Redpill me on soccer. How is it the most popular sport in the world?

Redpill me on soccer. How is it the most popular sport in the world?

Pic related, Google tells me he's the GOAT.

The best sports are simple in nature. That's why its the most popular sport on the planet.

TSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

cheap as hell. very easy to get into. simple rules. britbong influence maybe.

It's not decided by a fucking coin toss.

>Google tells me he's the GOAT

wtf i love google now

too many variables in the game meaning shithouse teams can occasionally beat a top side, hence more hope from support and more entertainment.

the ability to use a ball with feet is generally much more impressive that sports where you use your hands i.e basketball etc.

Somehow it became a surrogate for nationalism or regionalism after both World Wars. And it has always been one of the cheapest sports to play. That's how the working class joined in.

it's objectively the best sport, simple as that.

Yeah because it's usually decided by pk's. Which is worse.

>usually

Man this is a terrible answer. You aren't even sure why you like it.

PK's only happen during tournaments and cup games and even then, it doesn't happen that frequently. Stop exaggerating amerifag.

Soccer leagues actually matter.

More games are decided by PK's than games in the NFL go into overtime.

google misled you

The difference is that when you shoot the penalties, both teams get their chance. Can't say the same about the Falcucks yesterday.

No, it's not. Also, at least the whole 30 minutes of extra time is played before it gets to PK's, and it's harder to predict the results of a PK than a fucking coin flip.

Oh yeah you right. Ties are a great way to waste everyone's time.

>Depending on the role/position pretty much every bodytype can play, you dont need to be a lanklet like in basket or big like handegg and rugby, in some positions you dont need to be very fast either.
>Relatively simple rules
>Cheap to play, can be played pretty much everywhere
>has a good mixture of skills and physical attributes

>a literal 50/50 random event is somehow more luck-reliant than a mini-game that involves at least some skill

Literally every other sport in the world has sudden death for a reason, why doesn't handegg just do the same?

Soccer and Eurocucks ruined Sup Forums, fight me faggots.

Football is literally the only good part of Sup Forums now. Amerifats have infected their sports discussion with politics.

It's very rare a team gets into overtime and scores a TD on the first possession. Since the rule has been in place I may have seen it twice. It's not easy to score. The Patriots were just playing to good at that moment. Falcons couldn't do shit and you know they didn't deserve that win.

Sup Forums was ruined when nazi mods took over. Stop your whining.

It's not about how hard it is, it's about having equal possibilities

It just is.

Why is it so hard for Americans to accept this fact?

If anything, you should be asking why it isn't the most popular sport in the US.
You are the hipsters globally in this situation, meaning you do something that is considered "weird"/unusual (not having football/soccer as your national sport) by world standards, so you should be explaining yourselves why that is.

That's like, your opinion man. It disgusts me to see like 8/10 threads are about poverty kick or other gay futbol threads. Kill yourselves.

>team sport
>huge variety of ways to score (header, tap-in, blooter, fk, penalty, bycicle kick, lobbing the keeper, back-heel, etc.)
>fairly unpredictable
>perfect balance of tactics, skill, strength and stamina
>not many interruptions
>typical movie-length counting the 15 break at halftime
>very accessible (don't need a fucking armour pack)

That's like just your opinion m8

>i'd rather see fliping coins

That's retarded
A divegrass team plays in between 30 and 50 games per season and there is just a few of them who can go into pk.

>Americuck is a cancerous frog poster

You can fuck off back to your website reddittor

hurr durr Football cannot be the most popular sport in the world cuz we didn't invented it hurr durr durrrrrrr

eat shit

Nice proxy, Eurocuck. The only sports that matter are Football and Basketball. Everything else is just basically a shitpost.

I think the major reason behind it's popularity is the fact that you only need a ball to play. Fuck, even poverty stricken kids use anything that slightly resembles a ball.

If you enjoy playing it, you're probably going to follow the professional level and there are so many tiers to football in every country it's almost unavoidable.

Spectators keep their interest in football due to the amount of variables making it unpredictable. Plus the history of the game has lead to passionate connections between fans and clubs, with the game having a significant impact on cultures around the world. The sport has literally changed the world.

forgot:
>every goal matters

as opposed to basketball where 90% of the points scored are banal, fans don't even pay attention until the 4th quarter

Nothing more exciting than watching grown men pass a ball back and forth in between falling down when somebody gets too close to them.

Boy, I sure do love the thrill of a tie or winning on aggregate. I mean, nothing says victory better than a 0-0 game where the winner is decided by who scored more goals during the last game. That's true fairness.

>niggercrash and apehoop

>Americucks

Imagine having a whole section of your computer dedicated to these frog pictures and then have the nerve to act superior in any way.

Cheap thrills.

Simple to play, understand, get into and aesthetic as fuck.

It just looks, sounds and feels right.

How's et it does not happen really often, even in Ligue 1. But I agree football can be quite boring sometimes.

>dude xD you're a frogposter xD your opinion is invalid.
Don't forget to eat your semen rations, Nigel.

How is that unfair? Whoever scores the most wins, right?

And who enjoys the thrill of having to watch the last 34 seconds of a games for 34 minutes?

I love football, basketball and American football but the last two really drag it out. When I go to the NFL games at Wembley, there no problem going to get a beer or whatever during the game whereas I have never done that during a football game.

>ameriadhds need constant stimulation

No wonder your shit sports are jewish

While the away goals rule is retarded and needs to be changed, it's only used in the Champions League and Europa League. And that's because the teams are in different countries most of the time, so having home support is a huge advantage. And the final of those competitions are decided in a single match.

Also with the way that the football leagues work here, each team plays each other twice. Having a points system where you award different points for a win, draw and loss is objectively the best way to determine which team is the best in the league.

You'd have replied faster if you didn't have to scroll through your frog folder to pick a "funny" image.

There shouldn't have been a coin toss because the pats beat the falcons the last time the two teams met before the super bowl.

They should've just won on aggregate. That's the fair way to handle a tie.

coin toss obviously worse.

>make thread about football
>there is this one obsessed american

it's always both

> a literal coin toss
> worse than a duel between a goalkeeper and a striker
> which is followed by switching the teams so that both goalkeepers get the chance to win the game

I stopped trying to distinguish trolls from retards on Sup Forums long ago.

Easy to play, easy to understand.

Merrican sports are too complicated.

still better than

>actual action
>commercials
>commercials
>movie trailers
>commercials
>commercials
>commercials
>movie trailers
>actual action
>commercials
>commercials
>fucking music concert
>commercials
>commercials
>coin toss

>bait

Redpill me on american football. How is it the most popular sport in the US?

Pic related, is the pie chart of last night's superbowl.

Please stop embarrassing the flag

This

one phrase that I kept reading today :
> unanswered points.

I dont even want to know what that means. merifags idea about 'sports' is disgusting. It's just a bunch of guys playing catch for fucks sake.

Here's a (You)

and genetics don't come into play at all like they do in say basketball

you can be a manlet and still dominate the sport

Easily accessible you can play in literally every setting with only a ball and sometimes you don't even need that. Simple rules and fun to play

>fairly unpredictable
This is false. Soccer is pretty predictable

This is dumb. Every basket counts equal. The shots near the end wouldn't matter without the shots prior. Basketball just has incremental increases throughout the game because that's the sports nature where soccer has large incremental increases. There's nothing wrong with either

anyone can play it
people with next to no athleticism
children, women
the poverty stricken
you can be weak and a manlet

Are you >implying that height is the only trait determined by genes? Is this the power of American education?

das rite, we first gon take ur wymmen, and then all ur boards f4m

Why are so many Britons obsessed with the USA? lol

Yes they unironically think that. I watched a few burger ESPN videos once and the journos said the US is not the best at soccer because their athletes are playing basketball, kek.

Access.

that's it.

much of the world is poor. for soccer, all you need is a ball. you can use whatever you want as a goal, you ONLY need a ball (or any round object, or any object really).

>How is it the most popular sport in the world?
You don't need to spend too much on equipment to pratice. Virtually any kid that can kick around an object on the ground can grow into a champion.

You don't need a specific body type or whatever other genetic features to compete even at the highest level. It's a game of skill whose players come from all nations and classes, and in all shapes and sizes.

The rules are simple and the same everywhere, so even differences of player literacy and education level or geography aren't a factor either. Barring the hottest seasons, there are always competitions going on.

Now, in strategy and tactics, the player market, contracts, sponsorships, betting, journalism and outright espionage... is where it gets complicated, you can see that this sport is an economic force, and why the fans have always something to talk about, all year long.

Everybody follows this sport because every man can play, whenever, wherever, so the legends that make the history books are selected from an immense, immense talent pool that involves the whole world.

Like other team sports, it pits one side against the other. Unlike other team sports, it is a way to unite all mankind.

In many other sports, genetics plays a huge role. If you're not a certain height size then you'll pretty much never make it in a lot of sports. With football, pretty much anyone can play. Tall, strong people can be pretty good target men as strikers or they can be defenders that can win aerial challenges. Short people tend to be better dribblers because of their low centre of gravity. And team sports are generally more popular than individual sports because the average person generally finds it easier to get behind a team that remains throughout their life, rather than an individual athlete who will eventually stop playing.

>so the legends that make the history books are selected from an immense, immense talent pool that involves the whole world.

Yup, that's why the NFL or the baseball "world" series will never have the same respect because it's just 2 countries playing.

Well, there are some baseball players from Asia in the MLB.

The NFL would improve massively if American football was a thing in, say, Africa. There have to be more than plenty of freak athletes down there, more than suitable to play in your favorite team's defense and receiving corps, if only there were someone to teach them the game...

>How is it the most popular sport in the world?

It's really fun to play if you're good at it

scoring a game winning goal is the GOAT feeling

That was literally the first time a Super Bowl went to OT

Third world loves it.

Yeah, no.

Africans already like football much more than other stuff, the fact that there's so much poverty over there helps too. A friend of mine told me that his dad would see a lot of kids and grown ups playing football during the peace keeping missions, sometimes they would bring balls as presents to the people there since of course they don't have many.

You need to get them armor if you want them to play, also the sport is convoluted and boring so people don't normally enjoy it, you stand there more than you get to play. Burgers love it because they're into that whole military thing that handegg emulates, they have a weird gun culture that goes back to muh cowboys but the rest of the world is not interested in that.

Baseball is incredibly popular in the Hispanic Caribbean, Japan and canada

TFW their sport is so shit even the fans cant watch it for longer than 15 minutes xd

Cheap and easy to play, straightforward, and an anglo sport (broadest sphere of influence pretty much ever)

guys of most sizes and level of athleticism can play too

It's a fucking retarded sport that kills its athletes with concussions because the gorillas that play it don't realize tackling above the chest is dangerous.

Rugby is a far superior sport and I'm glad it's gaining popularity in Midwest colleges

Rugby is so retarded that not even the refs know the rules.

Shame anglos suck at it so bad

Rugby league has the worst refs I've ever seen

>HE SCORED A TRY I BETTER CHECK WITH THE VIDEO REF

Exactly why it's good, though. Weak manlet Iniesta, through sheer skill, is rated higher than 6'3" Pogba. This accessibility = larger talent pool to choose from than just large muscular guys, meaning higher competitiveness.

Jack of all trades, master of none

it's pretty funny how much they've laid the groundwork for but not emerged as exceptional at

>you can be a manlet and still dominate the sport
Which is pretty much what Messi is doing.

I love it honestly, anyone can carve out their niche by maxing what they're best at

Cricket has been dominated by Australians and the English desu

Same goes for rugby

When we didn't have a football at school we played football with a tennis ball

When we didn't have a tennis ball we used a filled water bottle

When we didn't have a bottle we used screwed up paper

When we didn't even have that we used a rock

EVERY version was fun as fuck

>England is a third world country

I knew it f a m

No we were just idiots that kept losing the balls

>not playing with a basketball

Soft cunt

Man I like both Handegg and PovertyKick, whats wrong with you faggots that you have to piss on someone esles entertainment choices

Why the fuck would we have a basketball you nonce

There is a a fantastic meme every season in soccer.

To chuck at the pakis in year 7

English rugby? Not union

>pakis

lmao you cockney prick

tf
tp

>but the rest of the world is not interested in that.

The country which a much higher homicide rate than the US has spoken