I'm a future architect, ask me anything

I'm a future architect, ask me anything.
Also, if you want give me advice or tell me thigns that you dislike about architects or architecture in general so I have then in mind in the future.

I'm a future football playing king in space with a moustache, ask me anything.

What is architecture doing in the future to make my life easier?

More gargoyles

What kinda moustache?
k!

Study Paul WIlliams.

stop making structural engineers jobs so god damn difficult

Make something real gay lol like a house in the shape of a dick and balls kek

The world needs more Rem Koolhaases. Please become that man and/or woman.

this x 100000000000000

Take the advice of the structural engineers. They make your shitty designs stand up.

know any good tricks for hiding secret passages and secret rooms in houses?

It looks like a Transformer took a dump

Remind structural engineers that they are about to be replaced by software, and do your job as an architect.

We don't have engineers design shit, because we get shit. We ask them to do the tedious number crunching after we have a workable design.

Be the designer, or be the engineer, not both, and do not confuse them. The designs, the engineer supports the designer, not the other way around.

Please have solar panels included in the buildings you're going to designing

No more fucking confusing building layouts for colleges. Stop making every building look exactly the same. Same goes for sprawling two level apartment complexes, I don't care how, just make each building look slightly different from the other so I can find my friends house without having to make pirate paces

Note taken.

Ok baby ;)

Ah yeah, the guy is pretty good actually. They've shown us a lot of his project and made us analyze some of his writtings.

Oh yeah, I know how important is that. We actually have classes where they teach us the basics of structuran engineering and always remark the importance of at least having a general understanding of what you are doing and how materials and loads behave.
Uhhh.... just make it look like a part of the design of the room, I guess? Just don't make it too obvious.

kek

Yeah that's true. But it's still important for each to understand how the other does their work and what things and themes are important for their respective professions.

Hundreds.
Get back into your 8yo perspective, and they'll pop out of the woodwork at you, Wainscot, stair sections, false closet walls, etc etc etc. None will be secret if you do them. All will be on plan and permitted by the city. Fire dept will be aware of them. Uncle Sam will find your stash.

Has OP ever read "Form Follows Fiasco"?

It's even worse than that now.

>Uhhh.... just make it look like a part of the design of the room, I guess? Just don't make it too obvious.
was actually meant for the secret passsages guy.

>I'm a future architect
ur a future barista

oh, I'm no trying to hide anything from the govt
I just wanna build some kind of urban castle

have any thoughts on rooms that require physical feats to enter?

Nope, but I am familiar with the original phrase and it's deviations.

Your designs wouldn't work without engineers.

How many dicks do you plan on constructing atop buildings

Is there any way of having a truly secret passage?

Been done before.
Pic related is by Claude Nicolas Ledoux, who is considered one of the great ones from his age.

duh.
and engineers wouldn't have anything to engineer without designs.

welcome to the world.

If you design walkways, put them where people acually want to walk. Just take a look at a walkway, where people are cutting corners or taking shortcuts is where the design fails the purpose of a walkway.

Suggestion. Wanna see more "living" buildings, one's where nature is infused into their very being. No more of this minimalistic drab shit and make something appealing for a change.

fucking this

>Stop making every building look exactly the same.
Trust me, I am tired of crappy copy-paste buildings too. Although here at least that's mostly the fault of the way the real-state bussiness work, and architects have little effect on how new housing projects are designed.

Too many dicks.

>truly secret
Uhhh, don't tell anyone?

But I don't even like coffee.

Sure, build new construction, complete, then DIY time AFTER inspection.

If you want it done as a major part of the building, requiring your builder to build around it or part of it, then legally they'll need it on the plans, and with that, everyone everywhere has access to them.

After your new construction or remodel is complete, and the building inspector is off your ass, then you can start hacking away at what you just paid to have built, but, you have to be able to do it without it looking or sounding like a construction project, or they'll use your ass to shoot bottle rockets out of on the 4th of July.

Just one. But it'll be one giant dick, 150 stories tall.

With a butterscotch puddin fountain on top that showers the city every 20 min.

Yeah, Developers have proven over the last oh, 6 decades that they cannot be trusted with the land they develop in any way. They've turned half the country into tract housing and pole barns, and shaved the ridges off every fuckin dime til everything is a stiff breeze away from falling down in a pile of rubble.

Devs are the utter fucking worst humans on the planet. Pray to all the gods you can that you don't wind up working for them.

I remember hearing of cases where landscapers would use the marks of dead grass, where people cut corners and walk across the grass the most, as a guide to improve their projects. I have actually noticed such dry zones around a lot at local parks and other green areas.

Solar panels and other sources of clean energy are great. But making buildings that, by design, make good use of resources is just as important. The way sun light enters, the way air flows... they are all things you have to keep in mind when designing.

I like "minimalism" in the sense that some elements of a project should be resolved with as many intrincacies as it's encessary to make it work and not more. Adding more just takes away from what you've achieved. But I do agree with your idea of "living buildings" as long as whatever you incorporate gives the project an added value, like making it more bearable, contributing to the sensation of well-being of it's inhabitants or simply challenging the mind of who observes it.

No idea why this pic came upside down, but given the post it feels almost like an statement.

bumb

How do you feel about the Jewish influence on the field?

Can you stop the destruction of monumental buildings that are our heritage?

This

While not a big fan of jews and their influence, it doesn't bother me. Besides, architecture would have taken a similar path with out without them: To try and continue to build buildings that look the same, in a world where materials, techniques and needs are constantly evolving, just for the sake of tradition didn't make sense.
Most modern buildings I see that try to look classical are actually pretty bad, coarse imitations anyways, save a few exceptions.
Still, I think you should have a certain sensitivity regarding the surroundings of your prject, specially if you design in an area with a strong historical and cultural heritage.

Man I wish.
:(

What is the name of that great European cathedral they are going to take down?

Theres a car commercial, we've probably all seen for Acura or Audi, some shit like that. At the end, the car pulls up in front of this wicked looking concrete house that has an optical illusion of being structurally improbable balanced on the edge of a rocky cliff. I like that. Just saying.

>What is the name of that great European cathedral they are going to take down?
Notre Dame. The Saudi's got the contract for demolition, date TBA.

>Most modern buildings
look like a box, a ugly box

>Notre Dame. The Saudi's got the contract for demolition, date TBA.
Another one bites the dust.

Show us yer bewbs lorey

Lmao that's not going to happen

No it doesn't
Architecture should be the sweet mix of form and function
Keep that in mind, don't do stupid shit just because it was never made
Design buildings that make sense and still look good
Just because you can build nearly every shitty form with steel doesn't means you should

Oh nice, wishI could find it. I like it when structures seem to challenge physics, yet are completely structurally sound.

kek

True. That's why we admire so much the ones that are actually good.

Gonna dump some cases where contemporary architecture nicely compliments heritage places rather than destroying them just because fuck it.

I love old modernised buildings

That's actually some pretty good advice.
The way I see it, specially with the advenment of computing, all shapes are potential possible shapes for a project, but not necessarily desirable ones. You start trimming that infinite set of shapes by what makes sense given the context and how it dialogues with it, what is useful and practical for the use it's gonna get, what fits your budget and structurally works... and a series of variables until you end up with a form that embodies the best balance of all these factors you can get.

Me too. I like it when they bring something fresh to the place, yet still are somehow respectful to what's left of the original.

Architecture is for rich people. It's inflicted on everyone else.

Fucking rich ppl, having a balustrade like that in a home, retarded they never even use that thing.

That's something some of us are trying to change.
Sadly, this depends a lot of governments seeking that everyone can get access to quality housing.

That's a public building now actually.

retarded uneconomical, ugly as fuck, claustrophobic
>fuck of with this jew shit

Still a huge improvement on what we had to offer until a few years ago.
>uneconomical
How? These were built on a ridiculously tight budget actually.

It wasnt at first, it is still hidious, the "floor windows" pff, are not semetrical , why one big one and the rest small windows, the white block next to the wal looks like a giant ikea cabinet. , whats up with the un used space on the left of the catwalk, the catwalk will not be used as it doesnt has much practical function.

As for this one, not using solid white lintols, is just making the whole thing look like a cave building, the smooth straight edge of the lower finish stones clashes with the ruff outline of the door and window frames, the some bits straight and some bits dip of the graut lines is really ugly, considering the discoloring im guessing their masonry sunk.

In the olden days they had smarter populations that were more precise and diligent

>dip of the graut lines is really ugly, considering the discoloring im guessing their masonry sunk.
They did it in sections the lazy bastards, you can see how they did sections around the door frames.
they did not do it in layers but did one side of the door then the next, result is that the stones drop unevenly because they did it on different days and mortar consistency and drying speed changes.day by day

>How? These were built on a ridiculously tight budget actually.
because you put a roof over air not utilizing that space.

Still ugly and claustrophobic

it's a fuckload of wasted space.

Its build in elevation, so you only have 2 rooms per level, so you need to walk up and down the stairs to enjoy different functions of the home.

>Architecture is for rich people. It's inflicted on everyone else.
Thats not true. Even a home-built deck or cabin has a basic function which you attempt to make nice. Its a basic human instinct to be creative and improve and take stylistic cues from things you've seen. And when some of that shit doesn't work, you get creative in whole new ways. I like to build stuff, and I'm pretty good at it, but have no formal education. I'm a shade-tree Appalachian shitkicker. That means, I normally go for simplicity, but I like good craftsmanship - we don't all use eye-hooks for doorknobs.

Dude, most if not all of the masonery you see is the remains a pretty old building. The renovation is built in such a way that it tries to interfere the original structure as little as possible while also making the building usable. Most decisionsyou mention respond to this objective. Things like elements that don't touch each other and leave a gap, or making the new sections so sleek and sharp in contrast to the original ruggedness of the heritage structure instead of turning it into a half-faux-historique.
The floor windows are there to showcase some old foundation sections that were digged up, while still keeping the space usable. No idea why one is bigger though so you got me there.

Are you a Marxist retard like every single other brainwashed imbecile churned out of modern universities?

who ever build it in the first place was a lazy fuck.
the "straight" lines of the lower facing stones is clashing with the ruf old building, the new linto above the center door is down right ugly, the to white bit separates the roof from the building, its a fucking freak sho m8

DO you like Marconi and Cheese your gonna
be eating tons of as you starve ... big firms do all the big shit you will do nothing... maby a little drafting nothing is as it seems boyh you should just play video games and eat yourself into a heart attack IT WILL BE EASYER ON YOU

he is see he thinks that raping a building is preserving it.

All the government acquires another obedient, mindless tax-payer and drone willing to vote to give them more power and more money.

the nature of the cult and the fraud is almost beautiful

looks like fucking shit
you're horrible at photoshop

>architect to be
>guy asked for gargoyles
>posted a grotesque

another future architect here. Do your homework.

learn to photoshop and 3dmax Mr/Ms ''Future Architect''

Is it a realistic goal for a family to be able to build their own castle over a few years?
And also for it to have a nice cobblestone appearance and not some ugly modern concrete look?
I fucking love the aesthetic of castles out on a nice green field, I'd be fine with a small one even, but I live in burger land. The only castle-like buildings near me are the old Spanish forts (floridafag) and they're ok I guess. Towers are a must-have though.

"3dsmax"
nigger try fucking cad and autocad

>mindless tax-payer

Not OP.

realistic? yes.
but can you afford it? If you got enough dough, you can certainly make it happen, but it has to be within the construction standards of that area. Most areas want to maintain their aesthetics. But then again, with enough money...

But THEN AGAIN, with that amount of money, might as well buy a place in Hollywood.

Draw a simple design for an underground bunker, made using wood and a small amount of concrete and steel

Buy concrete, rebar, and find large rocks to shove into the side of your mostly concrete walls.

Nah.
Actually, I study at a catholic university, and while I don't consider myself religious anymore I do appreciate that we are mostly free from all the shit you mention. Besides if you're not a believer all the contact you need to have with religion is one semester-long mandatory theological class of your choice during the entire duration of your studies. Teachers have almost total academic freedom.

You know, when an institution owned and controlled by the church is less of an indoctrinating melting pot than the ones controlled by those who supposedly strive for liberty, then you know you have a problem.

Fuck off with your AutoCAD. Try Revit or ArchiCAD then we talk.

3dsmx and photoshop are for post production. Something that lacks heavily in OP's image.

These software do the job better because revit and archicad is shit with rendering.

no context. So no fucking clue what you're on about

Some of these were done on a rush and/or years ago.
Besides, when making an image, most teachers tend to privilege the capacity to transmit an idea rather than having super-hyper realistic renditions of the building.

>Implying that Catholicism isnt corrupted from with in in order to destroy it
>Implying catholic schools cant be marixist

teachers. yes.

clients? no.

>no context.
>mindless taxpayer
Pick one

i guess you are extra mindless

>implying economic justice theology is not present in Catholicism

>implying Marx didn't model his ideal society and theories to get their off of non-materialistic monastic lifestyles of his time

Where ever you studied, you sure got the blue pill

>eludes to OP being another mindless drone for politicians best interests
>this somehow has the do with nigs on welfare and too much of it

get a job

fuck off. Before you make any judgements. These buildings are made BECAUSE the economy. They give people a blank house that they can build more to it by themselves when they earn more. The idea of these places are to keep it lowcost and economical for the people moving into or near a city, where is more work.

Thanks boyos
I'll get property in the middle of bumfuck nowhere if that's what it takes. Maybe it'll pay for itself in time if I make it a small hotel during the next Crusades.

how the fuck is that comment related to op, it is related to mindless tax paying drones paying in to their own destruction

Try following a comment string you newfag

Good luck!
Remember that custom made cobblestone like concrete is more expensive. If you want aesthetics, I suggest timber beams and rough concrete walls with a shiny concrete floor.

Furniture plays a big role too. GOOD LUCK!

I would say don't bother getting it ok'd by local govn't but that's just me. The process is expensive and tedious.

>The idea of these places are to keep it lowcost and economical for the people moving into or near a city, where is more work.

Fucking bullshit, if you have more money move, this will be unused space, yet blocking sight lines with monstrosities for years to come

the process is necesarry. You dont want your building to be torn down halfway through becaues you didnt get a permit.
Most architects do this for you, so its part of the package.
Dont be an idiot.

Mostly posting random shit I had on a folder.
I guess. But hey, some not only tell you don't have to try and make them look realistic, some actually tell you to avoid it, at least until the final presentations.

Yes that's pretty much it. This person proposes it's better to spend a given amount of money the government assings for each family on a half-house they can expand as they earn more and the family grows, rather than spending it on an even shittier, tinier house. The results are not necessarily pretty, but that's not the architect's fault. And it works.

I was going to point this out before, but the thread turn a weird turn I'm still trying to unravel.

And then other people will get into these ''unused space''.

Not many people have enough money to move into a rich neighborhood you fucking tard.