically a very good album, in my opinion

xp fuck LP!

Yes, cringeworthy and sappy. That is what the degenerate generation will think of this music. They are excessive shut-ins, of course. Society has has lost their sense of emotional identity since the age of electronics and internet culture. Anything that is emotionally powerful and deals with difficult subjects = cringe. It's a sad world we live in today.

I feel bad for taking Linkin Park for granted. Haven't really listened to them for the past ten years, but whenever I checked out their new MVs I thought they still got it. Chester had amazing work ethic and was a touring beast. Mad respect.

bump

Linkin Park is definitely known in China; in fact I bought Meteora there and blasted it for a summer at my relatives' place lol. As an Asian kid who grew up in California in the early 00s, LP were basically the hometown heroes.

Enjoy Nickelback while you still can guys. Death comes sooner than you think.

HOW YOU REMIND ME OF WHAT I REALLY AM

>isolated losers on Sup Forums
Very interesting thought considering you are also on Sup Forums. "Copycat suicides" aren't exactly a widespread phenomenon

WHEN MY TIME COMES, FORGET THE WRONG THAT I'VE DONE. HELP ME LEAVE BEHIND SOME REASONS TO BE MISSED.

AND DON'T RESENT ME, WHEN YOU'RE FEELING EMPTY, KEEP ME IN YOUR MEMORIES, LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST.

God the feels..

Wow. You sure convinced me to stop liking them with those opinions of yours.

RIP to an anime legend. Legit, AMVs will never be the same. I've outgrown them, but it was nice to revisit the shit I watched as a dumb teenager.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_Xp0fhf390&ab_channel=iPetesta

yup, shout out to www.animemusicvideos.org
i used to vote in their yearly contests

That brings me back.

I think my favourite AMV back in the day was a Trunks AMW with Crawling.

what do you mean?

>be 12 years old
>watch naruto amv's with linkin park music after school

damn... rip.

They definitely were never really a good band, but their first two albums are iconic for angsty teenage music of the 2000's. A few other songs they've had since were okay too.

I'm honestly sorry

I was never a hater and I just kind of laughed about your music in passing but still

If I could turn back time I'd write him a verbose letter telling him he's a great person and that his music is special

Search either of those and it will give you a story bout dark Web blackmarket busted shit.
Dunno what the correlation is tho.. care to chime in inxy

Oh btw..
>fucking inxy even uses a handle on 4chin!
>fucking inxy is everywhere!
>shout out DG sub reddit

damn you guys were teens when you watched this shit? i was at most 9.

you should not be on here