Tfw Malick's Voyage of Time got booed in Venice

>tfw Malick's Voyage of Time got booed in Venice

Is Malick finished?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/voyage_of_time_lifes_journey/
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/06/voyage-of-time-review-terrence-malick-venice-film-festival-201
thefilmstage.com/reviews/venice-review-voyage-of-time-lifes-journey/
variety.com/2016/film/reviews/voyage-of-time-review-venice-film-festival-terrence-malick-1201852631/
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/06/voyage-of-time-review-terrence-malick-venice-film-festival-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=xw08GQw0hBI
nytimes.com/2016/05/21/movies/cannes-keeps-its-traditions-including-its-boos.html?_r=1
ina.fr/video/2566054001042
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Very much so, yes.

Not surprising. He lost his way a long time ago.

Nope, the boos are music to my ears, only confirm it will be transcendent kinography.

Malick peaked with Badlands. It's been a slow slide into shit ever since.

>Venice

plebs. who cares.

They boo at Venice too?

Badlands really wasn't that great. I think Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line are probably the best he'll ever do. By that point he'd developed his distinctive style, but it hadn't calcified into self-parody yet

well, hes in good company.
they booe'd david lynch and fire walk with me back in the day.

Europlebs always go to festivals with the intention of booing the finest kinos as an exercise of their status.

>Badlands really wasn't that great

bollocks m8

thats rob reiner you idiot

>pleb redditors got triggered and booed

What's new?

99.9 % of movies get boos at Venice, same thing with Cannes etc. That's why Mel Gibson's new movie not getting boos is being reported so much.
Because it is so incredibly rare.

Jesus christ OP, why did you have to start 2 shitpost threads?

Also if he gave a fuck about what critics said he would have stopped at The New World. He's only doing it for himself and a niche audience and he's never going to stop because the producers love him.

As for his films, they've only been getting better and better, with the exception of The New World, which I'd put second to last before Badlands in terms of least good. If you can't recognize that then art films just aren't for you.

Badlands was meh

who cares, I like his work.

This is the last movie on my list before I kill myself.

I'm flying to an Imax and everything, gonna be dope as fuck. Then I've made a guillotine at home that will behead me, but I'll set a timer on it and take some nice sleeping pills while listening to Kate Bush on repeat.

At least I'll be free from this bullshit

That's Saul Kripke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve

OOH IT GET DARK
IT GETS LONELY

SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE, COOP

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

peaked with Days of Heaven. Then people were way too excited for Thin Red Line, which was good, but not as great as his fanboys make it out to be.

Everything after that was garbage. Hes a hack fraud. Hes George Lucas:film Snob edition.

Really insightful stuff user, thanks.

>Gorefest with no depth gets cheers

You're welcome. Consider yourself redpilled on Malick.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN

I agree with this.

40 words 0 arguments
nice dude

based

NEW THREAD>>>>

RIP

Now TPFWWM gets a very positive response.
Just shows you these critics always have an agenda.

triggered malick fanboy detected. I love it

Isn't his stuff usually booed at festivals?

I'm not a fan of his work, but this doesn't seem to be news. People will still dig what he does.

kys

nope

>Isn't his stuff usually booed at festivals?

The Tree of Life got the palme d'or, the biggest festival award in the world

100% on RT

rottentomatoes.com/m/voyage_of_time_lifes_journey/

Plus general positive reviews.

theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/06/voyage-of-time-review-terrence-malick-venice-film-festival-201

thefilmstage.com/reviews/venice-review-voyage-of-time-lifes-journey/

variety.com/2016/film/reviews/voyage-of-time-review-venice-film-festival-terrence-malick-1201852631/

It was still booed

then what the fuck is OP talking about

Malick is a fucking hack who STIL, AFTER OVER 40 YEARS OF MAKING FUCKING MOVIES, makes the type of badly mad fucking trash that you'd expect from a pretentious first year film student!!!FACT!!!

He never had a "way" in the first place. He shoots endless amounts of footage, because he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, then spends YEARS editing his shit in order to "find" the film. He's a fucking hack and always has been!!!FACT!!!

what is this. stop this.

You are 100% correct, Sir!!!FACT!!!

where do i start with malick

chronologically?

theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/06/voyage-of-time-review-terrence-malick-venice-film-festival-2016

yes

They also gave the Palme to Blue is the Warmest Color purely for political purposes and now NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THAT SHITTY MOVIE when it was your average teen lesbian drama which is its own fucking genre in France. Fuck those frog and their retarded pretentious festival!!!FACT!!!

Yes, like with every director, and if you don't like The Thin Red Line, don't bother with the rest. New/Best Malick isn't for you.

Is this satire?

nah he should give ToL a try anyway. It's a better distillation of Thin Red Line's philosophical ambition and visually it's stunning. You can appreciate it on an aesthetic level alone.

Fair enough. You'd have to be a monster to not feel anything during the childhood montage scenes, at least. It's just that a lot of people get turned off by the 2 or 3 Sean Penn bits, which aren't even that great anyway.

You do know a guillotine isn't an instant death, right? Especially not a shoddy hand-made one.

Holy fucking pleb

meanwhile... Mel "Burn the Jews" Gibson's latest directorial effort got a 10 minute standing ovation.

Malick BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=xw08GQw0hBI

>celebrities talking shit and gossiping about each other like goddamn children
And they expect people to respect them?

How does the audience decide when to boo? I mean is the movie really that bad? Even when I see a bad movie, I've never had a moment where I thought "I should boo right now."

Don't
He's trash
Neo-Sup Forums will try to convince you otherwise

Please, tell me about classic \tv\

I'll pray it's successful, nothing destroys the soul like a botched attempt. God bless

If you accept 100% for Voyage of Time then you have to accept To the Wonder and Knight of Cups have 46% you faggots can't pick and choose.

Talking about your experience working with someone isn't gossip, idiot.

Rotten Tomatoes isn't one critic, retard.

Different critics can have different reactions to films, even if they're from the same director. It's called being an adult.

>Rotten Tomatoes isn't one critic, retard.
woah how did you figure that out, your iq must be over 100 at least!

It's a figure of speech. Nobody actually boos at anything, especially not at an elegant art festival. They just basically said they didn't really like/get it in the interviews afterwards.

>Neo-Sup Forums
Please don't talk about things you don't know anything about.
"old-Sup Forums" liked Parajanov, Tarr, Bresson, Kiarostami, which are very similar to Malick. Malick haters are just dumb capekids who stumbled upon something they don't (want to) understand and just want to have a strong opinion about something.

>If you dislike thing I like then that means you like superheroes
Ha, GOT EM!!!

What about Bergman?

>Nobody actually boos at anything, especially not at an elegant art festival
how new?

nytimes.com/2016/05/21/movies/cannes-keeps-its-traditions-including-its-boos.html?_r=1

They're literally trying to mock him and they're saying how he's terrible, but just come off as "I'm pissed that they cut me out of the film". They're saying nothing of value and the whole video is just them giggling and going "he did huat?".

what always bothers me about the space shit is the coloration, in pictures its only added so you can differentiate different shit, the universe isn't all colorful and shit.and this is in practically all movies too

>It's a figure of speech. Nobody actually boos at anything, especially not at an elegant art festival.

Do you think Sup Forums's narrative is satirical too? The booing happens and it is genuine

you're literally the only other person I've seen point this out.

to the human eye space is completely black pockmarked by points of brilliant white.

I always point this out to friends whenever space comes up in conversation. I'm fun at parties.

>I'm pissed that they cut me out of the film
They're talking about Adrien Brody who wasn't even there. If you have trouble understanding a short youtube video how do you comprehend a DEEP Malick film?

You know who won the Palme d'or? Michael Moore. And that was before Malick

pretentious hack

guess who awarded that to him and was president of the jury that year...

ina.fr/video/2566054001042

needless to say you can't really blame Cannes for that decision.

Don't kill yourself, my man.
Otherwise, you won't see his next film starring Ryan Gosling and Rooney Mara. Moreover, his last films have been about accepting that life is suffering and you'll only find grace in Nature.

Good! I hate that people have this perception of space as a wonderful color-show because of this
Even though I can understand its usage in movies, it still seems very dishonest.

>If you have trouble understanding a short youtube video
You mean you? The video is Plummer complaining about how Malick cut him out, and how he thinks he's shitty. The stuff about Brody and Rourke were just brief examples.

>a DEEP Malick film
Malick isn't deep. It shows how much you know about the thing you're talking shit about.

>to the human eye space is completely black pockmarked by points of brilliant white.
That's only because it's far away.

Please tell us the name of the brilliant director who give the palme d'or to Malick

>D E E P
not too strong on sarcasm are you

well the only colors that exist come from planets reflecting light, so you have to be pretty close to a planet to see its color.

Other than that nothing gives off the colors you see in movies or space photography (which uses color to show the full spectrum of light that includes infra, ultraviolet and x ray)

Newsflash: the sun isn't orange either. It's impossibly white. NASA just photographs it at low exposures to make it more visible and visually informative.

The article doesn't really specify exactly if people literally boo during the film, but if that's really the case then that's disgusting. On top of that the article says that everyone's a pretentious asshole who boos randomly, even at masterpieces, so that basically invalidates OPs statement and everyone's arguments in this thread about how everyone hates Malick.

Sure, but Bergman is still loved and well known here, just like Tarkovsky. I was talking about the old Sup Forums /film/ "dearies".

Why are European film festivals so trashy? All I ever hear about is them booing and shouting at the screenings. Are European film goers the equivalent of the American blacks?

Christ Malick fanboys are fucking unbearable.

>I don't think he's that good of a writ-REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Although his earlier films were good recently he's-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>He goes overboard with the voiceov-REEEEEEEEEE

:^)

he also gave Ballad de Trompiste the top prize at some film festival and it's one of the shittiest films that was shown that year.

Finally the world recognizes this shithead for the second rate overrated hack that he is

i haven't watched anything he has done since tree of life, but i'm going to assume it's more of the same floaty bullshit he's been doing since thin red line

he should stick to bird watching, because he can't make a movie worth a shit. days of heaven is his only good movie. badlands is so unbelievably amateurish. the rest is just people frolicking through grass and/or moping around doing nothing

but when a shitty director gets a palme dor it doesn't count
when malick gets one it does count
when malick films get a low rotton tomatoes score it doesn't count because they're all dumb capeshit reviewers
when a malick film gets a good score then it's a reliable source

are you fucking dense? They call it booing because they literally boo. and jeer. and scream things at the screen.

Mark Kermode was even famously thrown out of a Cannes screening for Von Triers The Idiots because he literally stood up and yelled badly translated French obscenities at the screen.

BASED kermode

oh whoops I didn't see you wrote Malick.

That was De Niro. it was the safe choice that year.

Making a film used to be a political act. Some people have nostalgia from this era. We're really underestimating how Lucas and Spielberg destroyed this medium

That's pretty hilarious, but still gross childish behavior that proves how incompetent they are at what they're doing.

>i haven't watched anything he has done since tree of life
You haven't missed anything.

usually I'd agree

but if I was obliged to sit through another goddamn Xavier Dolan film on the festival circuit, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't boo too