Is this the most overrated classic rock album of all time?

Is this the most overrated classic rock album of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWAkBrSEh3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not Murican enough

No, Sgt. Pepper's is.

Spot on! Abbey Road is definitely the best Beatles album although I'm not a big fan of the band.

White album master race

Definitely one of them. Bruce in general is just Bob Seger with a lot less soul

Nah, it's slightly overrated but still full of great songs and it's not hard to see why it was/is so popular.

Pic related is my pick

i will fight u

incorrect kys

Sup Forums gets very defensive about Bowie and The Velvet Underground for whatever reason but I agree with you.

I use to agree Ziggy is overrated, but it's such a fun album that I can't hate it. I still rarely listen to it and prefer most Bowie's other albums.

Born in the USA is awesome. Not overrated it all.

GLORY DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEY PASS YOU BYYYYY GLORY DAYSSSSS IN THE WINK OF A YOUNG GIRLSSSSSSSEYEEEEEEEEEEE GLORY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAYAYAYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yes

>not A Night at the Opera
>not Hotel California
>not Synchronicity (the worst Police album)

As if Bowie and The Velvet Underground had similar intents before Loaded.

overrated but still good albums

you guys are forgetting how much awful "classic rock" there is

Queen is dead

Never implied they did, just that Sup Forums gets very defensive about the two artists/bands.

ONLY CORRECT ANSWER ITT: all of them

This album is really good, but anyone who can't appreciate lyrics...or isn't really looking for them in this, because it sounds very Arena rock, is going to miss the point of this album.

Most overrated is probably anything by U2.

no this is patrick

both are very good choices

Nah, this didn't fare as well as his previous work critically speaking. It has great singles, which is why it sold so much.

It definitely influenced Lorde on her new album.

was amazing how Americans missed the point of Born In The USA, but the rest of the world understood.

I thought that was the John Oswald record at first

Yeah, even Ronnie Raygun thought it was a patriot song.

/thread

Darkside?

Wow what a stupid thing to say

It's a shitty 80s pop album with a few solid singles. Even the songs that are passable are ruined by the godawful and dated as fuck production and synths.

classic rock is the worst genre of all time, pic related my pick

There is no album more overrated than Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.

Garbage.

Anything Hard-Rock post 70's is usually overrated

ITT awful taste

This

This shit is overrated as hell. Catchy but overrated

They're certainly not the most competent musicians, but they pioneered subgenres of music with that and their later albums.

That album is too important to be considered overrated.

i'd pressure cook you if i could

fucking hell, this.

Also it's the most overplayed as well.
I can't seem to escape "the chain".

Honestly, I agree. It's not a masterpiece. It's just a decent album.

underrated

This is now classic rock, like it or not

fuk u meng

It wouldn't say any of these albums posted here are overrated, I love them all.

But I have to say that as far as classic rock goes Queen has never done anything for me, and some of their songs are even literally repulsive to me. And this is coming from someone who has been listening to the genre every day all my life.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was in the middle of a road trip with my pleb friends when Bohemian Rhapsody came on from the radio, what ensued was so horrible I'm lucky I didn't get a stroke.

It's the production man their popular songs sound bad and dated thanks to it.

Queen is fucking garbage.

>what ensued was so horrible I'm lucky I didn't get a stroke.
You mean your friends had fun while you sat there like an autist?

I'll be honest here, people go crazy hearing that song; I used to be alright with the song until it came on the radio while I was in the car with a friend, and he insisted on me doing the falsetto vocals during the 'MAGNIFICO' part. Then I just put in 'Remain in Light', an album he was unfamiliar with, so he would shut up

Funny how people take a comic relief song like Bohemian Rhapsody so seriously.

It was probably more the irritation of somebody going so crazed over what I think is an okay song

Dude you sound like such a little internet pussy

I mean the song is god awful so he's not wrong
It's probably the only song that I don't think I can ever let myself hear ever again. It's so overplayed and so annoying. And what makes it worse is I know every fucking word to it. Queen has some ok and a good tune or two, but Bohemian Rhapsody is the most vomit inducing song I've ever heard.

>tfw you will never have a bobby jean as your friend

youtube.com/watch?v=hWAkBrSEh3I

Lyrically it's a solid album, hometown stories and morality tales. Musically it sucks, same four bars over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. No wonder Max had a solo at the end of the title track, he probably was going out of his mind by that point.

i bet you listen to shoegaze