What is so good about this album Sup Forums?

What is so good about this album Sup Forums?
I want to get into it and I don't get it yet.

OXYGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

it's overrated garbage for hipsters/nu males

Sit back and relax. It's all about the repetition, which is supposed to create climaxes

More for wannabe edgelords than hipsters but yeah.

It's what "modern music" should always mean

I'll steal all the oxygen!

I really admire the sound Gira and co managed to create here, I absolutely love the rawness and pure energy delivered here. That with the growing nature of the music altogether - instrumentally - creates a very dense and atmospheric experience. It's also really interesting when you look back at all of the band's iterations and how To Be Kind is almost an amalgamation of all the different styles Swans' has gone through since the band's inception.

Really great album, but I recommend turning the volume up a little bit, sit back and close your eyes and let the music wash over you. It's almost meditative in places with the volume turned way up.

Thanks for the answers guys,
I've just recently went through lift your skinny fists many times and its absolutely blown me away so I've been looking for music like that and I think swans can give that to me.

BREATHE NOW
LOVE NOW
BREATHE NOW
LOVE NOW

It really depends on what you liked about LYSF.
I'd recommend going through post-rock, To Be Kind isn't strictly post-rock it just has specific elements of it that could possibly appeal to fans of the genre. As I said, To Be Kind is made up of a bunch of different styles and backed by a whole bunch of influence, it isn't strictly any genre.

It has elements of Post-rock, but also a lot of elements of gothic rock, no-wave, noise rock, freak folk and a lot more.

Dont forget Krautrock

There are so many different styles that influenced To Be Kind. Probably impossible to list them.

True, its an amazing LP

Every instrument has a perfect rich tone, especially the drums. The snare coming in on Screenshot is so damn satisfying.
The album does a great job of creating atmospheres. It makes you feel so damn uneasy and then conveys a feeling of power in the next section.
I'd never heard Swans before this album and I found it was easy for me to love. However, if you've given it a good listen and you don't "get it" I wouldn't bother wasting your time on it.

it sucks, why would anybody listen to a fucking 34 minute long song

Because they arent you

You should listen to SFTB as well, might be right up your alley

Will do

Listen to The Sound from it and see if that's what you like

Although the sound doesn't represent the album very well. Neither does Helpless Child or The Final Sacrifice, although that's what I'd call post rock on it.