benis

NO WE'RE DOING ROOMS TONIGHT, NOT OP

thats gay dude

sorry dad

it's ok

I've started to add some flare, but moving the furniture is going to be hard

the weeb shit has to come down first
you can't focus on your medieval zen with it watching you

yeah I know haha, I just started moving it!

>weeb shit
You realize you're posting on a website that venerates Vietnamese cartoon culture, right?

Nice woodwork. Get rid of the anime shit.
I just broke up w my gf as well.

yeah, I love anime, don't get me wrong..

I have here, hanging, some signed wall scrolls :p
thanks, I'm going to play on my room's strengths. it's very "classical" and den-like. I'm going to do lots of soft lights, nature, leather, wood, etc.

going to use a lot of my renaissance gear

what happened between you two?

idk im kinda digging this

>what happened between you two?
She's kinda nuts. I seem to pull in crazy. Problem is she's a little over an hour from me. She's the manager at a biker bar so her schedule is shit. She's got enough baggage to get her own carousel at the airport. I still fell in love but the distance and schedule just isn't working so we decided to break it off. I agree it won't work but still depressed af tonight.

Your weebing hard but real nice room tho user, i especially like the plant

you should become an hero.

im right there with ya. Its bittersweet. we know its for the best, yet we fear the change thats to come

change isnt exactly bad, but its not tangible or comforting, either :P

What's weird is that I don't mind being alone, but now I'm really lonely. I've been going back and forth thinking I should ride up to the bar (she's working tonight) but I know it's a bad idea.

I'm glad I've got you guys to keep me company.

Just wait until I purge this degeneracy. Im not sure where im gunna put my weeb stuff, but ill be damned if this room doesnt look like a Demon Door in Fable1 when you enter

I tried that once, horrible idea tbh
permanent back problems to show for it ;)

:)

If you really want a medieval feel, I would recommend picking up some fake flagstone veneer for your floor. You can just peel and stick it right over your hardwood. For the kind of square footage you have, it wouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred bucks for the highest quality stuff.

I would also suggest some rough-hewn furniture. You can pick it up cheap at yard sales and distress it yourself. Some wrought-iron light sconces and decoration will also help to sell the look. If you aren't concerned about mice, you could also pick up a few straw hay bales (you can get them $10 apiece from any farm) to use as modular furniture; be re-arranging it you can turn it into anything from a desk to a couch.

You might also want to think about the bed. A real medieval bed was made by supporting a straw pallet over tightened ropes stretched over a wooden frame. If you don't want to go so far as to make a new bed, you can just get some strips of rough wood and glue it to your frame and headboard to give it a rustic medieval look.

Da fuq is this?

This is intense! Thanks for the comment, user

I have a lot of wooden furniture lined up, but its less rustic and more fantasy. Nice looking metal work, polished, rounded, etc.

I think my room will end up looking like a video game protagonists. I have swords and such, boots, chests.

Im not sure where I could find sconces, but those make my pants twitch. Right now im working with 2 lanterns and a hanging oil-lamp, but again, theyre more 'fantasy' :p

a pirate / sailor statue that my grandma gave me, im going to sell it though, its run its course

ive been getting rid of a lot of my 'useless' objects. things that just exist for me to look at

Don't go too cartoony or you'll never get laid again.

What happened between you two?

You could go antiquing to find wrought iron, but my suggestion is to go straight to a metal shop. The kind of stuff you want is easy to make, and since you're not looking for real antiques you'll just be paying for labour and materials. Working with wrought iron is a very specific trade, so your best bet is to call around to local metal shops and see if they have anyone doing that kind of work, and what they'd charge to make you some simple sconces.

not true >:)

guys where do I put my bed??

it really takes up a lot of space. If it's too close to the door, the room feels unwelcoming upon entering

I'm thinking turning it, and pushing it closer to the window (grey sheet)

tl;dr, I think we just helped each other grow up into people that realize we're much different.

We started dating in high school 4 years ago and, at that point, I was consumed by depression, and not even...me?

Now, I am me, and still figuring that part out (who the fuck isnt ik)

We're still very close, she was actually just over here and we talked about things. It hurts that something so fantastic is ending, but, that means something new can begin.

She was an amazing 4 years, and she shaped me. But she is not the only person capable of lending me that love

so onward we go, user~

Have you considered building the bed into the wall? That's a lot of real estate you'll get back if it can be lifted up against a wall when it's not in use. Take a look at something like this:

ebay.com/itm/Queen-Size-Deluxe-Murphy-Bed-Hardware-Kit-Vertical-/261562164933

Put it against the corner by the window. Parallel to the window wall. Other option is where the head of the bed is directly under the window. Nice light in the morning.

this sounds like it could get expensive. I love working with my hands if Iron isnt too tricky. I am very crafty

I just learned to sew and made myself a woodelf costume :P

No, working wrought iron is something it takes years to learn, and usually requires a period of apprenticeship under a journeyman. But you can get lucky at yard sales sometimes if you're not looking for matched sets or anything.

i hated having it against the walls, makes it harder to change the sheets.

I thought about putting it right under my window, but if I ever have sex, even with the curtain closed, my neighbors get a phenomenal view of my shadow fucking..

I was considering a floor bed but then I have to take this frame out

I admire your attitude. From what you've said you can go dark, but yet you're able to see that there's a tenable future. I'm feeling a bit better myself because of it. Thanks.

meme'd

Fuck it OP! Then leave it there. You could get blackout curtains. Can't see shit through them.

Don't get rid of your bed frame. Floor beds are for poor people.

you see my dilemma!

We have to experience what we need to, whether that be sadness, or frustration, or anger

but we also must know that these emotions are not who we are, and that they will pass, so we experience them, and let go

or comfy dens~

we're gunna start here.

it's now or never!

Wise words, OP.

I vote for under the window. Get blackout curtains. That gray thing you've got hanging there looks like a giant ball sack.

damn idk how you do it man, I'm in pretty much exactly the same situation after 4 years, however taking it far worse than you lol

Nah. Floor beds are a gimmick for broke-ass neckbeards. Comfortable beds have a boxspring and a frame.

Heres my Soup recipe:

>4 years severe depression
>attempt suicide
>get really lost because you failed at that, too
>start /actually/ looking for answers outside of popping a pill every morning
>discover 1,000 new ways for 1,000 different cultures
>start trying them

Buddhism works well for me. They really focus on mind/body/soul.

ive never felt more connected to myself, and others

OH,

add Psychedelic drugs, to taste.
yeah ik its awful... Ive decided that having it under the window doesnt allow for any comfy-space. Its too tight

Goddamn it OP! Blackout curtains!!
overstock.com/Home-Garden/Curtains/Blackout,/product-features,/6420/subcat.html

I... I found armor under my bed..

You're why we come here, OP. Cheers.

Wtf?!? You just happened to find that under your bed?

He weebitude may be worse than we thought.

thanks user, you're coping methods seem better than mine

Mine is that I joined the military with the mindset if I die I die fuck it, if not maybe I can meet someone eventually

love you too user

get rid of the weeb shit

get rid of the ren faire sword/armor stuff.

don't put blackout curtains unless you work graveyard and need less noise from nigger neighbors.

clean and make your bed every morning when you get up. its a good way to start your day.

don't spend the whole day in your room. its there for sleeping/fucking. bring the laptop downstairs and Sup Forums there or at a coffee shop.

DON'T buy an xbox/tv vidya system. Thats the last thing you need in there.

okay here's the floor plan

when you enter, the bed is out of the way, and there's a huge space for comfy floor area.

Now I move my dressers, and lay rugs

also, don't try to decorate said room because you're more likely to spend all day there if you do. In other words, don't make a lair, OP.

I promised myself I wouldn't put anything like that in my room. My gaming PC is in my studio with my music, I might put my weeb shit there

my room is for relaxing only

Better yet. Just get rid of the bed itself, mattress on the floor with all the blankets and stuff, sorta like a futon.

good progress then. :)

It came across as a "lair" too me in the first few pics I saw.

>h-hayai

Hey OP, gonna go get a drink at a local bar and get some fresh air. No longer feeling the need to ride up to the ex's. Thanks for the wise words. I hope the thread is still alive when I get back.

godspeed friend! As long as people bump, it will be, ive got lots of work to do :P

Floor beds don't make any noise when you fuck

this is a pretty interesting thread...my suggestion is you definitely need some axes hanging on the wall, dimmer lighting perhaps a long stick wax candle here and there...could be cosey as fuck eventually!

All legit advice

shit in hands and clap

b had interesting threads in 2007 but things changed. call me nostalgic for something new

I've got some swords and stuff I'll be hanging in good spots. i only have these awful lights on to move things around. i have a center piece lamp that I use mostly in here
nice

ah awesome, that sword looks cool and yeah i know the feeling man, all there is now is trap, rekt or evens you fap threads

There was a good discussion about fucking other dudes wives earlier

lol...anyways good luck on the room transformation and soz bout the gf leaving you, it's like 4:32 here in the UK and i should kinda try getting to sleep lol

thanks for stopping by :)
good clean fun eh? >_<

i need a break guys, im sweating and also completely naked, it's so hot lol

but I'm getting a lot done!
I'll resume shortly!!

No wonder she left you

>im sweating and also completely naked
post benis

Looking good!

yikes
not comfy enough to post that
maybe when my room is done
my cat peed in my inscence table...
I'm smoking the smell out, or trying at least

Probably thought it was a litter box. Cat is dumb

Chuck out everything with an arrow

I don't know what the rest of it is, thats why I haven't put more arrows.

But its best you throw it out that way you don't put it back up again like a fag

I moved it, your masculinity is safe now, don't worry

it's coming along..