6/10 at best, can someone explain the hype to me?

6/10 at best, can someone explain the hype to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5d9JZ4CSD7I
youtube.com/watch?v=O3MsSf210Rw
youtu.be/ak03dtjdRQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sup Forums only gets their musical opinions from the melon

He's gay now (allegedly) so we have to like him. Also extremely accessible with the added bonus of trap beats so normies can rave about how amazing it is and not get scared away by muh mixing like they did with Cherry Bomb

>gay music
into the trash

>normies
>muh mixing
normies dont know or care shit about mixing u fucking loser
and the ones that do are just pretentious fucks probably like u

Sup Forums has really bad taste and that's kind of all there is. Also homosexuals are popular now.

>Implying a normie would enjoy terribly mixed music
They may not be able to articulate why it sounded "bad" but a normie can tell when something has shit mixing, shitter.
Idk how you extrapolated pretentiousness out of any of that either, are you seriously going to act like him being possibly gay isn't helping him?

melon hasn't reviewed the album yet tard

he's gay, we know who his boyfriend is, he has tried to come out multiple times and not just on this album but people never take him seriously because somehow it's more believable to them that it's a marketing gimmick

also there's like one song with a trap beat it's not a trap album at all and the production is gorgeous and he brings bars and he scrapped the edginess in exchange for actual depth and emotion.

progressivism/SJWism dwarfs everything else

He's gay so for some reason that makes his music good

they dont give a fuck about mixing and if u srsly think otherwise u havent been around enough
come up from the basement some time user

> we know who his boyfriend is

Who is it?

>u
>srsly
I'm clearly debating with an intellectual heavyweight here. You're so cool you don't even have time to type things out.
>They don't give a fuck about mixing
Right, that's why one of the main complaints with Cherry Bomb was its mixing. Because normies don't give a fuck about it. Makes sense.

some fag
Wow it's like you ignored his entire post

some twink, I forget his name

are u srsly referring to urself as a normie user
u were the 2nd reply to a flower boy shitpost thread on a Sup Forums music board on a saturday afternoon
shouldnt u b out getting loaded w natty lights
get the fuck off my board u fucking faggot

Look at me the contrarian everybody wanna be.
I take other people's opinion always into consideration, comparing their taste with my own.
I disagree so, others are wrong.

He's gay. It broke new ground

Newgrounds? old as fuck, we don't need no faggot rapper cucks.

'I'm slipping into irrelevance so I need to pull a publicity stunt' the album.

Along with Wolf it's one of his best albums

its cause he's a faggot now. also this is some of his better production and by far tilers best album but it's overrated as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=5d9JZ4CSD7I

youtube.com/watch?v=O3MsSf210Rw

>implying trap beats aren't superior to standard OF production
shit taste, lad

>we know who his boyfriend is

don't tell me it is Frank

It's a white guy

Cole Sprouse?

Tyler used to have a crush on him.

No one knows yet, I checked his twitter a few times but I haven't seen any mention of him.

it's this faggot.

It's easily his best album though right

everyone in this thread is memeing right?

people are speculating Frank coming out before Tyler was ready to was the reason why Frank went ghost for several years

yes to tylers best but it still sucks.

Isn't he still dating Tallulah?

This boy is pretty af. Would easily fuck his boipussy.

Lucky Tyler.

Frank Ocean's music embodies the aesthetic and sonic direction that heavily appeals to Tyler, The Creator. With Flower Boy, Okonma attempts to channel this inspiration through dark undertones, which are familiar to his fans. However, he drops his teenage angst, and replaces rape and murder, with themes of solitude and conflicting sexuality--among other things. This newfound maturity is further reflected with his choice of features and his decision to combine rapping, with smooth singing in most tracks. Despite the shortcomings, Flower Boy places itself at the top of Okonma's discography.

>8/10

By the way, I fucking hate Droppin' Seeds, anyone else?

Just becauz said he has gay urges doesn't mean he said he was gay.

It stands out real hard next to everything else in the album. Makes me wonder if there was some obligation to have Lil Wayne on the album.

It starts strong and gets worse with every consecutive song. I'd give it a 2 or 2.5.

>potholes sucked so much my nigga.

>[[[we]]]

His name is Wyatt Navarro. Pic related.

ew

Yeah, Tyler could do much better. He doesn't even look like '95 Leo.

Tyler's favorite pastime

>NIGGA THATS A POTHOLE
>WATCH OUT FOR THE POTHOLE

Am i the only one which was impressed by Jaden Smith on pothole?

actually i think he did pretty good, and the more i listen to it the less annoying it becomes

yikes hopefully this happens for me cuz i cant stand that puny little sounding fucker
i absolutely abhor everything he does
i rly liked the song til he came in

I usually don't like him the only thing he did that was alright in my opinion was the get down, but i felt like he was doing okay on that track if we compare it to some of the other stuff that he have made

idk i try to stay away from anything hes made cuz he just sounds like a whiney little brat
and im p sure the only reason hes liked in the industry is bc of his dad

>out now
get it??

Anyone who thinks that his alleged gayness is just a marketing campaign is oblivious to the fact that Tyler's career would be over as soon as he fails to go along with his new identity

He's
>Le GAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

Is that bane?

who is this handsome gentleman

He grew up some. Tyler for the first time is writing like an adult and it shows.

Due to his previous reputation, this causes an exaggeration among critics and reviewers. If this were his debut it'd be deemed as pretty alright but boring.

I liked it a lot. I was a fan of the original Bastard narrative but hated Cherry Bomb, when the singles dropped and found out Flower Boy was essentially going to be his jazzy summer romance thing that he did a little in Wolf but as a whole album I was in. It really lived up to my high expectations with my least favorite track being Garden Shed (just a little meandering for my tastes, at least in the first half of the track) and my favorite track either being either See You Again or November. Even the "banger" """radio""" tracks in Who Dat Boy/I Ain't Got Time! are solid tracks. Droppin Seeds was a pretty ehhh track too and a little out of place but it's a minute long and fairly excusable. I'm also just not a fan of Lil Wayne.

Also I'm a sucker for whole albums that sounds well composed and this entire album flows and is very cohesive.

why you niggas feel like that? mad cause a nigga neck chill like that ?

Wolf > GOBLIN= SFFB > Bastard > Cherry Bomb

anyway the wind blowwwwwwwsssss

While you guys wait for melon, here's my review of Flower Boy: youtu.be/ak03dtjdRQU

Personally I think it's Tylers best album, even better than Wolf.
I'd easily give it a 8

this

where's the review score? did you do this shit for school?

review scores are stupid

Same here. This and BASTARD are the only Tyler albums that I can listen to front to back.

Goblin is cringy as fuck if you arn't an angsty teenager. Wolf has some amazing songs and some crappy ones too, same with Cherry Bomb.

Flower Boy is short (under 45 minutes) and is a wonderful album to listen to in its entirety.

>assigning a numeric score to art

HAHAH

stop existing please

I give your post a light to decent 5

i'm feeling a strong 9 for this post

just the fact that melon assigns scores preceded by 'strong' and 'light' should be proof enough that numerical scores are ridiculous.

light 3

Try hard

>implying I want to listen to much 808s for the 7 trillionth time this month

honestly like the production on this one a lot
kinda sounds like sa-ra and the stuff flylo did for kendrick

he's not an amazing rapper but i enjoy this more than any of his previous stuff

Anyone got a link to CDQ/320?

This is AOTY

i really don't understand what you can't like about this album

maybe you have Aspergers user

even if i did it wouldn't interfere with my ability to judge music

i'm feelin like a strong 8 right now

being vehemently against numerical review scores is needlessly obtuse.
it's just a quick, simple, and universal way to translate complicated and long-form thoughts into a very convenient and easy-to-communicate idea.

stop bein so damn pretentious and close-minded nigga damn

Is this a Tyler album or a Frank Ocean album? It has Tyler's name on it but all I hear is Ocean voice and music.

Also it's been 3 days and already forgotten. I can't believe this came out on my birthday

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok
YOU LIVE IN MY DREAM STATE

he's kinda a qt, I get it

last album was crapola so this is a breath of fresh air