Sportsball

Geek culture calls it “Sportsball.” Over the past few years I’ve noticed at the beginning of football season that the geek culture brings back this tired sportsball meme like a cheap used up whore. It’s the non-jock segment of geek culture (which is a very large percentage) that perpetuates this. It sounds something like this: “One squad has done something to please those attending the sportsball match.”
Okay, it has a bit of humor at first, but on further reflection it’s actually really fucking gay.

Ah, this definitely deserves its own thread...

yea it's pretty stupid and a tired joke. like I got the humor at first of a bunch of nerds just woefully ignorant and ironically using sports ball to show how lost and apathetic they are but when it became a polemic to show how above they are sports because of how stupid and pleb tier they find it is when they lost the plot.

all they do that was is come off as a bunch of smug beta males.

he's right you know

Nerds who appreciate skillful displays (in any field) that require extremely hard work and dedication to achieve aren't going to call it sports ball.

Nerds who use the term sportsball unironically are almost guaranteed to be disgustingly weak/out-of-shape/slothful. Their loss if they can't appreciate amazing feats of talent and skill.

I like my team and it's thrilling to place bets on sports since anything can happen at any given time.

If some faggy nu-male wants to waste their time being a condescending jackass online to people that like things they don't take an interest in then they can eat rocks for all I care.

Can't believe I used to be one of those people.
Today's 'nerds' and 'geeks' are the most cynical, unaware hypocrites.

They're honestly all horrible people on the inside as well. Selfish and manipulative.

>tfw into nerdy shit like anime and video games
>tfw can never find anyone into both sports and my other nerd hobbies
>mfw people i respected spout shit like this

I'm actually a genetically gifted chad type of football "geek". This guy in OPs pic is gay and melodramatic but pretty much right. Woke

Look in the south, or at least outside of heavily urbanized areas. You'll find plenty of nerdy hillbillies/mountain men who'll play Bloodbowl and whatnot because they love both

who cares

amazing how easily offended sports fans are

It always comes around during the Super Bowl especially, these faggots always have to let people know how above it all they are. These assholes are a drag to be around and as a result have very few friends.

this. they're mad they got bullied in highschool so they "take it out" on everybody else by being pretentious idiots always trying to outdo their faggot friends like it's the contrarian bowl

it's amazing how butthurt atheists are

I don't know a single person that hasn't taken offense to something at least once in their life, everybody gets triggered once in a while. As you said...who cares.

I used to think I was "too smart" for sports and religion too

fpbp

triggered doesn't mean offended

triggered is getting a PTSD

Fatman light desu.

These (((people))) are to be pitied, not scorned, but maybe trolled for the lulz from time to time.

I think you're taking my use of the word triggered a little too literally. I meant it in the sense that when someone gets on the defensive about a particular subject in a discussion and another person refers to them as triggered jokingly, nothing about that PTSD nonsense.

Actual PTSD isn't nonsense, user.

Right, but to associate being triggered over identity politics with PTSD is. That's what I mean by it.