>He doesn't know proto-slavic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SqK7XXvfiXs
youtu.be/Wnfo2WQdc8g
youtu.be/093s4htI7_I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgw0jeu_-c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUN FACT
THE WORD KURWA COMES FROM PROTO-SLAVIC *къpвъa WHICH WAS A WORD FOR.....GUESS.....FEMALE DOG
*pic of Paul with his dog Micky shows on screen*

I know 120 Slavic languages.

>From Proto-Slavic *kury, from Proto-Indo-European *keh2ros (“loved”), from *keh2-. Cognate with Latin cārus, Latvian kārs.

Neutral or endearing expressions can attain a derogative meaning as they lose currency, it seems. Also, we write and pronounce it kurba.

Are you kidding, I can't even speak Croatian.

explain this meme to me right this fucking moment

*derogatory

posting probably the only older Slavic text I can understand

>czech and slovak are one language
>slovenian, serbian, croatian, bosnian, macedonian and montenegrin are 6 separate languages
>russian and belarussian are different languages
that pic is just so wrong

Slovenian and Croatian are further apart than Czech and Slovak.

>he hasn't mastered proto-indoeuropean languages
youtu.be/SqK7XXvfiXs

>"reconstructed" "languages"
Thanks, but I have better science fiction stories on my bookshelf

The only slavic language worth knowing is russian.

DID YOU KNOW RUSSIAN EVOLVED FROM PROTO-BALTOSLAVIC?

>12

Female dog is Suka. Blyat.

*psica

>92%
>different language

95% is enough for a language to be considered different. Belorussian and Ukrainian are most certainly different from each other in plenty of ways

> R is a vowel
> L is a vowel
Why are Slavs so weird?

in places that have nothing to prove, it's called a regional dialect.

This happens only in souther slavic languages, especially Croatian; there's no such thing in Polish or Russian

we have 85% with Polish and i can understand only about 30% of it when slow spoken, more when written. Point is that if you learn Slovak/Czech you wont neccesarily be able to understand the other one, also heavily depends on which dialect you learn, Slovakia itself has like 20+

not real languages though. both are dialects of russian. also, belarussian is more dead than alive.

I was reading 2 programming courses, one in Czech, one in Slovak
I didn't have to use translator
Only word I didn't recognize was "uhel", or sth like that, meaning "angle"

>Slavic """""" languages"""""""
More like Slavic dialects

Dialects of the Polish language

Don't be so harsh on yourself, Polan.
Aren't there tons of rare spicy memes on your forums for curious zagraniczniks to discover?
Or I could watch that soap opera, who's long-time actor died recently.

Do you actually have the official polish language or west poland speaks german since they were German?

If you told me to translate uhel, I would have said 'ear' (uhelj). But I can see the connection with my language as uhel -> ogel -> vogal (Slovenian), or more straightforwardly with ugao (S-C).

I really should start learning Czech, it'd be so easy to understand.

Polish is indeed a pidgin of German, Latin and Slavic words. I think it must be the Slavic language with the least amount of vocabulary from Slavic root words.

>american education

ayyy lmao

ameribear material

>giving Americans (You)s

We don't have much German vocabulary in Polish, even French is more significant (well, it also depends where you live, Silesians are pretty krauted, and have their own language, the same with Kashubs)
We have many Latin loanwords, but I though that every european language does
Also, actually Russian is probably slavic language with the most of words of foreign origin

Why learn Slavic languages when Romance languages are both better and easier?

These are very complicated maps you guys are confusing me with all those arrows. Wasn't Poland part of the Austrian empire when Germany ruled them (before WW1)?

slavs are future

Hello where are the vowels

>russian closer to polish than ukrainian
meme graph

It also happens in Sanskrit

>Serbian is closer to Russian than Belorussian is
this one belongs to the trash too tbqh

what, Russian has 86% with Ukrainian on the graph

>I think it must be the Slavic language with the least amount of vocabulary from Slavic root words
>mfw in reality it's actually the other way round and it's Lechitic that preserved the most archaic Indo-Slavic word roots

>I think it must be the Slavic language with the least amount of vocabulary from Slavic root words.
That'd be Portuguese

>silesian, kashubian
>language
pic one

Well they were just one language about a thousand years ago, then the Bulgarian dialect got standardized into Old Church Slavonic.

pretty sure that by the time Bulgars created Cyrillic there were already big (relatively) distinctintions between Slavs

how do you deal with so much linguistic disparity over such smol countries? we can go to any english speaking part of the world thousands of miles away and understand people easily unless they're scots

deal with what? we rarely interact with each other

I seriously hope you guys bury your relatives like this, the important part is the bell shaped container at the top!

>twf native in Russian and know Polish a bit

Also Belarussian is very underrated. It's de facto, a Russian 2.0 which even has a nice latin alphabet.

Might be hard for you to determine, but which is more difficult, Polish or Russian?

In big cities Russian is the same in Russian.
Ukrainians and belarussians have a different accent in their Russian, especially Ukrainians.
Far East/Syberian Russian has accent too, but a lot weaker.
Ukrainian and Belarusian languages are different a bit, and it's better to know Polish to understand them.
Polish sounds like an ancient and more brutal Ukrainian.
You can understand it only if you know a basics.

Polish is harder in grammar, but in Russian you have working a lot on pronunciation if you wanna be fluent.

Some post-soviet people still has a perfect Russian, even if they are non-slavs.

Example (subs are aviable):
youtu.be/Wnfo2WQdc8g

It seems that he (the left guy, singer) isn't native, but his pronunciation is just perfect, so I'm even not sure and won't surprise if he is.

*The RIGHT guy

Also, he is speaking Turkish

youtu.be/093s4htI7_I

It's just insane, it seems he can speak four languages include the native one

>Polish is harder in grammar,
I'd disagree. Even though Russian endings are generally more predictable, you still have to deal with stress varying in different forms of one word, which can't be a problem in Polish for the obvious reason.

Both are equally difficult, Polish has one case more (the vocative case) and several more verb inflections (like eg. Russians don't differentiate genders of past plural verbs, while we do it, since "they stood" in Russian is "oni/one stali", while in Polish it's "oni stali" vs "one stały". On the other hand Russian has moving accent and sometimes it changes meaning of words, eg. "muka" may mean "flour" or "torment" depending on which vowel is accented in this word. Also reading is harder in Russian because unstressed "o" becomes almost like "a" - you write "moloko", but you read it like "malako".

4 of those are the same language :^)

>croatian
>language

Isn't there different dialects in Serbo-Croatian though? If they're different enough I guess you could call it a language. Like how Belarusian is considered separate from Russian.
I may just be talking out of my ass though. My knowledge of Slav languages is just a handful of Russian words and insults.

>English is closer to French than to Swedish
hon hon hon

redpill: there are only three Slavic languages, Russian, Polish, and Serbian. everything else is a dialect or combination of dialects of those three.

pic unrelated

>russian and belarussian are different languages
Yes it is

>Vse ľudi roždajutsa svobodnymi i ravnymi v svojom dostoinstvě i pravach. Oni naděľeny razumom i sověsťju i dolžny postupať v otnošenii drug druga v duche bratstva.
>Use ludzi naradžajucca volnymi i roŭnymi ŭ svajoj hodnaści i pravoch. Jany nadzieleny rozumam i sumleńniem i pavinny stavicca adzin da adnaho ŭ duchu braterstva.

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

>implying Macedonian isn't a dialect of Bulgarian

So what's the answer here?

>slavic

I don't waste my time learning languages spoken by inbreds

>not speaking indo-tagalog

>not speaking proto-Whulshootseed

R and L are consonants. However, they can be syllabic consaonants.

how come you speak English then?

Damn czech bro, you're burning hot.

t. indo-slav

i never got why non-russian slavic languages sound so gay especially czech

literally sounds like gay russian

>i never got why non-russian slavic languages sound so gay especially czech
Serbo-Croatian sounds fine to me

Načto mi trěba 12 językov, ako sę mogų dorazuměvati s vsimi slovjanami jednim - medžuslovjanskim?

Rzeczywiście wszystko jest do zrozumienia. Ale co to kurwa jest medżusłowiański?

>TFW other indo-european languages are dead
>No thraco-dacian
>Illyrian only has Albania left
>Celtic nearly wiped out
>other native Italian languages replaced with Latin descendents
fuckin Slavs and latins

>Slavs
>having a future

To kurva jest język, koj językoznavci stvorili, že by slovjani mogli sę komfortno jedin drugogo dojebyvati

t. Radovan Amerikanevich

t. Varg

Well, Celts were mostly removed by you, GERManics.

Not that Pole, but I have to agree - Interslavic really works. Maybe it's easier for me, because I can read several Slavic languages - I'm curious if it works for Slavs who speak only their native language.

yes, i can understand the made-up Slavic languages easily... but we could just get back to old church slavonic. i don't understand the grammar but I recognise the words. western slavs might not understand some words, but the grammar will be easier for them. just have to find a good way to type it in latin, cause the transliteration i've seen is shit

Russian sounds even worse.

Like a boy imitating adult voice. It sounds insecure and trying to hard to be manly.

>I'm curious if it works for Slavs who speak only their native language.
To napvavdų robi. Ja izpytyval medžuslovjanski na svojej babici, i ona svobodno pročitala tekst na nim.

>he doesn't speak proto-hominid sapiens
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgw0jeu_-c

Omŕtvěl ponovno tred

I speak standard Slovene, Carniolan, standard Upper Carniolan, Northern Upper Carniolan and Central Upper Carniolan and that's all I need.

wrong

It works for me enough to get the gist of it and my polish isn't great

Narěčja ne su jezykami, glupy slovenec

>narečja

>NAREČJA

>izkrivleny izgovor i nemnogo iny slovosbor, nadynany susednymi jezykami
Da, je to narěčja i ne vyše

Srednji slovanski jeziki >>>>>>>> vzhodni slovanski """""jeziki"""""

Ako narěčja slovenščiny zaisto je tako dobry, začto ih bez malogo nikto ne korista i ne raziskiva? Mmm?