What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYI2KMFXLmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Perfect Lex origin story. By the end of the film he IS Lex Luthor.

He acted like a whiny and edgy teenager

no, they say in the movie that his dad was lex luthor. He's Alexander luthor, a much worse character

meme answer: daddy diddled him

my answer: he has a problem with power and authority

He looks like the guy who made MySpace
Tom Zuckerberg

Considering the shit he's capable of, he IS power and authority.

I guess the problem is 'power and authority over him', but that would require him to be smarter and be able to play cool instead of a temper tantrum artist who blows people up.

>stupid rich kid who never achieved anything with his life decides to kill a bunch of people to hurt Superman's feelings and gets one of his rich friends to beat him up

Not really what I'd call perfect.

>my answer: he has a problem with power and authority
so its then

"How could you get my McDonalds order wrong?"

He was poorly written
Poorly casted.
Poorly acted.
Poorly conceived.
Poorly directed.
and was a poormans ripoff of Heath Ledger.

>tfw his monologue to Superman explaining everything about his character and motivation in 2 minutes
>tfw it went over people's heads

>Hey Mr. Snyder, I was in a movie written by this really autistic guy that I think would make an excellent Lex Luthor in this landscape you created. Maybe I could take a little inspiration from him. What do you think?

>tfw when people think character motivation being in a two minute monologue is good writing

This
I hate Lex's casting as much as the next guy but the rooftop scene was goat

>tfw people think that not being able to summarize motivation in a quick concise way is better than clarity

Exactly why BvS is shit.

>Pit the planet's foremost superheros against each other
>Kidnap a God's mother
>Create an extraterrestrial abomination
>Learn the knowledge of the cosmos from a galactic overlord
>Get locked up w/ a giant chip on shoulder to exact revenge

These things turn him into a formidable super villain, it's a well executed origin tale.

lex luthor wouldnt throw away a billion dollar company like he did in the movie. He wouldve thought of a more clever way to fight superman where he wouldnt get the blame

Even though that's your head cannon or direct from comics interpreataion, that's why I call it an origin story. Just like Superman as we know him, may not have done some of the things he did in MoS it's because he was Kal-El, not yet Superman til the end.

lex luthor doesnt need a fucking origin

>I'm gonna do a bunch of unclever bullshit that's going to OBVIOUSLY lead back to me
>My plan failed! Unleash the giant monster that could destroy entire cities and my entire reputation as a public businessman!

Such a shit character. Such a shit movie.

>These are the people your posting with

fucking pathetic

>Lex Luthor was literally the good guy in this movie

You're retarded

This.

>There was no good guy in the movie
>There was no good guy in a fucking superhero movie

You mean Batman who killed everyone that didn't want to comply including his attempt to kill Superman?

Or Superman with his God complex that leveled half the city?

None of the things that happened in BVS would have happened if it wasn't for Batman and Superman, millions died because of them.

Lex Luthor tried to prevent Batman and Superman from destroying the rest of the city, he was literally the good guy,

>Batman who killed everyone

Like 2 people maybe who were trying to murder him while he secured a WMD/Godkiller, give it a rest.

How did Superman level half a city?

>millions died
??

Stick with Civil War, it's cinematography is more autism friendly.

You mean Lex Luthor, who created a monstrous abomination capable of leveling entire cities and possibly the country, when his plan to make two people kill each other didn't work?

>"""origin""" story
>character appears out of nowhere and story doesn't explain his motivations at all

pretty shit t b h

smallville, now that was a good origin story

Batman was branding the criminals he took in. Anyone sent to prison with that brand would be brutally murdered by the inmates. He continued doing it anyway.

Superman destroyed majority of Metropolis in the fight with Zod. Say what you will about Zod purposely bringing the fight there for the sake of destruction, Superman, as hero, has been known for fighting to avert any and all destruction when he can.

>Superman, as hero, has been known for fighting to avert any and all destruction when he can.

He did his best. He was not yet Superman, as such. This was his first adventure, in which, despite casualties, he literally saved the world.

Batman literally went out of his way to crush people with his car in this movie, all the people he killed weren't certified criminals either, just people who tried to stop him from acomplishing his goals.

Also Batman
Since Man of Steel is also canon in this movie, the destruction Superman has caused in that movie is also canon in this one, also in the beginning of the movie you see Superman leveling tons of building and you see people die from Superman's actions, Superman knows this is happening and he doesn't care because Zack Snyder establishes a God complex in Superman carried over from Man of Steel.

Superman literally destroys Wayne Enterprise killing most of his employers, Batman wants to kill Superman at all cost.

He didn't know that would happen, he just wanted to kill Batman and Superman by resurrecting the only person capable of killing Superman.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYI2KMFXLmo

Lex's real problem is irony I say, but your post make more sense.

Sure, why not

He was kino

Lex is pretty based

why do you spend all day making these?

agreed

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

I really don't get how people could say he was badly acted, or even using "cringey" as if it's a legitimate complaint.

His extroverted performance triggers the autistic.

>Marvel does the same shit
>"best villain ever"

Maybe because it was actually delivered with soem gravitas and not by someone dancing around like Rumpelstilskin on speed.

But yeah, totally the same.

My only problem with Lex is that killing innocents with a bomb seems a bit extreme for his character at that point in the film.

In that situation it was sort of the point though.
He did a bunch of stuff throughout the movie that caused a the characters to fight, especially at the end, and the ultimate reason for him doing everything was very very minor and simple.
It didn't need to be explained any more because they already showed a bunch of people who were upset at the deaths during AoU.
The entire 'theme' of the movie was "superheroes can cause bad shit to happen too". That's why everyone was fighting. That's why Zemo existed

This is why I hate talking about this movie with comic fans. They think because he's not fucking All-Star Superman perfectly from the beginning.

I get it, you fucking hate that Superman's idea of being the perfect good was subverted to be a forced morality we imposed on him rather than him just being a good boy who dindu nuffin. But that in itself is not a fucking argument about the movie quality.

It blows my mind that people seriously ask "WOW WHY DIDN'T HE JUST PERFECTLY SAVE EVERYBODY? I THOUGHT HE AS A GOOD GUY" when it's shown SEVERAL times how much he was struggling to keep up with Zod, who keep in mind was a warrior, not a random farm boy.

The problem I think people are having with MoS is that Zod was an actually powerful villain, and not a reckless moron just waiting for his enemies to team up and stomp his shit in. He got to kill people, LOTS of people, and there was no happy victory of all the heros jammed into a shot of them fighting a robot swarm, there was just a fuck ton of dead which would have been EVERYONE.

I just don't get it. People are using previous depictions to make meta criticism of a Superman of a different world and universe. It's like criticizing Paradise Lost because Lucifer isn't portrayed exactly as in the Bible. It's utter nonsense.

from the beginning he wasn't a good person*

>The problem I think people are having with MoS is that Zod was an actually powerful villain, and not a reckless moron just waiting for his enemies to team up and stomp his shit in.

Agreed.

>He did a bunch of stuff throughout the movie that caused a the characters to fight, especially at the end, and the ultimate reason for him doing everything was very very minor and simple.
>It didn't need to be explained any more because they already showed a bunch of people who were upset at the deaths during [Man of Steel].
>The entire 'theme' of the movie was "superheroes can cause bad shit to happen too". That's why everyone was fighting.
Literally BvS

He's the lex luthor baby

Not really. He made the characters fight one time.
Lex Luthor's motivations are also not really inspired by the events of MoS. He had some weird bullshit about 'power struggles' or something. If they bothered to explain why he did anything more than in that one scene where he mentioned his father, it would have been better.

And the whole shit about the 'theme' is false about BvS. That was Batman's motivation, but it disappeared as soon as they teamed up, and the heroes never did anything wrong. In Civil War, it is hammered in that the heroes kill people accidentally all the fucking time, and they aren't perfect, even at the end.