Post-punk

Was it a mistake to classify all of those wildly different albums as belonging to the same genre?

I think it probably was. the umbrella for what constitutes as "post punk" is probably too wide.

Like seriously, the albums in that picture sound NOTHING alike

Yes, they are all rock you stupid Israeli cock

They are all rock, but punk was supposed to be a sub-genre of rock, and then post punk was supposed to be a distinctive sub genre of punk.

And instead of being distinctive, it's just a HUGE umbrella term

faggot

wtf i did nothing wrong

Says the retard who was unironically using electronic as a label the other day

I feel like the term "post-punk" itself doesn't do the genre justice. Sure, genres like post-rock have a unifying character to them while still an umbrella term, but post-punk really has difficulty in characterizing its sounds. Even talking about its inception can bring up arguments because it can be assumed that post punk is a chronological term, when really punk and post punk came around in such a short difference of time that its almost negligible.

tl;dr
classifying music into genres sucks, but besides the triviality it gives off, its pretty important in communicating thoughts and musical ideas.

Your existence itself is a flaw

minutemen is post-hardcore
interpol is indie rock
hex is post punk
this heat is art roc
jd is post punk
chameleons i'll give u that

>interpol
>post-punk

If everyone in the world were a bit more like me, there would be no religions and there would have been world peace

You're all literally worse than EDMtards, well done.

>abrasive, visceral, and esoteric guitar sounds with no roots in melody or blues that are played on top of groovy rhythms

People are classifying Interpol as "post punk revival"

this

If everyone in the world were a bit more like me, there would be no religions and there would have been world peace.

I'm not perfect, i have my flaws, sure. but i'm less flawed than most of humanity.

are you honestly saying without religion world peace would exists?

this must be a joke

>gay furry jew retard

ok

*tips*

You seem to forgot that tripfags are by definiton inferior to the rest of humanity

Lack of religion would greatly contribute to world peace.

Just look at the middle east.

so are you literally implying
rape, murder, capitalism, depression, mental illness, human trafficking, animal cruelty and cheating spouses
are all due to religion ????

I make one rare non-political on topic post and everything turns into a shitfest anyway. Existence is meaningless.

>Gay
I'm bisexual, but sure, that's considered gay

>Furry
I'm definitely not a furry

>Jew
I'm an atheist, not a jew.

>Retard
My IQ is within the top 1% of the population. i'm objectively not a retard

you said nothing of importance

Do you really think this is what the sentence: "Lack of religion would greatly contribute to world peace." implies?

The fact religion is detrimental to world peace doesn't mean all issues in the world are the result of religion. just many of them.

crazyaga you're the tripfag equivalent of Hopsin

now its on you to clarify how religion has contributed to a lack of world peace

Saudi Arabia, Israel, Yemen, Syria, Crusades, The entire ancient history of humanity being full with wars about spreading your religion.

Religion does nothing but hold back society. it's anti-intellectualism at it's most dogmatic form

idk much about those so i'll take your word.

Also gays were chemically castrated in the west because of Christianity only a few decades ago, even after world war 2.

The rise of secularism in the west only contributed to world peace

>Also gays were chemically castrated in the west because of Christianity only a few decades ago, even after world war 2.

Im athiest didnt mind that. they are obnoxious and ruining creation

You literally provided zero arguments in this post.

Atheism doesn't guarantee that you will care about gay rights. but religion guarantees that you will want to violate them, if you actually follow what the religion says.

>arguing with a guy whose name starts with 'crazy'
For what purpose?

If your mind operated rationally you would understand my username doesn't have any effect on the validity of my arguments.

You have no self awareness do you?

Friendly reminder to everyone ITT that Crazyaga is literally a gay autist.

I"m perfectly self aware.

Are you self aware though? are you aware, for example, that you are not addressing my arguments right now, and that you focus on completely irrational things that have nothing to do with my arguments?

>Also gays were chemically castrated in the west because of Christianity only a few decades ago, even after world war 2.

wtf i love christianity now

I already told you I wasn't going to argue with you though ;)

Even if i was autistic, most of society is irrational and dogmatic, which is worse than autism. (well, i'm talking about more mild cases of autism such as a mild Asperger).

I'm not autistic though, which makes society even more fucked up compared to me

>with no roots in melody or blues that are played on top of groovy rhythms

i'm having an orgasm, it was a huge fuck off to dad rock.
post punk was really a revolution

I agree that the post punk genre is full with incredible albums.

It's just a huge umbrella term, not a distinctive term

WHO GIVES A FUCK TRIPFUCK

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

FUCK YOu

>minutemen is post-hardcore
This. I never understood why DNOTD isn't widely considered a post-hardcore album.

>art rock
Literally a meaningless term

isnt interpol post punk revival

The common trait of post-punk is that it's rock for pseudo-intellectuals who wear all black, have a tea superiority complex and have extremely shallow philosophical views that they are very vocal about.

Literally a meaningless and worthless attempt to discredit a genre you don't like. nice

lmao

Not even the best chamelons album

Just my personal favorite chameleons album right now

post punk is a term, not a lifestyle, idiot.

t. /fa/ using Zizek/Stirner memer who asks for Elias insppo
Hi Talking Cat Bob

Explain /fa/ then, in which half the threads are self-help guides for becoming "more post-punk"?

they are just social stereotypes of the audience who listens to post-punk.

And stereotypes are most of the time not true, you know.

>And instead of being distinctive, it's just a HUGE umbrella term

Just like Metal, Electronic or Hip Hop. There's nothing wrong with that.

Even having music so different from each other within those genres, all of it shares some core that makes them "Post-punk" or whatever.

>Minutemen are post-HC
>This Heat is avant-punk
>Interpol is post-punk revival

>These people just embody stereotypes
>But stereotypes aren't true
?

for clarity, who embodies what stereotypes?

It's kinda like how people say atheists wear fedoras. almost no atheists wears a fedora yet the social stereotype still exists

/fa/ embodies the stereotype that minimal techno/post-punk fans are a bunch of extremely shallow fashion focused pseuds who are more into the aesthetics of art than at itself

>Talking Cat Bob

Shit, literally the only trip fag that i ever liked.

i sure love internet

But the thing is that post-punk is a sub genre of punk, and punk is a sub genre of rock.

It's really a huge umbrella term of a genre that goes in this many levels in the sub-genre category.

>But the thing is that post-punk is a sub genre of punk

Not really.

Post-punk grew from punk, but it is a distinctive genre.

>post punk was supposed to be a distinctive subgenre of punk
But that's wrong, thought. Post-punk was coined as a term for popular rock styles that emerged after the punk movement, not necessarily developments inside of punk, though the two overlap in more than a few places.

I disagree that aesthetics of art are separate from art itself

Punk and post-punk are rather different genres. I wouldn't say that one is a subgenre of the other.

/fa/ isn't into techno or post punk. what are you talking about

Turner on the bright lights sounds like joy division but not as good

>daily Elias and /bleep/ inspo threads

elias is what you consider post-punk?
every one of those so called bleep threads are kids still talking about age old boiler room sets. call me when they start spamming nts

Iceage is the poster boy for modern post-punk, yes

Aesthetics of art is the art itself you pseud

it sounds like chameleons and the sound

He was talking about the fashion taste of the audience, when he said "aesthetics"

if thats true than yikes. water down the birthday party is the poster boy for post-punk now?
what went wrong

how different is fashion taste from music taste?

They are two completely different things and not everyone who is into music gives a fuck about fashion

tbf not even /fa/ gives a fuck about fashion.

Watered down power electronics and harsh noise wall are pretty fashionable with alt kids nowadays, but you'll notice its only the artists with good fashion that get attention, not the ones who are actually developing their respective genres.

so you wouldn't scoff at someone with shitty music taste?

Nope because music taste is subjective.

no thats understandable. kids want something they can copy to help them find their identity
majority of music that gets sold depends on that. no matter if its pop or not.

one could have the same attitude about dress

Yes because taste in fashion is subjective too

ergo music and fashion are related, they're both pretty important to the post-punk label

bad thread
genres are not theory
get over it

music theory is gay

I did not claim genres are theory.
But should have defining characteristics. the defining characteristics for post-punk are very vague