The Simpsons

>The Simpsons
>Poorly animated
>Has clip shows

>King of the Hill
>Well animated
>Has 0 clip shows - doesn't even reuse animation like The Simpsons did

Why is this?

KotH was the GOAT animated series. It never tried to do too much or invoke popular culture for a cheap laugh.

KotH was cartoon Kino.

KOTH flew under FOX's radar

KotH wasn't really well animated, it was pretty stiff and bland animation-wise.

did you not watch the terrible last 2 seasons?

SKETTIFACTORY COME HERE ON CY TUBE FOR A GOOD TIME

KOTH definitely used pop culture like pic related, but KOTH relied heavily more on its characters than most other shows

Because they didn't put as much time into writing which necessitated last minute changes or crunches that necessitates cycling animation or resorting to clips shows. Every episode of KotH is

>Hank Drones on about Propane
>Peggy has unwarranted self importance
>Bobby is a fat freak
>Introduce a liberal strawman
>Hank overcomes strawman with homespun common sense
>rinse, wash, repeat

If I couldn't write comedy, then I'd write for King of the Hill.
-Mike Reiss, Simpsons Show Runner seasons 1-4

And look what Simpsons is now.

138th Episode Spectacular is the best clip show in television history though, right? It's not even really technically a clip show, it's more a satire on clip shows and there's tons of original stuff in there. Plus based Troy McClure hosting it

That's funny, because if I couldn't write comedy, I'd shitpost on a tibetan cuckold fetish board, or write for Simpsons post-season 8

It's not actually a clip show though

Clip show implies reuse of old clips

But there are some old clips. I don't remember what the ratio of recycled to original is, off the top of my head. But the part where they go through a bunch of Smithers-being-gay clips come to mind

Oh fuck I forgot

But it's such a good clip show otherwise

at least they knew when to quit, unlike the simpsons~!

is bill eating ann richards' hair?

Simpson's writers worked so hard they needed a gimme episode to give them a break.

Well they clearly had no clue what to do with any of the characters and they had to make room for another piece of shit show.

I was a pretty big simpsons fan up until about 2013-14 when I stopped keeping up with it.

The clip shows are a tradition like treehouse of horror, sometimes they're pretty good.

What's everyone's opinions on Bob's Burgers? I've only seen a few episodes but felt it had potential.

Also F is for Family on Netflix is definitely the best animated show I've seen in a long time. The writing is super real and relatable.

F is for Family
>yet another animated sitcom about a dysfunctional blue collar family
pretty trite desu

/leftycuck/ detected

King of the hill 6/10

Too many very annoying and forced characters e.g Peggy, Chinese girl, Chinese dad. A lot of hit and miss moments.
1 in 20 episodes is good.
The rest are kind of boring

Simpsons 10/10

Every character is perfect and every episode is flawless up to around season 10

>Simpsons
>poorly animated
Early Simpsons blew the fuck out of KotH in animation and visual design department. KotH was great with situational setups and long-term character development, but that was it.

The greatest clip show of all time goes to the second episode of Clerks: The Animated Series.