How long can superhero movies keep this trajectory of success?

Surely at some point, people are going to get tired of them, right? People got tired of the Fast & Furious franchise so they switched up the genre with the Rock.

As long as niggers and teenagers are the only ones going to the movie theaters.

Glad I stopped watching super hero cape shite years ago. It became stale few years back. If you actually cared about cinema you would have known this.

Marvel keeps making movies with different heroes that have the benefit of being unknown.

Last year, Antman was capeshit through the lens of a heist movie. Before that they did a full on scifi flick with GotG. This year they had a big schism with their staple of heroes AND are introducing a movie thats supposed to a mindfuck with a beloved actor, despite what Sup Forums thinks of Benedict Cucumbers. After that, they're finally headlining a female superhero movie.

They point is, they keep mixing it up enough that the mass audiences are interested. No, it can't last forever, but if they keep making solid, entertaining movies, they can keep going for a long time.

Also fuck you contrarians, Civil War was good.

they used cgi explosions? wtf even shin gojira used real ones, and people bash it

>People over the age of 18 actually watch and care about SUPERHERO flicks...

I think it's honestly got another 5 years left. After that we're gonna see some big time public backlash.

It will then be resurrected in 2030s.

After Thanos will give you an idea of the longevity of it. Every Marvel exec is cocky about this lasting forever but I guarantee you so many of those jews have their retirement and exit from the industry set to after the end of Thanos.

Look at their media output this year.

They're clearly setting up Thunderbolts post Thanos.

Most of these faggots here are underaged

If they were smart they would have never made Civil War and made that the entire next phase.

This is actually true
Just search any flavor of the month meem that gets spammed here on facebook/twitter/IG and you'll see

>if they were smart they never would have made the highest grossing movie of the year, one of the few critical darlings this summer and earned another billion before even selling
i love all the armchair analysts on this laotion photobucket

It's a shame that the moderation around here don't catch on and start banning those fucks

X-Men: Days of Future Past is pure kino tho.

It's more the franchise shitposting that's killing this board

>le DCcucks on suicide watch
>HOW WILL MARVELFAGS EVER RECOVER

etc

Given that kino seems to mean really bad but boomerangs to amazing, then yes.

My sides were in orbit when Magneto made the X with the steel beams.

oh they know but those are the same guys that get them lots of ad buxs so they don't care

do you have proof?

Get a load of this normie

>Also fuck you contrarians, Civil War was good.
I take it you're 15 and blue pilled. :^)

They blew their load on one high grossing movie when they could have had an entire high grossing phase after the main storyline ended. They could take every major event and easily turn it into one condensed high grossing movie but they will run out of good stories very fast if they keep doing this. Remember it's normies making these profitable not comic autists.

>Surely at some point, people are going to get tired of them, right?
i said this about zombies a few years ago...

It's just the modern equivalent of 80's cop movies. After 2020 it will die out.

This is a terrible idea.

Also Civil War in the comics was a shit story where the sole good thing about it is the concept behind the story. The movie is so much better than the comic, its hilarious that anyone but a shitposter would say otherwise.

And they are. The number of them has been steadily decreasing.

I don't get why this super hero shit upsets you guys. You act like this money would be spent making better movies. It would be spent making other stupid action movies for teenagers and children.

>It would be spent making other stupid action movies

Every so often, a big action movie is also actually good. For me, even if this happens with superhero movies I just don't give a shit.

It's a fantastic idea and could have worked. Now they have no major arc anyone will care about moving forward. Would have been the perfect segue after Thanos tears up earth.

>For me, even if this happens with superhero movies I just don't give a shit.
OK but that's arbitrary and stupid.

There's no way you can justify that.

Why does it look so bad. Isn't Disney worth billions of dollars?

Not really though. Just because you don't personally care, its not like others don't.

The Avengers are splintered now. It ended pretty dramatically.

And again, Phase 3 seems to be about world building. Dr. Strange, introducing Wakanda and Black Panther in CW, Captain Marvel, Antman & Wasp, Spider-man back in the fold which is the only actual teenage hero in the MCU, there's a lot of ways they could have fresh things in store for Phase 4.

Normies will not care after the Thanos arc especially if the main characters they grew up with aren't present. The whole splintering thing should have been the next phase of the main story after Thanos and perfectly explains why the big guys would have to sit out many of the movies due to the accords. Now they have a mess on their hands.

>normies had no idea who the GotG were
>they ate that shit up
>normies had no idea who Antman was
>they ate that shit up
Thanos has had, what, 10 minutes of screen time in the MCU despite appearing in 3 movies. Normies are not going to give a shit at all once he's been defeated.

Especially if Evans or RDJ are still around.

I'm just tired of seeing Spiderman rebooted

I'm talking when the planned phases end and all the fan favorite characters are played and start leaving. Ant-Man is a joke character he can't hold the marvel universe. Normies will not give a shit and be fatigued. There is nothing interesting left for normies to watch sorry.

Delusional

People care about Thanos because he's been so hyped.

Almost very single MCU movie up to this point has been leading to Thanos, every single infinity stone, all the space shit, even the thor comedy stuff that came out recently was hyping thanos in peoples minds by talking about the purple guy in the chair.

This is the reason the immediately post Thanos stuff will be the best judge of the longevity of Capeshit. Thanos is the end point of over a decade long series of films and corporate planning and they haven't set anything up to come after it properly.