>number of species of birds: between 9000 and 10000
>number of species of fish: about 28000
>number of species of reptiles: estimated 9500
>number of species of humans: 1

Lol, science.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will we admit that niggers and chinks and spics and honkeys are different fucking species?

I just waiting for my Fuhrer.

Humans are animals you dumb fuck

>a sparrow is not a hawk, but they're both birds?
>"well yes but they're different species of bird, with very different characteristics"

So then a nigger is a different species than a whitey, with different characteristics?

>THERE'S ONLY ONE SPECIES OF HUMAN YOU FUCKING RACIST

why?

>completely missed the point of my post

Enjoy school, summer

I'm not even trolling here, someone fucking tell me why I'm wrong

There is significantly greater different difference in genes between humans with crumbly ear wax and humans with greasy ear was than there is between humans with white skin and humans without white skin.

You people are fucking uneducated idiots, utterly fucking stupid. All of this knowledge is freely available to you, your phone is a fucking portal to the entire library of research conducted by the human race all through time, and yet you ignore is and talk about "niggers" like a bunch of addled children.

I swear to crap if you had a clue it would die of loneliness.

You're preaching to the choir kid, try tumblr if you want a reaction

Oh, sorry, now i get it. The other variants of Homo species are dead. They died long ago,so what's the problem?

OK fine so why don't we have different earwax human species? And why do all niggers have oily nasty ass ear wax?

If two different butterflies have different colored wings, most likely they're a different species? Why can't we admit the same is true of humans?

Oh my jesus god, stop pretending you give a shit about this. If you gave any sort of a rats ass about this at all you wouldn't be asking that question in this racist cesspit.

I'm still right tho

Birds, fish, reptiles are classes of species. Humans are one species, they belong to the class of _mammals_.

The word bird refers to a collection of different species, the word human refers to exactly one species.

Does it make sense yet?

So you're telling me that these people have no obvious differences and are all the same type of the same species?

> classes
Linnean taxonomy is so last millennium.

Is this a copypasta or you're just retarded?

Species aren't defined by superficial characteristics. Deer have antlers in one season, but lose them the next. Male robins have bright red breasts, but female robins are dull brown. Giraffes have all kinds of different spot patterns.

That said, you could make an argument that humans are overly lumped (not just one species, but one subspecies), compared to the great cats for instance. But not because of hair and skin color.

Read what I wrote again, I am not telling you that different people are not different. I am explaining to you what the word "bird" refers to and to what the word "human" refers to.

Here is a wikipedia link to further help you understand what words mean en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

I won't be looking into this thread again. I encourage you to look at what people that know what they are talking about say, you don't have any idea about biology.

Bugs = million species
Fish = 30k
Birds = 10k
Reptile = just under 10k
Mammalian general = 5k
Mammalian upper = apes and humans (maybe dolphins)
Least advanced more species
^
|
|
|
|
|
v
Most advanced least species

Bugs are not advanced have tons of species

Humans are super advanced ( only a few species [ Indo African, scandinavian, jungle people])

Because the only difference is skin color stupid

it should be number of species of primates, idiot.

Wrong.jpg

Then please list the differences
>dont post that fucking iq distro chart
all that says is how much the kid cared about taking it
And im sure that was the only point you had

You probably don't realize it, but you're arguing for Creationism. Because the whole idea of the ladder of life with primitive species at the bottom and humanity at the top was a Creationist reaction to Darwin, trying to fit the new theory of evolution into a framework that puts humans above the animals.

In reality, evolution is a hydra that spreads in all directions. Crocodiles, for instance, have more advanced hearts than we do. Tuna are warm blooded, despite being fish. Octopuses are pretty damn smart. Humans really are exceptional, but it's not because we're the most recent and things always get more complex and more advanced.

Can two people of different races breed and have viable offspring? Yes.

Can an eagle and a dove breed and have viable offspring? No.

Truth.

Kingdom-Phylum-Class-Order-Family-Genus-Species

Homo Sapien is Homo Sapien regardless of skin color/Hair Color/Eye Color/etc.

Not him, but I'll start an answer:
>massive variations in skull structure between one 'race' and another
>whole hosts of 'race' specific illnesses (sickle cell for starters)

Did I say we're at the top? Theirs probably like millions out in space better than humans. We're just like number 3 here on Earth. I think chimpanzees and ghosts are above us

>chimps
>ghosts
If you'd've said dolphins or whales, I'd have at least taken you seriously.

But whales are aliens right?

Has anyone ever TRIED to breed a doveagle?

I mean, this is just outright assumption.

You're talking about more and less advanced animals, and putting them in a ladder. That's not how it works.

Star Trek IV was not a documentary, & they weren't even aliens in that. They only communicated with them.

Look up the "species problem". While fertile offspring is one way to define a species, there are literally dozens of other ways.

It's the 21st century, learn cladistics.

Holy shit so many stupid fags, if two fuck and have babies, and than the babies grow and can fucks with babies with the same kind of parents as the first one, and the the two grown babies have babies, than the firs two animals said above are in the same species. FACT

You're retarded. Humans are mammals. You're comparing a species to a group that contains many species. It would be like if I said there were 100000 planes, 100000000 cars, and 1 of The Titanic. You're a fucking moron.

>than the babies grow and can fucks with babies.

You are a special kind of retard aren't you? also MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

> learned one thing
> thinks it applies in all cases
> doesn't realize it's a complex issue with many different interpretations

So retarded, thankfully people have taken the time to explain why you're wrong.

>Science have different interpretations
k

Defining species as groups that are capable of begetting fertile offspring doesn't account for asexual species, ring species, or the vast number of fertile inter-species hybrids, and doesn't work on extinct species. Look up the "species problem". There are currently 23 accepted definitions of "species". In reality, the definition of a species is fairly arbitrary, and based on conventions, which vary depending on the field -- 500 species of oak tree in a single genera would have been split into many general nearly anywhere else in the tree of life, for instance.

You're not just an idiot, you're an idiot who doesn't realize you're an idiot.

Ok you can argue forever about classifications, ultimately any system of classification in biology (e.g. a species) is just humans trying to label things in biology to make them easier to understand.

Nothing in biology exists in such defined categories, there are continuous spectrums and therefore any method of classification is flawed in some way. You can define a species in so many different ways, and so whether two organisms are the same species or not just depends how you're classifying them.

Either way it doesn't matter, I don't think it's racist to say people of different ethnicity are different species anyway.

But given the most common ways in which humans have chosen to define a species, we would be considered all the same species.