Flat Earth theory

Is there any credence whatsoever to this conspiracy theory or is it solely the realm of crackpots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNVgzk3tbl0
prokerala.com/travel/flight-time/from-auckland/to-santiago/
qantas.com/travel/airlines/home/gb/en
youtube.com/watch?v=pwChk4S99i4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that being redpilled means knowing that the earth is flat.

>place a ruler on the ground and it lays flat
>the horizon appears flat at any elevation
>the seasonal cycles don't coincide with the the global model
>the moon is visible during the day

The round earth is the most commonly believed myth of today. It is a theory that has received very little criticism despite having no convincing evidence to support it.

depends, are you a bible humper and/or wear more than one tinfoil hat? if yes than definitely, just look at your religious book or just think of what the jews could gain from hiding the truth from us!!
If no then no.

The earth is a pyramid.

WE

Made to discredit conspiracy theorists, now just spouted by meme rusemen

>the horizon appears flat at any elevation

wrong. have seen it myself.

Dear Flat Earthers

How come I can take this flight route:
Tokyo > Moscow > London > New York City > Seattle > Tokyo

All while never going East?

the earth is a cube

>>place a ruler on the ground and it lays flat
This doesn't really mean anthing
>>the horizon appears flat at any elevation
What of the numerous videos/pictures of the earth's curvature, or distant locations and objects not being visible over the horizon?
>>the seasonal cycles don't coincide with the the global model
You'll have to explain this one. Seasons on a flat earth wouldn't seem to make any sense.
>>the moon is visible during the day
Like the ruler, I'm not seeing the relevance.

I didn't think anybody remembered time cube

>the Jew has a golden gun
noice

I have seen Jupiter through a telescope. It is a sphere. What makes you think ours is any different?

I think most flat earth proponents are religious, so Earth is different because God.

Explain all these routes that are in pretty regular use. Even passenger airlines use these ones. Mind you, this is just one of the more damning facts that disagree with a flat earth. You are a fool if you think the Earth is flat. How is this even a thing?

Cause Cheesus made our planet better than all the others. We are also the centre of the solar system AND the universe.
Anyone saying something different is paid by Jews. And the Illuminati.
Just look at all the Holy Books and mythologies claiming it is shaped like a banana!!! All those ancient people can't possibly be wrong!!!

Confirmed for being a shutin who's never been up a mountain, in a boat, or in a plane.

The Earth is flat, relative to gravity.

PROOF?

earth is flat , deal with it

The Earth is actually the Moon

>prove me wrong

mad earth rounders

earth is flat, get with the times

They might know something.

It's a good argumentative exercise, not meant to be taken seriously but rather to develop skills at arguments and counterarguments.

33 degree, know what is up.

actually most routes dont look like that they usually make stops in places that dont make any sense on a sphere

youtube.com/watch?v=yNVgzk3tbl0

weird i found whoever made this comment on here.

It's funny most people use flight paths to argue for flat earth. You using them to argue against it, but not listen the times needed for the flights.

And the time and distance traveled possible give some credit to this theory. If you take the time to look at them you would see.

Something is fishy.

I was thinking about the flat earth and this other model of how the solar system works and was finding it quite confusing wrapping my head around how this spiral solar system works..

most of us were educated stupid

t. Gene Ray

What the fuck.

I'm fairly certain that flying from the US is from CA west to aus.

Why even take the time to make these kinds of threads? This has to be one of the dumbest threads that keeps popping up here. I swear you people just love pretending to be brain dead retarded

Yes.

Liar.

Never occurred to you that most people may be wrong? I did do that, and the times are exactly what proves it. This whole flat earth this is a simple circlejerk with people without research skills

prokerala.com/travel/flight-time/from-auckland/to-santiago/
Qantas and LAN airlines fly these constantly. The flight time is too little to

Only thing I see as fishy is that people keep on propagating facts that are not true. They do not verify, this shit and propagate complete falsehoods.

Literally a person who does not know how to look for flights.
Pic related, search for the flight yourself. Aukland to Santiago, AKL - SCL
qantas.com/travel/airlines/home/gb/en

Non-stop flight. Right then and there. Impossible to fly that fast on a flat Earth. End of story. People fly that shit all the time.

Great response, idiot.

The moon has a cycle of 29 days. It's tidally locked. We are told the earth revolves around the sun and it goes faster at a certain point as it gets closer. Then how come the moon phase doesn't speed up or slow down accordingly.

> The flight time is too little to
Apparently I forgot to finish some sentences. But you most likely get the point.

Ancient Egyptians built the earth.
WE WUZ GOD N SHIET

Yes, I flew from LA to Sydney, whoever thinks you cannot fly over the Pacific is a fucking weirdo even for Sup Forums.

then why do boats slowly descend when they go off the horizon??? Huh? checkmate atheist.

mhh... really makes you think...

Sup Forums BTFO..

Well then, we are all just borgs, and resistance is futile.

0/10

I've been high enough in the air to see the curvature of the earth, your thread is invalid

>The world is a flat disk. When you sail past the edge, you pass an unnoticeable line that transports you from one side of the disc to the other.

>one side of the disc is the Berenstein side and the other is Berenstain... We are currently on the 'Berenstain side.

>anyone claiming "Berenstein" needs to gtfo

I'm not sure why you think I'm advocating for it when I say it's the realm of crackpots

SPHEREKEKS BTFO BY SCIENCE!!!!!
BLACK SCIENCE MAN ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!!

>literally called an assumption

>wher is proofs doot doot
>Doesn't show proof at anything he says himself
>Earth is flat because I say so
okay

Round earth is a jewish conspiracy.

the globe is really large though.. isn't it?

Think about earth's rotation, then think about your post again.

>moon
the moon is a spacecraft, not a moon or planet. it uses the same propulsion that ufos use to keep a constant speed ignoring gravitational influence

The Jews want you to think it's flat so they can laugh at you.

The truth is that the Earth is actually a Möbius strip.

The moon was created by god. Space doesn't exist. It's just really high up.

JEWISH SHILL THREAD

OBFUSCATION

TRYING TO DISCREDIT Sup Forums WITH CRAZY SHIT

I live near Grimsby, ON and I hear that being able to see Toronto across lake Ontario from the beach there (around 40 miles) is supposed to be evidence of flat earth. Haven't looked into it much, or even gone by the beach there to check.

I live as though it's a globe and naturalism is in charge, but I have Flat Earth Gnosticism in my back pocket.

I see

it is much more sane to admit you do not know for certain than to claim that you do know.

the idea that the earth is a spinning ball is confusing and is the kind of thing that makes you throw your hands in the air and give up on thinking about it.

however a "flat earth" model is much more comprehensible.

however it is, it is more sane to admit you don't know than to dismiss anything outright just because it fits with your emotional atmosphere for the time being.

because whether or not we like it, decisions are based more on feeling than fact as we are always a key player in our thought process. what does it mean for me? is the question we ask.

want proof of this? think of why you are afraid to wonder if earth is flat. is it because you do not want to look dumb?

so be smart and say you do not know for sure. then be confident for yourself and look into the matter using your our intelligence.

It's a deflection from real conspiracies that aren't fucking retarded. Designed by someone to discredit others. Same with all the aliums shit designed to discredit other conspiracy theorists back in the 1950s.

as though /pol had any credibility to begin with.

the ball earth theory is pretty crazy in itself. and really there is plenty of reason to question the model.

you base your sanity on whether or not it is status quo. which really is insane if you think about it.

you need to learn to break through that ceiling and admit that you are lying to yourself. really YOU don't know for sure.

>the idea that the earth is a spinning ball is confusing and is the kind of thing that makes you throw your hands in the air and give up on thinking about it.
Not really. Most things on Earth, such as day/night, seasons, horizons, tectonic activity, tides and so on make total sense with a sphere Earth orbiting the Sun.

None of the above make any sense on a flat Earth.

our whole reality is an assumption.

People think the earth is flat because they never leave the confines of their narrow perspective on the universe. They're afraid to admit that they are wrong.

Reasons such as?

>People think the earth is flat because they never leave the confines of their narrow perspective on the universe. They're afraid to admit that they are wrong.

its the other way around. that's why people think (assume) the earth is round.

they are afraid to question because it means they have to admit they never really knew for sure in the first place.

I have a family member who grew up hanging pictures of the planets on his wall. his book shelf is covered in carl sagan.

if you told him the earth was proven fact he wouldn't want to leave his own little narrow world and admit his whole idle time was wasted researching deception. and all the while he thought he was really smart, but he was just a fool reading fairy tales.

It's just a frame of reference change, that's equivalent to the normal model of the solar system orbiting the sun, but you're in a frame of reference in which the sun is not stationary so everything is moving with some velocity to the right equally.

The earth and moon speed up around the sun due to the eccentricity of the earth's orbit, and the moon does show slightly different faces to the earth at differing times in its orbit due to the moon's own eccentricity. It's called libration.

I went to school m8, the model makes perfect physical sense given what we know about gravity.
Hell at university (I did a maths degree) we solved the two body problem and worked out the gravitational fields around spherical bodies and so on.
Mathematically it all checks out perfectly, a flat earth literally makes no sense unless you rewrite all of physics from about Galileo onwards.

well for example, how does gravity keep us on earth? why does the moon not spin? how does the moon regulate tides? why don't pilots figure in the curve of the earth when flying? why don't railroad engineers figure in curve of the earth? why don't submarines figure in curve of the earth?

gravity does not explain anything and on earth the concept of mass attracting mass has never been generated. and even if it were true in outer space, the planets do not really even demonstrate it. It is all a sham just painted to LOOK authoritative. it really is all nonsense.

really, in all fact any rotating object throws objects OFF of it, it does not contain objects.

If the earth was flat, all known physics would not exist
Explain how the following items work if the earth was flat
>sattelites orbiting at heights relative to their velocities
>how the atmosphere doesn't just drift off into space
>why the moon moves the oceans to create tides
>why literally every other large celestial body is spherical
>why the earth is spherical when observed from space

if you really look into it, not really. and tides are not in any way explained convincingly, not sure where you are even getting that.

and tectonic activity? not at all.

seasons are actually more convincingly explained with flat earth models as the sun is spiraling in and out from the center.

The moon does not spin because it's tidally locked with Earth.

Gravity keeps us on Earth by pulling us towards the center. Gravity is a weak force, however, unless on truly enormous objects.

>everyone who isn't a fucking retard with no understanding of mathematics or physics is just a sheeple, only I know the truth!!!
Every time with you lot.

>well for example, how does gravity keep us on earth?
Gravity pulls towards mass, the earth is on the order of 10^24kg so dominates on its surface.
>why does the moon not spin?
It does, it's tidally locked however, and spins once per orbit of the earth so always shows us the same face.
>how does the moon regulate tides?
youtube.com/watch?v=pwChk4S99i4
>why don't pilots figure in the curve of the earth when flying?
But they do, they fly arcs of great circles between points where they can. Great circles are the shortest paths between two points on a sphere.

Do you know anything about tectonic activity?

>really, in all fact any rotating object throws objects OFF of it, it does not contain objects.
The earth spins once per day.
Imagine some dirt stuck on a round ball spinning once every 24 hours. The centrifugal force is going to be negligible (in fact it reduces the gravitational acceleration at the earth's surface by a small fraction of the value it would have were the earth still).

>I don't listen to things I don't like

>seasons are actually more convincingly explained with flat earth models as the sun is spiraling in and out from the center.
How is the axial tilt hard to understand at all?

"because it is tidally locked with earth"

that's bullshit. it is meaningless drivel.

all what you said is just vague bullshit supernatural explanation with no science to it at all. what you are saying is not science and in no way is demonstrated in any labs and is very contradictory. if it is a weak force then why do the lightest things float and the heaviest things fall? then you say because the sun? see it just forms and endless circles of falsifications and contradictions.

its meaningless.

but the law of "falling", that is, all objects with mass fall. that is true. it is more logical than gravity and is proven time and time again by all natural phenomenon. mass falls. less mass rises. that's all.

and i am not saying flat earth models are 100% true. honestly i don't know much about them. but the idea the earht is a ball is just a santa claus lie told to children in kindergarten. it isn't scientific in any way. its a bunch of bullshit with millions of lies piled upon it to try to fudge the data into making is SEEM true. but its obviously not.

This is a quality post.

How the hell can the Turtle carry a round earth on its back. It'd roll right off. Ergo the earth must be flat. Maybe it sags down a bit at the edges from the weight.

Holy crap I just had an epiphany - maybe the earth *is* the back of the turtle. That would explain where the oil comes from, turtle meat is the greasiest shit imaginable.

that's bullshit. earth is spinning thousands of miles an hour and hurdling through space.

gravity is not a scientific explanation. even if the earth is a sphere, gravity is not a sufficient explanation. it certainly is not genius.

No.

>>all what you said is just vague bullshit supernatural explanation with no science to it at all
Coming from the guy who thinks a flat Earth somehow formed to orbit the Sun with planetary formation resulting in a disc world like Terry Pratchett, magically,

>that's bullshit. earth is spinning thousands of miles an hour and hurdling through space.
And?

Yet do you understand the other side of the argument? Do you understand why and how the whole idea of a round earth came about? Do you understand how each individual fact you've listed came about? I've looked into the flat earth and found it wanting. Have you looked into the round earth with similar interest?

I see a pot calling a kettle black here. "It isn't scientific in any way"

Well, then tell us how you see that people came across the theory of gravity? Have you actually looked into this? Which part of the logic makes it unscientific?

It's a weak force because it requires massive objects to generate it, and it can easily be overcome by a fridge magnet, at least on earth
The 'strong' forces are what holds the rest of the universe together. It's why nuclear fission and fusion generate massive amounts of energy and why a big magnetic field keeps us from getting literally BTFO from the sun

well for one that model is not to scale and also the earth does not perfectly circle the sun as depicted. so you are showing something unscientific to back an unscientific claim.

Have a Dr Pepper

>"because it is tidally locked with earth"
>that's bullshit. it is meaningless drivel.
It's true you ignorant pig.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking
> if it is a weak force then why do the lightest things float and the heaviest things fall?
You're confusing things floating due to density with gravitational forces.
Gravity (without an atmosphere causing drag/floatation problems) acts with equal acceleration on all objects (at least those near one another). They dropped a hammer and a feather on the moon to prove this. Look it up.
You literally do not understand anything you're talking about, come back once you've finish high school and learned some basic mathematics and physics.

Linear momentum means shit, the earth is spinning at an angular velocity of 7.2921159 × 10^-5 radians per second and the forces in rotating frames rely only on the angular velocities involved, not the linear velocities.

>its not to scale so it's obviously fake
It's not to scale because it's easier to show people the simplified version and have them understand it then try to explain orbital mechanics to your average layman

what, i have to make up a fairy tail instead of admit I don't know the truth?

that's like growing up in a prison cell your whole life. just because you make up an elaborate delusion about the nature of reality does not mean it is superior.

All I am saying is I do not know. that's all.

The earth does orbit in an ellipse, yes, but the eccentricity is very low. It does mean we're slightly closer to the sun in the southern hemisphere's summer, but local climate and weather drowns out the small effect this has.
And of course it's not to scale, it'd be impossible to read if it were, the earth is a few thousand km across, the sun is on average 149,598,000km away.

You are right about one thing.

You don't know.

>All I am saying is I do not know. that's all.
Go back to high school kid

>Which part of the logic makes it unscientific?

none of it can be replicated in a lab and most of the people that study it have never even been to outer space(assuming any at all has ever been to outer space). Actually all the facts of life on earth contradict the theory that we are on a spinning sphere hurdling through outer space.

why do planets ORBIT the sun but not just get sucked into it? people will make a bullshit explanation "oh its cause electricity and their masses all interact to cause one another to be spaced apart" but really that is all just bullshitting, especially considering that it can never be replicated in a lab.

no REAL scientists (engineers, chemists etc) give astronomy any credence when practicing their art, yet astronomy and their astrophysics are considered the height of scientific thought. they are treated as the smartest when all they do is lie and bullshit while real scientists actually do good for us all.

nor do you. but of course you are pretending you know. but you know as well as I that you are full of it. you are just banking on being right. you are a gambler and no more than that. you are conned by con-artists. that's all. you believe what they say because they sound credible. that's all it is.