Fuck Jenny Death

This album is fucking awful, this album was the downfall of Sup Forums, the official end. Remember back in 2007 when all was well and memes weren't so goddamn self ironic? Fast forward to 2011-12 when Death Grips came about and we were legitimately excited about this band. They continued blowing us away with their albums, culminating in Niggas on the Moon; if Jenny Death had lived up to the massive hype not only would Death Grips still be alive today, but Sup Forums itself wouldn't be in its current pathetic position.

Alas it was SHIT and Sup Forums never recovered, fuck JD

lol

J E N N Y D E A T H W H E N

ngl Jenny Death was not very good.

I *love* On GP though.

notm is their best album

JD is their best album because it stays high energy throughout while also having the most diversity in structure of any of their records.

This.

It's piss poor quality music, the drums sound artificial as fuck. That 'energy' is just very boring beeps and boops. It doesn't get me hyped up, except on 'On GP'

JD is probably the only death grips album i dont listen to consistently, probably because I think Why a Bitch Gotta Lie is their worst song yet.

>drums sound artificial as fuck
How do they sound any more digitally artificial than their other stuff?
>that energy is just very boring beeps and boops
How do you people listen to music? The album uses electronic guitar and organ to make noise rock/punk inspired tracks. Beep and boop, wtf are you on? It's the rawest sounding thing they ever did.
>except on GP
And that's not even the most hard hitting track, The Powers That B is.

things can be artificial without sounding artificial.
And the 'hard hitting' track isn't the most important thing. On GP is an emotional outburst. The Powers that B is decent but these are like the only 2 good tracks, rest are shit.

Sage

I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES. I BREAK MIRRORS WITH MY FACE FOR THE UNITED STATES.

>things can be artificial without sounding artificial
Wtf does this even mean?
>emotional outburst
>"why a bitch gotta lie" on the same track as it hits the main riff
>"I can't know what I'm bout to do/I am what the fuck happened" on The Powers That B right before a very heavy hitting, angry ass breakdown
>not emotional outbursts
Please, continue to prove that you haven't listened to the album.

>being wrong
try the title track. Why a bitch gotta lie goes hard

Honestly if you listen to dg unironically anymore you're a pleb and a poser

>he thinks I've listened to NotM and consider it my favourite DG album but not JD.
>still whining about Powers that B when I said it was one of the two good tracks
>Why a bitch gotta lie isn't total trash

Keep proving you're literally retarded please.
The emotional outburst you're having is greater than anything on most JD tracks

>relies on just talking shit about me when all I did was point out inconsistencies in his post
The chances of my "you haven't listened to the album" guess gets even higher.

JD wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either
I prefer it over GP
NotM was way better tho tbqh

/my/ got shitty the same reason indie genre/journalism/whatever got shitty 2008-2013.

Poptimism, corporatizing indie music, and white people writing about hip hop.

>/my/
Sup Forums

>implying this wasn't the peak of DG

this
the powers that b is their worst song

ive been going back to this album a lot in the past couple weeks and it really grew on me a lot
used to be my least favorite of theirs but thats jd now

OP here, this is an acceptable opinion as well

first half (and big dipper) of notm is the best thing they ever put out
have a sad cum, voila and fuck me out are not bad just not up to par with the rest
still their best album overall

1. Up My Sleeves
2. Billy Not Really
3. Black Quarterback
4. Say Hey Kid
5. Big Dipper
6. I Break Mirrors With My Face In The United States
7. Inanimate Sensation
8. Turned Off
9. Centuries Of Damn
10. On GP

If this was the tracklist of TPTB, it would be by far their best project

>he believed the "hip hop is off limits for whites" meme
damn, and no im not white

my fav DG album

JD is their pleb filter

No JD is the contrarian filter, Steroids is pleb filter

prove youre 07

Nah, NOTM or Steroids is the contrarian filter because niggas haven't into breakcore before. JD is the pleb filter for being their most visceral and raw record by far.

is this what weve come to?

this is what DG fans have come to