Hey Sup Forums, what are your pc builds like?

Hey Sup Forums, what are your pc builds like?

.. you did build your own pc.. right?

Nope, I'm not but a humble poor fag.

im not smart to build a pc so i bought the alienware one

at least your not a console peasant.

i7 6700k
Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard
16 Gigs ddr4 ram
Corsair H100i Water Cooling system
Corsair 230t Windowed Case

Peripherals:
Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown mechanical keyboard
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones
Audio-Technica ATR2500 microphone
Mionix NAOS 7000 mouse

Dafuq are peripherals ?
Like extra chips to your board thingy ?

> Lmao thinks 1080 is actually a good card
Overpriced piece of shit build for a piece of shit faggot

i7 6700k @ 4.0
32gb 2600 ddr4
1080 ti
Corsair H100i
Corsair 760t
Corsair Strafe RGB silent
Logitech G502

OP here, anyone care to tell me if I'm fucking up anywhere or should be looking at something different for my new build?

Already purchased:
Asus Maximus IX Code Z270 motherboard
i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Kaby Lake
Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB M.2 drive (for boot/game drive)
Western Digital Black 2TB HDD for bulk storage
EVGA G3 850W psu
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Planning to buy:
DeepCool Genome ROG case
32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3866 ram
Asus Poseidon 1080 TI Hybrid video card

I'm looking at having about $2,800 in this thing to get it going. I've only ever used AIO water coolers like the one that comes in the Genome case, so I'm still researching custom liquid cooling loops and plan to remove the stock radiator/pump system and replace it all with a custom loop integrating the graphics card once I fully understand it.

poorfags

nice, i just cant justify getting 32 gigs of ram, it would never be used

i5 4670k@4500mhz 16gb ddr3@1800mhz evga ftw gtx 1080@1950mhz

I use an lg 3440x1440 monitor. Plays great. Been building pcs since 2013, only thing I still have from my original built in my current pc is the i5.

That's a damn solid build, nothing I would change

>Claims he has peripheral chips
>Can't explain what they do
Gee thanks user
So what are they ?

Oh, and my last build was waaaay back in 2010 with a sick ass GTX 260 so I've had to pretty much re-learn everything and get up to speed with current terminology.

M.2 drives were totally new to me and blew my mind

Your ram will be used to render video images if you use your computer to game, if you have more ram you render more video pixels per second and get better graphics, it's all used as soon as you load up a game

least funny bait I've ever seen, the salty poor fags browsing on their chromebooks are clearly pretty triggered by other people talking about hardware they could never dream of affording

Samefag

Whew, good to hear. I've worked a shitload of overtime to save up for this. I like the idea of trying to future-proof when building the first time rather than upgrading a piece here and there to keep up with the demands of new games.

>Thinks it's bait
>Actually no clue what to he fuck half of this shit is
>Not even poorfag
Don't you hate being wrong ?

>no clue what to he fuck half of this shit is
did you have a stroke while typing this?

That's a build to be proud of, my dude. You'll be set for many years.

wrong

Severe case of autocorrect randomly "fixing" words

I REALLY need a new cpu.

Bad...

send help

holy shit, the bottlenecking must be insane

Anyone with have a fucking brain cell could make the connection that "to he" should be "the" you fucking faggot I hate people who focus on some tiny error when the statement is so obvious to understand Jesus Christ you're like Logan Paul making fun of h3h3 I feel sorry for you son

>Anyone with have a fucking brain cell

Jesus christ. How do you even manage? That bottleneck must must be fun.

Point proven

Yes, i5 (the higher end one) gtx960 4gb, 16gb ram, 2 TB hdds and a 300gb or something ssd and went stingy on the mobo and monitor, spent around $1700 aud.. So not too bad I guess

gtx 1060 3gb
8gb ram
fx 8350

Usually works fine but I am getting pissed atm because PUBG can't run without lagging like shit on medium settings

Pic related

Peripherals:
Ducky Shine 6
Corsair M65
Sennheiser Game ONE or sometimes Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
ASUS MG278Q(Wanted TN panel, don't care for G-Sync, so why spend more money)

and what point is that?

i5-4460
16gb ram
gtx 1080

That you're a faggot, you faggot

Cpu always lags behind the 1070 no matter what I fucking do, so yeah i guess you could say the botteneck is bad

Probably because of your cpu.

My brother bought an alienware laptop 6 or 7 years ago. Seems like it lived about a month beyond the warranty and totally shit the bed. Can't remember what fried in it

i7 7700, 8gb ram, GTX 1050, 1 TB HDD
Razer Ouroboros mouse, Black Widow keyboard, Kraken headset, from when I had an actual PC.
My only regret is not getting something with 16gb ram, everything else is great.

you're in middle school, aren't you?

hey cam

You're a faggot, aren't you?

Laptop pleb jokes aside, you could probably upgrade the ram anyways. Just look it up, be prepared to pay out the ass though

why are you in this thread if you don't even have a computer? do you enjoy being triggered by people that aren't poor? I'm sorry mommy can't afford more than the flip phone you're using to post on here, but that's not our fault

my compy is beefy enough to cuck all you bitches

meh....its a laptop

i7 6950x
4x titan XP
128gb ddr4 3400 ram
10tb SSD storage
8 acer predators (enough to make a circle around my head)

Here. You can all kys out of jelly now. This machine makes around $10 a day just by being left on. I also play Battlefield, Overwatch, and Fallout 4 on ultra settings on it sometimes.

AM I COOL GUIZE?!?!?

> In b4 high CPU temp. Replaced the thermal paste yesterday

Pic is my main rig, but I got a HTPC/gaming PC connected to my TV with the specs below
>i5 6600k
>MSI mobo
>16GB @ 3000
>MSI GTX 1060 6Gb
>2 SSDS 240 GB
>1 5GB TB
>Silverstone ITX Raven Case
>CPU water cooled with I think H55i
>650W PSU

I built both of these. The HTPC was a bitch cause it is smaller, and the fact I had to do some minor modding to water cool it

It's called snipping tool m8.

>i5 7500
>gigabyte b250 ds3h micro motherboard
>EVGA 1050ti FTW edition
>8 gigs ram ddr4
>mastercooler 212 evo cooler
>Corsair carbide series 88r case
>EVGA 500 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 500W Semi Modular PSU
>seagate 2tb hdd and a bule 640 gig hard drive from my old comp
>Windows 10 64 bit
>Redragon K555 mechanical with equivalent cherry green switches.
>Logitech g600

Can play most games at 45-60 fps very high-ultra settings. Not bad for my first $600.00 build. Just need an ssd and 8 more gigs of ram I'll call it good.

Fine,
I7 4790k
Gtx 1070
16 gb Ram
120 gb SSD
2 tb hhd
750W gold psu
And a fuck load of peripherals
You faggot

What level of RAID are you using with those 4 2TB disks?

alright lads, im getting paid soon and cant decide whether i should get a gtx1060 6gb or a gtx 1070. im a poorfag with a shit job and a big rent, and the 1060 costs £240, whereas the 1070 is upwards of £390, so i am going to ask which one is better value and whether the 1070 is worth the £150 price increase.
i dont game too hard and dont mind playing games on medium settings, its just id like to play games like PUBG, Witcher3 and gtav at more than 30fps lmao

piriform speccy, totally didn't just download that.

optiplex 780
Ram:DDR 3 8gbs
Cpu:Core 2 duo E8500 3.7 x2
GPU:Nvidia Asus GT 710

1070. Get it and mine ethereum when not gaming. It will pay for itself in about 120-150 days of consistent mining.

who is this woman?

that's one of the worst in this thread, significantly worse than mine. now i seee why you were hesitant to post it.

Oh and 200GB HDD with a sff optical drive

Hi there! My motherboard says it's atx 12" by 9.6", and the case I've picked out says it can support atx up to 272mm. This is my second PC I've built but the first I've built on my own. Just wondering if my motherboard will fit and why the fuck are some measurements imperial and others metric. Thanks

Amanda Lee @amandaeliselee on insta

agreed, 1070 is the sweet spot of price/performance

>evga ftw gtx 1080@1950mhz
The fuck kind of budget card did you get? Mine came standard at 2025MHz.

Runs my vive fine

thanks fam

I pretty much have 2 2tbs cause I am mirroring it on the other two. I like to keep a back up cause I used to get my hand on a lot of anime and games. I even keep a back external hdd with some of the data just in case. I also got a 25 TB NAS. Oh, That pic is a little outdated cause I changed my the hybrid drive to a true 500 gb SSD and put the hybrid in one of my thinkpads.

i have no idea what an ethereum is mate

getting defensive now? very subpar build

thats significantly better than my build

Just to note, I got a Corsair C70 black case. I am actually quite proud of my wire management. I dont have any lights in it, but it is very slick looking when I open it up.

Wouldn't that just wreck your card and when you've fully paid it off you gotta buy another one to get decent performance again?

Haha I wasn't defensive I don't think, just saying I'm happy with my build. You may have better parts, doesn't mean you're not a faggot

cheers for the advice

So are you using RAID 1 or Raid 0? If your not even RAIDing your disks you're squandering their performance. Raid 1 or 10 you can loose up to two disks but keep your data, and double your read and write times.

I bet none of you faggots can even build a system with over 37 weeks of uptime.

Why build your own when Alienware exists? Great gaming computers and they build them for you.

Also, the RAM is now 16 GBs @ 2333 (it shows 1000 something cause duel)

Why would I.

:^ )

Processor Intel Core i7-4790K Quad-Core @ 4.0GHz
Graphics Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Motherboard ASUS Z97-A LGA1150
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB DDR3-1866
Power EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified
Cooling Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM
Storage SSD Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
Storage HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Mouse keyboard shout like shit that

Because you can't.

All you cunts with AMD fx cpus complaining about bottlenecking, try overclocking. I have a fx-6300 which is safely running 4.4ghz with a mid-range cooler master air cooler, and it still has a decent chunk of thermal headroom.

4.4 from 3.5 is an increase of about 25% That's pretty decent from nothing more than an air cooler. It's 45fps to 60fps.

She's hot as fuck

I'm trying to get into star citizen but I have a dual core and it said I need a quad core whats a good cheap one Intel btw

It's how I make money. Literally just letting my computers mine it for me see Note entirely true. GPU's are made to run 24/7. The parts that wear out are usually the fans which can be replaced easy. Plus if you buy your cards new you have a 3 year warranty. I've been running some of my cards for nearly a year non stop with no issues. I usually aim to have a card pay for itself 2 to 3 times over before I upgrade the farm.

I might do that later when I got time off. I am not really to concerned about safe or speed at the moment.

I think my ESXi box is pretty close to two years at this point

i bought a 6700k instead of a 7700k a few months ago cause it was 30 bucks cheaper. now the 7700k is like 10 bucks cheaper than the 6700k. at least i feel good for getting a 1080, pic related, for 500 after the price drop and now get to laugh at the current state of graphics cards. it came with afre game i tried to sell, but couldnt since they tie the codes to the hardware apparently. i do have to admit its overkill for 1080p, but i want it to last me a while and its pretty nice to enjoy the high refresh rates.

Yeah, but is it running Windows Vista?

going to look into it now, since i have no idea what ethereum is or how to mine it. cheers for the advice mate

nope bought a walmart craptop. to live is to suffer.

my first PC build ever :^)

Ah thanks

Just remember it is almost always cheaper to buy two smaller disks and RAID them together than it is to buy one disk that is twice the size of one of those smaller disks. And with RAID you get double the read and write speeds.

get on my level
q6600 oc to 3.2
gtx 970
8gb of some king of muskin ram
dfi lanparty p35 t2r or some shit
intel solid state with 4gb toshiba's running raid 1

been running SOLID for over 7 years. can play any game ( i like indy stuff these days so no probs there )

from what I can tell, upgrades would be a waste of money (for now)

What's the best 2nd hand vidya card value? You know, hot a couple of years ago, still runs most stuff OK, good for legacy games.

>tfw just bought a 1080ti because crypto miner niggers jacked up the prices of all the good mid range cards