Ween Thread

Gener said that he felt the two best Ween albums are The Mollusk and Quebec. Do you agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EI7vi3pn35A
youtube.com/watch?v=KxJQhfiZVm4
youtube.com/watch?v=OLDFPGcLuWw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc88fkCrXs
ween.net/ween-faq.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No but I can kind of understand where he's coming from.
The Mollusk is my third favorite behind Pure Guava which is behind The Pod. Quebec ranks 5th for me.

i thought he didn't like Quebec because it's depressing

Depends on what day you ask me.
After watching them perform the Mollusk in its entirety I was definitely feeling that it was their best. But I feel that it doesn't quite have the longevity of The Pod or Pure Guava which id probably say are my two favorite. But it doesn't really matter which one is the best. Every ween album is absolutely amazing, all for different reasons, and when I don't feel like listening to an album I download a show off archive and listen to that because without question they are the best live band out there right now.
Ween is love. Ween is life.

The Pod =Pure Guava > The Mollusk > quebec = Chocolate and Cheese > GodWeenSatan > 12 Golden Country Greats > White Pepper > La Cucaracha

Yes I do, was it him who said the only album he was ever confident about was The Mollusk?

there is no best. they have a worst, but no best

Id agree
I think its more its very personal, and it was hard on him

The worst Ween album is like the smallest piece of gold.
I'd say it has no bad tracks either whereas even white pepper has one super meh track (falling out)

yeah that's what I mean. I could have sworn he said it was too dark and it brings him back to a bad point in his life. It could have been Deaner but that wouldn't make as much sense.

No but I mean maybe he still feels strongly connected to it, despite it being so hard on him

Falling Out is great. If I had to pick a weak White Pepper song it'd be Stroker Ace.

Yep.

Have you ever heard the demo for stroker ace? It's fucking sick. Sounds like a ministry track.

In every Ween thread it's people arguing over their best album, best song, etc. This is a testament to how amazing Ween is. Every song that is hated by someone is loved by someone else. They have something for everyone. Truly one of the greats.

>performing live with cum stains on shirt
how embarrassing.

Lately people have finally come out to say they like Buenas Tardes Amigos. Made me feel pretty good since that's one of my favorite tracks off of C&C.

Why haven't there been any interviews with Gene since the reunion? it makes me kinda sad to see that dean and gene don't really hang out outside of the shows too.

How could you not love that song
It's minimalism at its finest. The guitar solo is orgasmic

That's papa Gene Ween motherfucker!

C&C is not my favourite but it's probably their most consistent, not a single bad track

They're fucking amazing. Also they have the best fans ever.

It makes me wonder if they're just doing this to get the funding for Shinola Vol. 2

jesus people have been coming out to say that? it's by far one of the best songs on C&C and that's my fav album by them

I'm sure they had the money before. Considering Gener did 2 solo projects and Deaner did 1.

Post your favorite b-sides
youtu.be/EI7vi3pn35A

white pepper and golden country greats both do not have any weak tracks on them so i would say they are objectively the best. mollusk has pink eye. quebec i would say is flawless except for zoloft which is one of the few ween songs i dont particularly care for.

Quebec is 5th for me as well. Maybe even 6th as I enjoy 12 GCG more.

>quebec
>has so many people in the neighborhood and fucked jam
>you choose Zoloft as the one you don't like.

So Many People is great.

so many many people in the neighborhood is one of the best on the album. fucked jam is one of the weaker but its in no way bad

So many people is alright. Not terribly interesting but not a bad track.
Fucked Jam is pretty weak.

This one is awesome. I don't know why.
youtube.com/watch?v=KxJQhfiZVm4

If The Fucked Jam had more variation I could see it being pretty awesome.

I always thought Zoloft was one that everyone loved. It's very relatable desu
Pink Eye is also a great tune

So Many People and Happy Colored Marbles are two songs that I can always tell if I will like their tastes if they like them. I do not like your taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLDFPGcLuWw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc88fkCrXs

It's Gener talking about the state of Arab/Israeli relations sped up and thrown through so many effects, that it becomes completely indecipherable. What's not to like?

So Many People seems to be a toss up on here, but Happy Colored Marbles seems pretty universally liked with a couple people hating it here and there.

Among His Tribe is the best Ween song.

It's essentially the same drum/bass line and vocal nonsense for 3 straight minutes. It's boring. Actively following it gets you nowhere so really the only value it has is background noise while you're deep in thought or something.

No, the best are The Pod and The Mollusk. Quebec is good but overrated

No, not even close.

Confirmed for not liking Quebec

Quebec is alright, but that song isn't really a standout Ween song by any means.

Like said, Quebec is overrated.

Does anyone like the pre-GodWeenSatan stuff? I've listened to a few, but none of them made any impression on me.

it's a good driving song though. I really enjoy it, it's lowkey a banger, but it is no doubt the weakest on the album, even though it's still good

I thought it was some sound preset on a synthesizer being looped?

Yeah I was actually going to mention it being a good driving song, but left that out. That's one of the only instances where I won't skip it, assuming I'm not at a stand-still in traffic.

Axis Bold as Boognish is great. Synthetic Socks and Crucial Squeegie Lip seem more like them fucking around in their room, recording whatever the fuck and throwing it on a tape, rather than an actual album. Live Brain Wedgie is a live album, and it's alright, except it can be kind of frustrating when a song is 2 minutes and they spend the first 1:30 talking to the audience, then play some 30 second song. I guess that was just kind of their style, just starting out, though. Haven't heard Erica Peterson's Flaming Crib Death.

They could just be fucking with us, but that's what they said in the faq, so I'm going with it.
ween.net/ween-faq.html

Dean has stated in the past that he thinks it's one of the best but he never listens to it. It's the one he says he will probably never listen to after recording

They had a giant ass falling out. Dean still parties and shit but Gene doesn't. I think they like each other but will never really be best friends again

such a weird band. I love some of there songs and despise some others.

Love happy colored marbles. Just not the biggest fan of so many people.

I like everything they've done, but the country album will always be my favorite.

Which do you despise? I don't actively hate any Ween track, at most I just don't like them.

Idk. I feel like they have never been better as a unit than they are now. They are absolutely killing it out there, and Gener has said that there's always been ups and downs in their friendship. They've been friends since they were 15

PATRICIAN OPINION COMING THROUGH

Quebec > The Pod > The Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > White Pepper >>> LC >>>>> The rest >>>>>>>> Pure Guava

Haha fuck you

step aside peasants, TRUE patrician Ween fan coming through. This is their best song, prove me wrong fags

>dean and gene don't really hang out outside of the shows too
sauce? that makes me sad

brown as fuck

Shit opinion. Pure Guava is great.

It's not really like that though. Gener is sober, it's not because of dean than Vancouver 2011 happened and I'm sure Gener is smart enough to know that.