I'm a poorfag that can't afford a real firearm or the training/licensing/bullshit that comes with the legal ownership...

I'm a poorfag that can't afford a real firearm or the training/licensing/bullshit that comes with the legal ownership of one. Also can't afford a taser.
Am I fucking stupid in considering the purchase of an automatic airsoft gun as a means of home defense?
I live by myself in a small one bedroom apartment. As of right now, my only means of self-defense is a knife. These days, that's essentially the exact same thing as having no means of self-defense whatsoever.
Frankly, I just need something that can disorient someone who breaks into my apartment long enough for me to gtfo.
Please advise.

If you can afford an airsoft gun, you can buy a shitty $130 High Point .45 pistol.

BB's don't stop criminals. Hollow Points do.

For $100 you could find a single-shot 12 gauge shotgun at a fuckin pawn shop. Don't be stupid.

If $130 were all it takes, then that would be the way to go. But again, i cant afford the training or licensing that comes with it. I have zero firearm experience

You don't need training, just go to a gun range and have a range officer help you out. They do that shit for free. Licenses depend on where you live. Honestly the knife is better than a airsoft gun

tie the knife to a stick, in such close quartiers a spear should do.

Your better off with a baseball bat

If you're interest really is strictly home defense, a shotgun is your best bet. You don't need a license in most jurisdictions for long guns.

Why dont you just get it over with and buy a gag ball and some Vaseline for when the burglar comes

Didn't know that. I always thought that if you own a gun and ever intend to use it, regardless of purpose, you need to be licensed. I'll look into that.

Buy the horse dildo from Bad Dragon. You'll have to learn quickly how to fight off an intruder or you're going to be fucked in multiple ways.

Bonus, you'll get to be known as the guy that fought off an intruder with a horse dildo.

Hmm well if youre really concerned, what state do you live in? If you live in a state like Florida you can simply make a couple 1 shot pipe shotguns for under $30 then just have a few ready at all times. The good part about it is if you load it with buck shot you just point it in their general direction and go for it

Shotgun. Why would you get an airsoft gun for home defense? Makes no sense. A 12g shotty can be bought for the same $$ as that silly airsoft gun. The shotgun is perfect because the the action sound...great at making an intruder think twice without even firing. Heaven forbid they still attempt to get you but they'll be in hell about .5 seconds after you click that trigger if they're in a small apartment with you.

Or just get a confetti cannon and bumrush the dude

>Be me
>Just finished a 50 minute drive to my local airsoft field
>Realize I still need some water so I head up to walmart
>See fucking confetti cannons
>Buy 3 and bring on onto the field
>Ref just looks at me and nods
>Bumrush behind enemy lines managing to get there un-noticed
>Hide in a 6x8 building with 2 doors
>Get spotted because enemy turns around
>Ohshit.jpg
>Sprint out the second door and get faced with 3 enemies just chatting on their way to the AO
>Blast them full of confetti
>Rush them with a rubber knife
>Kill all 3
>Get shot by original enemy who spotted me
>Worth

Only if you live in a cuck state like MA, CT, NJ, CA, NY, MD or HI. Most states you just go to your local Wal Mart, buy a $200 Mossberg 12g, a box or two of 00 buck ammo and boom, instant highly effective home defense.

>This

>Am I fucking stupid in considering the purchase of an automatic airsoft gun as a means of home defense?

yes.

what shithole do you live in where you can't afford some kind of handgun and don't have at least one friend/relative that will teach you how not to shoot your fucking self with it? christ

Go post this same thing on /k/ and tell them where you live, you will get so Many answers you won't know what to do

I remember getting taken down by a high quality airsoft rifle but it cost a lot more than 100 bucks. If you spend a few hundred and get a tight bore etc etc you can make a powerful disorienter. I would recommend a cross bow.

Go to Walmart or Big 5 and buy some pepper spray for $10-$20. Empty the cannister in some window-climbing POS's eyes and he'll be screaming and blind for an hour.

Pro tip: If you've never been around pepper spray, it's a good idea to fully understand what you're dealing with. Have a bottle of water ready, and just spritz yourself in the face, just a little. If it stings too badly, just pour the water on your face, you'll be fine.

Brand new canik tp9 is like 300 bucks op how broke are you damn

OP here. FL. Wasn't aware that you can legally own and operate a shotgun in your home without a license. gonna get a shotgun from walmart or something. Thanks for all the info and dildo suggestions

>OP here. FL. Wasn't aware that you can legally own and operate a shotgun in your home without a license.

Are you a fucking retard? If you don't have a felony criminal record, are over 18, and an American citizen, you can buy a fucking shotgun in all 50 states. Some cities or counties may have additional restrictions, but as along as you have legal ID, just head down to the next county or city.

This is bullshit. You can walk into Gander mtn and buy a shotgun/rifle in NY any time

Get a cheap flashlight taser from the internet. It will cost less than that airsoft gun. If bot, get a PELLET pistol that uses Co2 canisters. Pellets are pointed so they can pierce and the Co2 should help you fire faster.