Does the Italian government get a cut of the revenue that the Vatican City generates from tourists visiting it's...

Does the Italian government get a cut of the revenue that the Vatican City generates from tourists visiting it's musuems, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

icostidellachiesa.it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>taxing Jesus

not even shitalians are this dumb

no, not directly
we don't even tax churches

your "country" is not entitled to speak

All of Rome belongs to the Pope.

>implying Shitaly is real country

as real as Germany

Because a slovenian tell us which countrys are shit or real. Stfu.

go suck a packi cock, nigger

because czecoslovakia tells us who needs to suck a cock

do you kind of feel cucked?

the saudis make a fortune from tourists visiting the kaaba

came with the israelis having pilgrams visit the holy sites there

I'm fairly sure Italian hotels and businesses get a nice slice of their massive tourism revenue each year.

they profit indirectly while the saudis and israelis profit directly

the difference can be large

the church should pay taxes

The Vatican is beneficial for Rome because it attracts tourists, we don't need to "tax" them, it's a bit like the english monarchy, in the end it's a net benefit for the romans

The church tax is a different issue

hmmmm.....

Tourists spend very little money in the Vatican compared to the rest of Rome, it's basically a museum

what? I think many people think the church should not be exempt from taxes

Different issue, we're talking about Vatican city not the Catholic Church

the pope should shut the fuck up about immigrants and everything else that concerns our politics and society, the guy is a massive fucking nuisance for us, AND they don't even pay taxes, fucking leech scumbags all of them.

t. 13 yo edgelord

pope is only intelligent person in 50km radius in i*aly

The church has an immense estate capital that is tax exempt, from time to time there is someone who propose to end this privilege but nothing happens

wahey nice argument

Yes OP, in the sense that the Vatican is a landlocked state contained entirely within an important world city, which international travelers must inevitably pass through, one way or the other, in order to reach the Vatican itself.

The person whose express purpose is to visit the Vatican, will inevitably pass through and consequently spend money in Italy. whether going to touch down in a plane somewhere in Italy, and/or book a hotel room somewhere in Italy or Rome, and buy waters/food/etc. Just because you might get some stamps and buy a book or something in the Vatican city state itself does not mean that you won't obviously be spending money in Italy, somehow, someway, which will be true for, oh, say 99% of tourists of the Vatican.

So yeah, Italy gets a big cut of the tourism dollars, and probably most of it (air/land travel, lodging, food etc).

NOW, if the Vatican had a sovereign coastlien and/or its own infrastructure to receive tourists, that would change things significantly. But the Vatican has no such meaningful infrastructure. It /can't/, by the simple fact of how tiny it is.

Nah, if anything it's the Italian state that gives fucking millions to the Catholic Church, both directly and indirectly

t. Archbishop

icostidellachiesa.it/
This is the amount the Vatican takes from Italy every year

should be 3x more you nonwhite subhumans need to pay tribute to the white man pope

>we don't even tax churches

Tell me about it. There is a reason as to why both popes past John Paul II regularly pat us on the head.

nice proxy argentina

>should be 3x more you nonwhite subhumans need to pay tribute to the white man pope

Nigger, this kind of shit in the not-that-long run will be the death of catholic church in all the remaining non-dechristianized European states.

Our churches were already halfway empty and Polish catholic church decided to play it va banque by sucking up to our current and thoroughly retarded government, thus setting the stage for downfall of christianity in Poland.

like 95% of popes have been italian

explains catholic church going to absolute shit

Been there. Can confirm. Inside the Vatican itself you won't go buying stuff and the like.

Meanwhile, you need to rent a bed in Italy, to eat in Italy, to pay italian transport and to deal with the chinese and muslim people in Italy.

american stating the fucking obvious and acting like he's made a groundbreaking post that nobody thought of, while also missing the question of the thread

hilarious

But it's only recently (i.e. when the Catholic Church has been going to shit) that suddenly we've been having non-Italian popes (3 in a row)

>But it's only recently
>when the Catholic Church has been going to shit

Catholic church began crumbling to dust as soon as it decided to play favourites within divided societies of XXc Europe. Three non-italian popes is a last resort to try and fool people into clinging some more to the institution.

You could argue that the roots of its demise go back, but fact of the matter is that the actual death of the Church in Europe coincides pretty well with the arrival of non-Italian popes.

Also, if you're going to argue for a historical root cause for its demise, I'd say the 19th century (because of the industrial revolution, the 1848 revolutions, and the advent of nationalism, including Italian nationalism which was quite anti-papal) is a much better choice than the 20th century.

I haven't missed anything at all, OP, since you're the OP and all. Your defensiveness suggests that you overlooked some or all of what I said, and yes, the valid common sense of what I've said has flustered you, forcing you to do your defensive act.

You want to phrase a /technical/ question of some kind: you want to save your OP by somehow insisting "but guuuyyyys what about if the Vatican actually directly pays x% from each Sistene Chapel ticket to Italy" or something, without having really done your own research, since you are the OP. Frankly, I don't see why they would, otherwise what's the point of sovereignty? But perhaps they do, here and there. My point is that where tourism is concerned, your thing is moot, and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten defensive just now. But if you want to persist about the autistic minutae, then get gud with Italian and latin, and read the local news.

Apart from tourism are money laundering issues, corruption, sovereignty and so on. look up Peter's Pence and the Lateran Treaty as basic research items for papal finance.

I give you credit, as a Canadian, for finding it within yourself to be rude, however. Well done.

>coincides pretty well with the arrival of non-Italian popes.

Still, that might rather be an attempt to solidify not yet lost territory.

Back when catholic church was still strong, Pope limited his interaction with our church to telling us how we should love emperors that were busy assraping our kind throughout XIXc. It was only late in the Cold War when Church noticed how secularisation happened to speed up that Polack pope had been appointed - we were suddenly one of the few remaining strongly catholic states.

the arrogance of this cunt

>when the OP is cornered on every single level, factual and rhetorical, and when his opponent even guessed correctly about him, and the OP damn well knows it down to every detail

:D

i didn't read your post, why would you expect me to?

every poster before you understood that indirect contribution to the italian economy went without saying, and that the question was about the revenue generated in the vatican being shared with the italian government or not

sorry not everyone is autistic as you are dumb cunt

>you're not allowed to have an opinion on the world as the leader of the largest denomination of the largest religion in the world

autism

I've never seen so little said in so many words

Everyone, that is, except for the OP.

You call me autistic, yet the OP is the one who is really asking the pedantic, ultimately irrelevant, academic and silly question. Yet he's not even pedantic and autistic enough (like me) to do his own basic research on his own question.