Does Sup Forums prove all humans are disgusting evil degenerates?

Does Sup Forums prove all humans are disgusting evil degenerates?

yes

No only people on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Show me your dick and kill yourself

Fuck you

what about Sup Forums, /r9k/ and /soc/?

Do gay clubs prove all humans are gay? Do Trump rallies prove all humans are hateful frightened morons? Do gun clubs prove all humans are gun nuts? Do book clubs prove all humans actually read books?

See how silly your question is?

people there just want to kill themselves

Are you really trying to imply that humans haven't ALWAYS been just absolute fucking monsters to each other and the world around them? Sup Forums Isn't proof of that. Human history is kek

Well said Sup Forumsro.... Well said!

>Sup Forums is 7 billion people
wew I didn't know so many normies came here

No, as there are people even here that keep moralizing how stuff like gore, loli, bullying and other stuff like these are bad. We call them moralfags here, because we are sick in our head.

It just proves that the majority of Sup Forums is bonkers. The majority of Sup Forums are childish. The majority of Sup Forums are stupid. The majority of Sup Forums are edgy faggots that want to differ from the norms of social culture thus creating this shit hole of a social culture.

Everyone who's been here for longer than a couple of years knows this.

Do Hillary supporters prove everyone's a special snowflake who wants to vote in a fucking degenerate....
Meh. To tired to start shit.

Hillary is corrupt as fuck and Trump is an idiot. We're screwed either way.

Yep

no, fucking niggers mudshits and normie faggots who use emoji do that just fine.

Sup Forums didn't need to prove that humans are disgusting. This was a known fact to a lot of people through our history (Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Hobbes etc). Anybody who puts a positive spin on humanity is a con man. Just look at the Christian narrative about Jesus. Taking the story at face value, even if you're not a believer, is that humanity was so awful God had to come down to earth just to be killed by us to save us from ourselves. Even one of the 12 disciples, knowing full well that Jesus was God incarnate, still sold him out to the authorities. There is very redeemable about humanity when people will actually betray God in the flesh. And people think they'll fair better than the only perfect moral exemplar of humanity?! Kek

Checked

Ayy my first quad :D

Ironically all of them were also foolish people by modern standards. Plato thought people were disgusting because he himself was disgusting. He also thought people were giant birds without feathers. He also thought that the womb is an actual animal that moves inside of womans body causing different types of illnesses. Plato was always a student of Socrates and did never succeed his mentor. Plato was a fool that thought he was great. And because he thought so, he made it easily seem so in front of others.

It's all really about what you want to become.

Can I use this for Twitch or does someone use it already?

Yes but Plato's insight into how horrible people are was also stated by Herman Hesse who said that (I'm paraphrasing) "you hate others because you see those things in them that you see in yourself." I would say that also ties into Carl Yung with universal attributes and believes. Along with Marcus Aurelius in Meditations where he asked "what is in its nature?". Ludwig Wittgenstein asked a similar question of "what do all games have in common?". I think these are the right questions to ask when you're trying to understand humanity. The closest and most universal response is that we are disgusting creatures that sometimes do good things because we have the ability of abstract/ higher metaphysical thinking that the animal kingdom doesn't posses. At least to our degree/understanding

I also can't quite get these to line up.

There's a lot of nice things too on Sup Forums.

Look we caught an atheist.

I'm not an atheist lol I'm actually Roman Catholic D:

what about hobbes perspectives?

Aw shit that's worse. Those guys only believe in one God.

This is exactly why I don't hold western philosophy in high regards. Same type of pondering can be found from ancient texts in China. However, at some point the eastern philosophies took on the standpoint on how humans have the ability to choose. How every action can be modified, the reality itself can be modified according to desires. It took the direction of changing negative thought patterns using willpower.

Meanwhile, we still quote Plato like he was a great man. He wasn't. He was made a great man and he chose to believe that fairy tale.

Hobbes said that man and life is "nasty, brutish/violent, and short". He said the reason you lock your chests and carry firearms is because people are terrible. If you were gonna put that in modern terms, why does everything you own need a password to it? If people were angels you wouldn't need the police. He even says that if someone is more powerful than you then kill them in their sleep. Violence, to him, was a fundamental aspect of humanity

lol it's alright. We have pretty good metaphysics plus we have no problem accepting dinosaurs or evolution

Who the fuck is this?

Yes and I do believe choosing is a fundamental aspect of humanity. To say that we can not choose to better is a dangerous road to go down. Fortunately, we are human and have the ability to appreciate the higher good(s). That's I personally don't accept the argument that just because you're poor you had to be violent and commit crimes

Indeed. For instance, there are a lot of examples of good princes and kings thorough the history. Immaculate proof that power doesn't necessarily corrupt. All that ended up happening with them was they were either assassinated, banished or imprisoned by people that wanted to rule with an iron fist.

As we look at history, we can find that murder wasn't always a crime. Because at some point people killed each other more often. Then someone had the idea, that killing is a bad thing.

If one says "I am corrupt, therefore everyone is as corrupt", he is but a fool that fails to see the events that led him to be corrupt in the first place. He lacks self critique and thinks everyone would do the same. And he might even recognize that everyone's different, but doesn't see his own foolishness.

The western philosophy consists of old drunks that hated everyone. But on a wider scale there is much wisdom to be found in philosophy.

Some atheist; Christ or whatever.

I do believe thst Augustine's view of "libido dominandi" holds true. That people lust for power over others. We see this is even in psycho-sexual studies and most prevalent in women "wanting to be dominated in bed". Even if they're good rulers, the fact that certain liberties are surrendered to them does lead to a certain amount of unwanted coercion. Even if done on accident. There can be good rulers but usually they're those that govern the least

When it comes to murder, I would say that there is visceral repulsion against it. The instinctive drive of self preservation exists regardless if it's against the law or not (the natural law theory)

Yeah there is something when it comes to saying everyone is corrupt and evil. But I think it's a natural human instinct to mistrust others and not give them the benefit of the doubt. The easiest example I can point to of this is if you're talking to a girl on a dsting website let's say. If you immediately ask to come to her house, she's gonna say no. She's gonna want to meet in a neutral area that's safe to grab a coffee or drink. It's just instinctual that people aren't the best and there must be a level of mistrust

Yes

There was also a book recently published by Jesse Walker called "The United States of Paranoia". It takes a sociological view of conspiracies and paranoia. Pretty much conspiracies, even if they're not true, say a lot about the culture/society itself. It does give pretty good insight that conspiracy theories are not of the fringe and play an integral role into people. Very interesting read if you're into history and conspiracy theories

No but it proves god likes faggots a lot more than monotheists think

B is like 0,1% of all humanity at best
it proves only that your stupid exaggerations need to end

Dude, that wasn't even the point . Shut the fuck up with your political garbage, you retarded little cunt.

No you're thinking of /mlp/ my man.

"Every relationship is a power struggle", as Mr. Robot put it. Yes. Anthony de Mello spoke "You're a dictator, I'm a dictator" in one of his conventions. Yes.

Lust for power isn't necessarily bad itself, if your lust is characterized by others demands. But as we see the modern power structure working, it's more of a lust for power for your own demands. Your own view of the world becomes more important than those you're supposed to govern, therefore resulting in a bad leader after another.

Plato can be considered as one of the founding fathers to the idea of modern democracy, but his mentor, Socrates, hated the very idea. Socrates knew that people would be stupid enough to choose themselves stupid leaders. People are stupid. People are animals.

But people can get smart. People can give up primal instincts, if they so desire and choose. If something is sad, it is that there's always the ability to choose better, but people are lazy and stubborn out of their own will. No one's perfect, but perfection is still the best goal for us to achieve. Otherwise life is but empty and meaningless.

People end up usually wanting more and more out of the world, when the energy should be centered around wanting more and more from yourself. Because you deserve nothing if you give nothing.

If we were to practice the same principles on our leaders, there wouldn't be these dicks flying in and out of office.

No, human were disgusting evil degenerates for over 150,000 years before Sup Forums

The fact that conspiracy theories exist point out to them actually existing in other forms. People are constantly made afraid of things with news and other media. In America this has especially affected the people. The general mistrust has grown so far that everyone thinks of the other as a murderer, rapist, psychopath, terrorist or generally assumes the worst. On the scene of politics there are only two kinds of lies being spread; the ones supporting leftist agenda and the ones supporting rightist agenda. But they are both liars, that give power to each others lies. Of course there is a third party that gains something from this. It would be illogical that the greediest of us wouldn't use such an opportunity to hide behind the ruckus.

I say people greatly misjudge the power of the mafias today.

I absolutely do think you're hitting onto a truth of all humanity which is that we can and should expect better from ourselves. For one of the great things about humanity is that we can improve ourselves. I'm just as cautious against people who say we are just an agrogate of chemicals. That's how true evil is allowed is when we just say "well it's in their nature to be bad and we cannot hold them accountable." I do believe not holding people to principles of betterment does create the worst archetypal person. One that is brutish and forgoes reason & logic. Reason and logic being man's natural ability to rise above the animal kingdom and be better

I don't personally care for Plato, like Shakespeare, I think he's over hyped and is criminally overrated compared to others. Even Aristotle gave a defense of why humans are better than animals. Heidegger did the same thing in his metaphysics (he's another I believed he's deeply flawed in his love of Hegel and Schopenhauer when it comes to the state and society)

That's because people love power and holding dominion over them. I have a great distrust and I flip the safety on my rifle when they say they want to do something for my own good. There should be a deep seated mistrust and resentment against altruism. Just as Ayn Rand, whatever you think of her it doesn't matter, said as an example would be like telling someone that you're marrying them for your own good and that you personally have no interest in the matter. On a basic level it's very insulting and controlling. But it's definitely healthy to be weary of those who hold power over you. Legitimate control, McDonald's or Apple for as powerful as they are cannot send goons to my house and make me buy their products. The government on the other had will ultimately send men with guns to my house and throw me in a cage against my will if I don't cut my grass