Hey Sup Forums. I can't stop thinking about death. Anyone have any ways to just accept it...

Hey Sup Forums. I can't stop thinking about death. Anyone have any ways to just accept it? I don't want to die Sup Forumsros.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I
youtube.com/watch?v=TuJqUvBj4rE
livescience.com/18336-human-population-dead-living-infographic.html
prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a thanatophobic too... I convinced myself that somehow my only goal is to be immortal with technology... It is not that I don't wanna die anymore, it is "I will not die", fuck you God (if you exist)

In the Hagakure, Yamamoto Tsunemoto says, "Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily." Of course that was for samurai warriors, but it's a nifty bit of wisdom that works; if you think about death all the time, hopefully it helps you appreciate life and live it to the fullest.

/not a weeb, just like reading philosophy

eventually it's better than life. Not existing is also not suffering. It's not scary when you think about it, it'll be like being asleep.

Ego death helps.

you're going to be disappointed.

Nah it's not like being asleep. It's like before you were conceived.

Why fear something that is inevitable?

It's going to happen to all of us eventually, worrying about it is pointless. You cannot have life without death.

The tree eventually sprouts leaves again tho.

Not the same guy, but that's not necessarily true. We'll soon be able to print humans from printers, so brain transferring isn't out of the picture.

Hard to be disappointed and dead at the same time, though.

i feel ya, sometimes thinking about it i see i spent 1/5 of my life already and i only got 4/5 left of it. i just wonder when i get to that point will i have spent my life worth living or just in my moms basement on Sup Forums. the thought of becoming immortal has crossed my mind and i would give anything for it just to watch how people will continue through time and crap.

So whats the alternative? Life forever? Really? What a sad and boring thought. Everything looses its value if you got it endlessly. So all you can do is live and stop whining about Things you will never be able to change.
I am afraid of pain and sickness, loosing my mind and become and old vegetable. So i will kill myself when i am like 75.

>mfw even if I die i won't care/feel anything

Okay maybe some of these will help:

1.)
Understand that you'll never experience what being dead is like, because you won't have experiences.

2.) Understand that being nonexistent is actually your default state; you have billions of years of experience not existing, and you didn't mind til now.

3.)
Try religion, it can help you cleanly sidestep thinking about death.

4.) Get so depressed that you don't want to be alive. Then, being dead is preferable.

5.) Distract yourself until you don't have to anymore.

It's not like anything. It's like nothing. You can't liken nothing to anything.

Why tho

Science is not about why, it's about why not

because you know its coming and cant stop it. also you never know when it will come .

Kek. You really think the common person is going to have access to this? Even if such technology is real there's absolutely no way you or I will ever see it.

nigger you gonna reincarnate again and doesnt matter if you want it or not , dont waste time on thinking about it

If you think there is no life after death you must be blind.

Why?

Hmm kinda sounds like nigger logic

Because niggers

Lmao shut up with your cartoon ass beliefs. You're an ape on a rock and you will die and rot. Deal with it.

What makes you think that?

Sorry, there's no easy way to just accept death if you're already asking the question. You have to do it the old fashioned way. As you live and breathe, you can't avoid it, and when you periodically face it, you eventually accept it, like you accept that water flows.

Sure is fun, dying. Like floating down a lazy river at dusk.

Yeah, but printing humans and zapping brains isn't the ontological part of it. How do you know for certain that your consciousness can be transferred, instead of merely replicated? What's an experience, really? What makes brains do good human things? Do you even need human brains to be human things?

What if "uploading" results in experiencing two points in space and time as one person? What if that's not the case at all? What if it's just a copy of you? Would you be upset?

Its not like you are alone in your fear, or alone in death. 100 billion people have already died on this planet, and you are not special.
You will die, you will most likely have a moment when your heart has stopped and your whole body is screaming for oxygen, you will inflate your lungs, but your blood wont pump, and you will fade away.

The best way to accept it, is by not being a pussy. Good luck.

this! and any alan watts speak you can find about the topic

You're either stupid or very dishonest.

>What's the point in being afraid of death

t. Never been faced with actually dying

Eventually you will die and decompose, giving to earth just as the earth gave to you

you dont know a shit about universe you worthless pleb
also i dont believe in anything

Nice b8 m8

>Understand that being nonexistent is actually your default state; you have billions of years of experience not existing, and you didn't mind til now.

But what if non existence after existence is the same as pre-existence,.or if you even cease to exist after you die

Mostly, cause all these haunted ass experiences ive had in my home town. ("Look up the Green River WY library.)

Also, i read a lot of different articles about people who were declared brain dead, but were saved or whatever. Not all, but some said they had a typical heaven experience with loved ones and that shit.

How would you or I know if we can die? What if you're immortal? Immortality can only be disproven once someone dies.

>But what if non existence after existence is the same as pre-existence,.

Meant to say isn't

Everything that has ever lived has died or is living now and will die at some point.

There is no reason to accept it if you are having trouble. It will happen anyway.

I'm trying to stick to the assumption that there is no afterlife, that's why I mentioned religion as its own discrete point.

I just told myself I simply will not kill myself.

Revenge is the best success.
I think about dying all the time, I simply choose to focus on self improvement.

Long term investment for superior revenge.

I think there's some sort of scientific theory on the heaven shit. It has to do with the pineal gland I think

And they all could of been making up some bullshit, because they usually get alit of publicity or something out of it

Made a big jump from spooky stuff to afterlife based on the accounts of likely religious psychotics

>Hey Sup Forums. I can't stop thinking about death. Anyone have any ways to just accept it? I don't want to die Sup Forumsros.

It's better than living in a white minority shithole with your mind hacked by Zuckerberg.

Continuation.

I have way too many people I want to spite fuck into the ground to let myself die.

Death will be when there is nothing more.
For now I am here and enjoying life.

For it will be hell for me later.
Just want to dance in the fire.

Have you tried Alan Watts?

youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I

Yeah i remember that too. it dosnt make sense scientifically or religiously to remember life after death.

I don't think 100 billion people have already died on this planet. There were under 3 billion people 100 years ago, and that was a decent moment after the industrial age.

Having almost died nth times takes away large chunks of the novelty that is being afraid of dying, because you make peace with your life every time you teeter closer to oblivion, and you're left to walk away almost upset that you didn't kick it for the nth time. Imagine making peace with yourself and the world, giving up on your regrets, unpacking it all and then throwing it in a fire, lifting all the weights, everything sorted. You can die now.

And then suddenly, everything is fine.

No worries, you already said your peace about 5 times, already cried, was already angry, already was happy, realized you weren't invincible. Same old song and dance; get back on Sup Forums and shitpost some more until you really die, but for real.

Fun on a bun.

No one knows with certainty how it "feels" to be dead the same way they assume you had no experiences before this life.

For all we know non-existence could be impossible and even though we may not retain our memories we become something else, not necessarily in a logical, linear, order, but also if the universe/time/what ever is infinite then it's inevitable that probability would spit you out again.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuJqUvBj4rE

There is no afterlife. When you die, you're dead. You will have no memory of ever existing. You can't hear, see, feel, or think. The best you can do is live your life and live it well. Over all, wish for a swift and painless end.

I have almost died a few times in my life.
This explains the feeling.

Best bet. Usually the most settling answer.

But consider if you could smoke dmt and recall before being born

I have the opposite problem. :\

Nah i agree. Meeting a dead coal miner is what helped me accept death.

Maybe I'm just a psycho now.

Yeah i heard dmt will remove your "self" from existence. Lol

We are also able to travel around the world with a bevy of swimsuit models on our arm. Very few do that.

Get older, grow numb. It doesn't make things any better, but at least they don't get worse. That's the only thing I've found that works.

I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of being reborn. I don't want to live another life, and I'm completely indifferent when it comes to death. I don't give a fuck whether I die today, or in 10-50 years. Not like it matters.
On the other hand, I enjoy my life to the fullest currently, so whatever.

>2.) Understand that being nonexistent is actually your default state; you have billions of years of experience not existing, and you didn't mind til now.
Why don't you believe in an afterlife user? It only makes sense.

Not that user, can you please explain to me how it makes sense?

I am genuinely curious.

it's not that I believe there's no afterlife, I just don't believe there IS an afterlife.

I've never heard the case for an afterlife argued persuasively.

Rough estimate of total human beings ever is 107 billion. That would make it just about exactly 100 billion dead humans. Roughly speaking.

have a religion, it gives you something to look forward to when you are rotting

Reincarnation would suck. Our chances of being reborn as a poor Chinese peasant girl are about forty percent.

I will agree that getting older does help.

100 billion people, since we evolved into what we consider homo sapiens. Its obviously an estimate.

I don't know. What's the point of creating (If there is a creator, which it seems there has to be.) conscious beings capable of thinking so much that they wonder why they even exist, only to kill them off and never let them think again? That seems extremely counter-intuitive to the point that it just seems like a waster of energy or time, no matter how much time is allowed to exist in the universe. That's the way I see it. At least maybe I'm hopeful, because I'm kind of tired of living on this planet. Nobody works together to make it better like they should and not enough people care or are active enough to do anything about how shitty it is here.

Well start living then. Its the only way. But you will die happy eventually.

You afraid the death because you are wasting your life

Do you think God would just give you the answers on a silver platter? Of course there is no evidence for God or Afterlife, reality was built to be that way. All you have is your life, and you do what you think is right. Don't worry about death, just wait for the next s/fur thread that dosn't fucking suck

>"semi-scientific" method for calculating a better estimate of all who have lived on this orb
>That's because "absolutely no demographic data available for 99 percent of the span of the human stay on Earth," they write
As with all estimates, with the greatest pinch of salt do I take this. It's like suggesting that there are cities on Mars because you can see lines across the surface from Earth.

>Meeting a dead coal miner is what helped me accept death.

Yeah, psychedelics could help answer slot of questions in these threads but I can never shake the premise are psychedelic enlightenments objective or is it all a self serving delusion

Its shitty because I think its a test fam. The creator wants to see if you try to improve the world or not.

I've never experienced a ghost, or an angel, or any proof of god whatsoever like a lot of people have and it makes me sad.

Makes me feel abandoned, if a God does exist.

>. Meeting a dead coal miner is what helped me accept death.

Meant to say you should elaborate, possibly greentext

Yeah thats why i havnt tried them

It's not that. Our creator wants to see us live. Enjoy life, not worry about things and in fact simply enjoy the fact we can observe and think. Enjoy the fact that the sky is blue, and watch the beautiful, green grass wave in the wind and take a deep breath of fresh air and go do what you want to do. And making the world a better place seems to be apart of that.

When i see these things, i always question if they're real, or if im seeing things. Mostly, I always think devine intervention is either real, or I notice a lot of coincidences.

>"Try religion, it can help you cleanly sidestep thinking about death."
>implying religions aren't about focusing on and preparing for death

Wish I've experienced it like some people say they have. They say it's so obvious that the most oblivious person couldn't miss it. Yet I haven't heard, seen or experienced anything that was so in my face, that I had no doubt.

But what if you're some nigger in Africa staring at brown dirt and you can't tilt your head to see the sky because you're so emaciated?

Kind of kills the whole idea

I can't belive my catholic ass is trying to preach on a website where some chick is getting railed on the add on my screen.

It's the best anyone has put forward and it includes estimates for steady population growth (as happens with any species that colonizes new lands), the scientifically accepted estimate of when we became homo sapiens, and allows for the fact that it can be horribly wrong due to the fact that there was no census data. If you wish to dispute it, please put forward your estimate and why you think it is so.

Of course you are supposed to take it with a pinch of salt. The fucking articles tell you to. It's absolutely NOTHING like your simile.

well I'd say there doesn't have to be an intelligent creator. Thinking the universe has a point or goal is a universe-sized assumption that can't be substantiated.

After all, if there's a creator who made everything with a purpose, who made the creator, and for what purpose? If it exists outside the rules of the universe and so doesn't need to be created to exist, then it exists for no reason. If the creator exists for no reason, its creations can only have purpose relative to their creator.

So we don't have "real" purpose either way.

You can cut out the middleman and assume there is no plan and no creator, and the universe will make however much sense it happens to make.

It's possible that the Heat Death theorists are right, and the whole universe will just keep expanding until every molecule is infinitely dispersed at absolute zero, and nothing will ever happen again except the endless drifting of every atom further and further apart.

What purpose would that serve? Do you believe in purpose enough to dismiss end-of-the-universe theories just because they don't cohere to the "plan"?

Mostly true. Can make you feel a lot better about it, though.

Those african kids need Jesus

This is the path you chose.

The world is full of balance, but also the world has changed so much. I don't think that He was ready to account for the fact that a race of white people were ready to conquer the whole Earth with all of the tea they possibly could, potentially giving everybody crooked teeth with their forced breeding.

just learn to enjoy feeling uncertainty and panic

nothing exists that can't be fetishised

Well, humans suck at predicting anything with precision, especially on the scale of quadrillions of years in a seemingly endless black space. But I agree partially, although I don't think anything created a Creator other than the universe itself. Timey-Wimey space stuff, you know?

Not him, but I'd say it takes a perspective shift. You likely see bizarre coincidences but never notice because your adjusted. Look up synchronicity, it's really trippy. Not exactly if it's the same thing this guys talking about, but I'm getting the same gist if he's talking about supernatural coincidences

I dont attribute it to the supernatural. I like to think it shows how our minds are connected to the universe vice/versa

Sorry, death is a lie. Life is a dream that you wake up from. Next time you go to bed, you are going to wake up on another body. Every dream is another body. Death...doesn't exist. This is eternal torture. This is hell.

>It's the best anyone has put forward
To date. It's a "guestimate". It's already been mentioned how some of the methodology regarding the near eyeballing of history has led to a handful of historically inaccurate gaffes.

>steady population growth
Yes. Steady population growth.

>Scientifically accepted estimate
Estimate.
>allows for the fact that it can be horribly wrong
So, what's the problem, then? It could be horribly wrong, and I think that might be the case.

And?

>please put forward your estimate and why you think it is so
So, make another estimate? Why? I can easily use the same reasoning and methodology found in
and draw from several anthropological sources of my choosing to pony up on the death rate if I so chose; I could justify it.

What's the point without any census data. It's all conjecture with an earnest polish, the URLs have said as much.

>Of course you are supposed to take it with a pinch of salt. The fucking articles tell you to.
Yeah, so I don't see why I'd need to make an estimate. Why'd you ask me to make an estimate if you already know that you and I know that the article knows? What are you even yelling about?

>It's absolutely NOTHING like your simile
It is like my simile. Assumptions were made in the
>estimate
my dear user. Assumptions were made in early astronomy when they looked at the red planet.

i'm referring to how when you have dreamless sleep you wake up and as far as you can tell you ceased to exist. Since you can't perceive death or unconsciousness they "feel" the same, as in both cases you feel nothing. I know your brain is active while unconscious but we aren't aware of that.

Passing out is different than falling asleep. Once I hyperventilated and stood up then passed out. When I sleep, I'm vaguely aware of falling asleep and waking up, and usually of being asleep as well. When I passed out, there was no transition. I was standing up, then I was on the floor, no pause or time inbetween. I couldn't tell I'd lost consciousness, I was literally standing then on the floor in pain and it felt like the same moment. As far as I could perceive I stopped existing for the moment I was unconscious, it was absolutely nothing, less than sleep. That is what death is like I think, in purely philosophical terms, and sleep is similar to that.

Fuck you I can liken something to nothing.