Is netflix single handedly saving or ruining the television and film industry?

is netflix single handedly saving or ruining the television and film industry?
why did other websites like amazon or hulu not get as popular?

Netflix was first

Hulu has ads

Amazon has a horrible interface

Hulu has fucking commercials. That's why.

Netflix selection, although mediocre, is still better than Hulu or Amazon;s.

i work as a retention agent for DirecTV, every day i get around 12 saves and 7 disconnects due to all the streaming services.

only faggots who still keep tv are old fucks and ghetto people

it's saving my dick desu

My dad is old and ghetto and as soon as he found out he only needed internet to use my netflix he canceled cable and bought my old xbox off of me. When he canceled his cable package comcast tried to tell him there would be a penalty for going internet only, he told the customer service person to go fuck himself. Then spent another 2 hours on the phone bitching out 3 other people until he got a manager that comped 3 months of free internet. My dad's loud and mean as fuck.

>dad... bought my old xbox off of me

Why didn't you just give it to him? He's your dad.

>intrusive drm
>poor selection
>many films not even offered in HD on PC
>many films only offered in abysmal DVD source despite BD of the said films existing
>pandering to to normalfags who know nothing and care nothing about encode quality with "click and play"
>shit audio quality

Fuck that dude. He made me start buying my own groceries at 16 and never let me use his car. He's lucky I don't change the netflix password on him just for shits and gigs.

It's saving me a lot of money, that's for sure.

You could sub to all the streaming services and it would still be cheaper than cable. Hope you have a high data cap though.

>Fucking while watching a movie

Netflix is really only good now for cancelled tv shows, a few originals, and the random movies that stay on for less than six months. The rest is literally bargain-bin tier. Hulu is great for current tv shows as well as having the entire Criterion collection, and Amazon is starting to get good with their originals.

They're ruining it themselves with their ridiculous prices.

Why the fuck would anyone pay 70 bucks a month for cable when half the stations are the same or unwatchable?

This desu
>Netflix=normie
>Hulu=patrician
>Amazon=contrarian

>tfw I feel like the only millennial who has cable and prefers to rent DVDs and a build a huge collection

Hulu only seems to have dated DVD era transfers of Criterion films though.

And isn't criterion launching their own streaming service, and ditching hulu?

commercials ruins it though. and they make you turn off adblock so you can't even browse something in another window adless.

>they make you turn off adblock so you can't even browse something in another window adless.
You know you can turn off adblock for certain websites while still keeping it on for everyone else, right? Go to tools, adblock plus, and disable for the page, or add the site to the whitelist.

Yes, should be in November and includes other boutique labels and TCM. Should be amazing

Saving.

Amazon has a much better catalog than Netflix.

>why did other websites like amazon or hulu not get as popular?
Amazon and Hulu aren't constantly shilling on social media platforms, at least not to the excessive degree Netflix is.

>>many films only offered in abysmal DVD source despite BD of the said films existing
I see this on every streaming service, especially for films 25 years or older. The Runaway Train version on HBOGo is unwatchably dark and grainy, it looks like a VHS source

I'm surprised so few people have mentioned it

I pirate netflix material so dont really know what it's like to use but they seem to put out really strong content that's not hampered by stupid shit like network censorship or timeslot concerns

I have all 3.
And showbox

I use amazon prime - far superior to netflix

>TCM
Oh shit, I heard something about a TCM streaming service coming soon, but I didn't realize they were with criterion. That's worth the price.

Hulu removes the commercials if you pay a couple extra dollars.