Tfw user said Brady is better than Montana near me

>tfw user said Brady is better than Montana near me
> user conveniently forgets that Montana played in an era where they didn't pad and over protect QB stats

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-12-01/sports/8802210313_1_bears-linemen-gary-fencik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>worshipping your grandpas QB and claiming your grandpas rings

holy jej nannerfags are pathetic as fuck. If you werent even alive for the '94 season you should delete this thread. Post pic of your timestamped drivers license.

Instead he played in an era without a salary cap or free agency which allowed for teams to be stacked on both sides of the ball.

>pre-salary cap era

>user conveniently forgets the 49ers were stacked as fuck due to no salary cap

49ers were shit before Montana, which was also the salary cap era you doofus

non-salary cap era* before you sperg

anyways my point being salary cap era is extremely overplayed, raiders, packers, and dolphins all won with low budget payrolls.

and then Steve Young won an owl

>Joe system qb confirmed

yeah, an owl, montana won 4.

yeah, 4 owls, brady won 5.

Not the same system though. Young won it under Mike Shanahan's offense.

Doesnt matter in the end though because Brady cemented his status last night. As a nanner even i will admit it.

Montana played before the pay cap with the greatest WR of all time for all his wins.

Tom Brady hasn't played with a single hall of fame player other than Moss for one year during his twilight.

so did Bradshaw but you don't see Shittsburgh trying to prop him up.

former players and analysts are coming out of the woodwork to say Brady is the GOAT

accept it.

o, im another guy. i thought brady was better too. I'm just saying salary cap is a meme excuse.

there's the same level of parity today as there was back then.

someteams are always shit(browns, jaguars, rams)

someteams are always good(patriots, packers, steelers)

i mean fuck, joe gibb's redskins won 3 championships with 3 very different rosters and 3 non hall of fame qbs.

Montana finished his run with the 49ers in 1992. The salary cap was introduced in 1994.

Get fucked, nigger.

read this faggot
Bradshaw wasn't as good as Montana. I'm not sure what your point is. And I already said Brady was better. You patfags are retarded

>someteams are always shit(browns, jaguars, rams)
>someteams are always good(patriots, packers, steelers)

Are you 12? The Patriots sucked until Brady, and the Rams had "the greatest show on turf" from 1999 to 2001. The Browns were great back in the day (now the Ravens, which are still good).

Come on, man.

but the browns were good and the packers were shit when joe montana played, you stupid little cuck

>read this faggot
Oh, so you backpedaled and then made some shitty excuse? Gotcha.

uh-huh whatever. backpeddle as much as you need to OP
5>4

they were decent enough with Bledsoe

rams have not made the playoffs since 2004. If the salary cap era really created perfect parity they would have become good again.

When I said always I meant always in this generation.

packers have been a good team since the mid 90's almost every year, shouldn't the salary cap make them shit for 5+ years?

I'm not op idiot, how did I back pedal?

Salary cap has greatly helped the parity of the league, just look at the NFC winners since 2000

The only reason the AFC has been so hilariously dominated by 3 teams is those teams all have HOF QBs the entire time

>decent enough
They were 5-11, on their way to another 5-11 season until the GOAT dragged them to the Superbowl to devastate the Rams.

NFC North is always lel packers win and seahawks have been to 3 super bowls in a 10 year span. Rams have not made the playoffs since 2004. Cowboys have not been to an nfccg since 1995. Lions have not won a playoff game since 1991.

nice try though

>When I said always I meant always in this generation.
No, when you said always you meant you were 12, and this era is all you can remember.

>These two teams with hilariously dysfunctional front offices haven't won anything so the salary cap doesn't mean anything

Your point being?

nice projection faggot

He's a Head Coach babby, just like Brady.

>projection
You don't know what this word means. You also don't know what "always" means.

49ers were bad during the non-salary cap era and they were good during the salary cap-era

salary-cap doesn't create parity, good management does. Thats why the pats always win, brady helps, but they are a very well run organization.

Walsh, then Siefert. So, no.

yes, you're projecting that I don't know anything when I know the history of the league very well and are arguing semantics rather than the main points of my argument.

explain to me why a small market team like the royals and cardinals have won world series this decade in a "money" driven sport but in the nfl pats have dominated in a "sport with perfect parity"

>
>>worshipping your grandpas QB and claiming your grandpas rings
>
>holy jej nannerfags are pathetic as fuck. If you werent even alive for the '94 season you should delete this thread. Post pic of your timestamped drivers license.
Must I remind you that Sup Forums is an 18+ website?

>one owl under Seifert, a Walsh protege, Seifert's first year
>roster and playbook 100% compiled by Walsh

Next you'll tell me that Mike Tomlin doesn't owe his ring entirely to Bill Cowher.

Because Tom Brady is literally the GOAT with the greatest coach in the history of the game. You don't need more than that.

If you really think the salary cap is meaningless, then why have the patriots consistently avoided top dollar talent in favor of discount players like former qbs?

>Bill Cowher=Bill Walsh

Cowher was a good coach sure, but he was there a long time and has only one ring to show for it. Better than Tomlin IMO but he didnt set the team up for an easy mode championship like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Walsh.

I said the salary cap doesn't create as much parity as people think, not that it doesn't exist. Obviously they can't buy anyone they want but, even in the pre salary cap era EVERY team had the benefit of no salary cap, it's not like the 49ers were playing with a handicap. Still a level playing field.

>but he didnt set the team up for an easy mode championship like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Walsh
Walsh and Johnson weren't contending with the salary cap. Point stands that Tomlin is an average coach who had the good fortune of landing a great job thanks to Cowher (and Lebeau's defense).

>EVERY team had the benefit of no salary cap, it's not like the 49ers were playing with a handicap. Still a level playing field.
The "benefit of no salary cap" is nowhere close to even across the board. That's why the big dogs of the NFC dominated in the 80s and early 90s, when money started pouring into the League unevenly.

Cowboys built a dyansty through the greatest trade ever and through the draft. 49ers built a dyansty through a revolutionized offense. Bears won a championship with a defense no one at the time knew how to defend.

Give me a break.

>thinking that the fact that all of them were among the highest payrolls in the League had nothing to do with it

also Joe Gibb's redskins 3 championship teams had tons of literally who's. People give Bellichick credit for winning with spare parts but Gibbs did almost as well.

Citation needed for the bears having the highest payroll

>also Joe Gibb's redskins 3 championship teams had tons of literally who's
They were one of the biggest spending teams. They were 4th in payroll in 1990. All of the big city NFC teams back then were high on the list (Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Bears, 49ers).

>Citation needed for the bears having the highest payroll
Never said they were THE highest, but again, they were high on the list.
>The Bears ranked fifth among 28 NFL teams in average player salary in 1987
articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-12-01/sports/8802210313_1_bears-linemen-gary-fencik

>Montana played in an era when the QB wasn't as instrumental in team success

I don't believe this is helping his case

actually a cool read thanks, but it's kinda murky on the details on actual payroll, but it did say the jets and pats were among the highest in salary per player when at the time neither franchise was good.