British big is not big

Bump

green day
white stripes

Green Day
blink-182
Fall Out Boy
Paramore

All still relevant and moving units and selling out shows.

>Green Day
>Blink 182
>Fallout Boy
>relevant
Is this 2006?

N
O
N
A
G
O
N

Still moving units and maintaining large fanbases.

Still played on rock radio.

>and maintaining large fanbases
Maybe 10 years ago.
>Still played on rock radio
Their old shit maybe, nobody cares about whatever FOB has put out recently.

Don't try to fight against facts user.

They still have large fanbases and get played on radio.

They still tour and sell out shows.

Just accept it, denial isn't healthy.

New blink album debut at number 1 on billboard.
Same with the 2 recent FoB albums.

Just accept it.

*ahem*

I bet you think the Rolling Stones were still relevant in the 1990s because they sold out stadiums.

Nine Inch Nails

He's a paid PR shill for Green Day. Don't give him serious replies.

replying to your own post is poor form

Found the Linkin Park shill.

Probably. I've never heard anyone talk about Fallout Boy since Bush was president.

Nickelback

Samefag

go home shill

Are Fallout Boy even still together? I know Green Gay has a new shitty album out.

>45 year old millionaires who live in Beverly Hills still pretending to be greasy 19 year old punk rockers in a garage in Berkeley

ebin take

upvoted

Stop trying so hard

more than half of how are yours still, samefaggot

You have to admit it's pretty embarrassing to have a bunch of 45 year old millionaires who live in Beverly Hills still pretending to be greasy 19 year old punk rockers in a garage in Berkeley.

Green Day had the last major blockbuster rock album, so I'm going to going with them.

The strokes?

>Green Day
>Blink 182
Old as fuck, so they can't be "the last"
>Fall Out Boy
>Paramore
Highest selling albums are like 2x platinum
They aren't even close to being as big a LP

Blink 182 went to shit after Tom left to chase ayylmao

I would agree with OP until you remembered the Arctic Monkeys.
Dude, RHCP is so old, they used to tour with Nirvana.

Rest in peace chester bennington. your music and voice has gotten me through hard times. thank you chester and rock on in the afterlife

>rock

It's pop.

i know you are an obvious newfag / false flagging cunt with your username but thank you for actually being positive and not trying to get a reaction ouf of nerds

Yeah this. Rock in any form hasn't been mainstream for nearly 10 years. You can make an argument like this but at the end of the day all those people are their old fans or tumblr/internet kids, Green Day are pretty much in their death throes and no one really likes their new music, none of those bands are making new fans. Kids in middle school aren't losing their shit over them in masses like they're the coolest thing ever and talking about how relatable their lyrics are. The only music acts that come close these days are 21 Pilots and a couple soundcloud rappers like xxxtentacion.

Last big rock band was the White Stripes. They hit mainstream in 2003 or so, LP was closer to 2000.

I don't know. Imagine Dragons is considered a rock band. They've been number one on the billboard enough times. And they're pretty fucking big right now. I don't even listen to that trash. I just wanted to point out how OP is a fucking fag.

No
Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Cage the elephant, Imagine Dragons, and Twenty one pilots are all huge right now.

If you think about real big rock bands there's queen, led zeppelin, pink floyd and whatnot. Some arctic monkeys or queens of the stone age bullshit don't even come close. No other band since Oasis has come close to the biggest rock bands.

>t.britbong
oasis wunt shit in the states senpai

>Dude, RHCP is so old, they used to tour with Nirvana
They used to tour with 80s punk bands back in the real early days.

>The only music acts that come close these days are 21 Pilots and a couple soundcloud rappers like xxxtentacion
Maybe Tame Impala.

American Idiot was the soundtrack for an entire generation's high school experience but nobody cares about Revolution Radio and nobody can name a song from it.

Linkin Park were corporate rock of the worst kind.

Actually Blink 182 weren't even relevant anymore in 2006, they had stopped being relevant about three years earlier.

Who gives a fuck about the states. Every good band ever has come from england: beatles, rolling stones, queen, david bowie, oasis, black sabbath, led zeppelin, motörhead, iron maiden, deep purple, pink floyd etc etc etc so shut the fuck up

Because our music industry is, and will ALWAYS be bigger than yours. In order to be big you have to be big in the states

>Every good band ever has come from england
what about the rolling stones?

The size of the industry is irrelevant when it's a commonly acknowledged fact that every great rock band ever has come from england. The Beatles is the best selling artist ever. The closest thing you guys have to bands like beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, pink floyd or queen is fucking eagles, and who the fuck cares about eagles? They have barely sold 150 million records when beatles is way past half a billion already. So there goes your size of the music industry -argument you ignorant piece of shit.

An ok bait because i answer: rolling stones is an english band

Garth Brooks outsold your fag Beatles, remember that?

as a /fa/g, there are so many wrong things happening here in this photo

He hasn't sold anywhere near half a billion albums outside of america (which he'd need to beat beatles) where no one's even heard of the dude. He's sold barely over 100 million in the states and that's it. Beatles is nearing a billion records sold. Yes he has 7 diamond albums but he's nowhere near the beatles' numbers in overall sales.

Also: who gives a fuck about some country bullshit? absolutely no one. Beatles changed the world and still continues to do so, what the fuck has garth brooks ever done other than entertain some drunk texas hillbillies? What a joke.

(not true by the way)
Beatles: 270 million
Garth Brooks: 160 million

BTFO

I got to admit I'm going to miss Linkin park

I listen to them throughout middle school their music got me so hyped.

RIP chester

>twenty one pilots

The Killers?

No one in this thread managed to prove OP wrong. Linkin Park released their debut in the 21st century and were relevant until Chester died.
They sold 77 million records and no rock band of the 21st century has even come close. If you want relevant 2010's rock bands that'll have to be Ghost,Tame Impala or Cage the elephant or Twenty one pilots (if you can consider them rock)

I forgot Arctic Monkeys,they are also big as fuck

Imagine the Dragon

21 pilots literally have multiple videos with billions of views on youtube how is that not "big"?\

>inb4 album sales

lol ok grandpa

a lot of people ITT listing pop groups as rock bands for some reason

No one gives a crap about 21 faggots. This thread is about rock, not some gay loser shit.

N.B
If the guitars aren't blaring then it's not a rock band. I don't care if they have those instruments in their hand. Coldplay doesn't Rock

Nowhere near as big as big rock bands. They are barely mediocre in terms of fame, recognition and star power. Think about led zeppelin and then think about arctic monkeys, 21 pilots or whatever else you may be thinking, and say you're sorry for putting them in the same bracket.

Pearl Jam.

Arcade Fire

haha, good ones. now leave

Arcade Fire were fucking HUGE at one point. They were on SNL more than a few times and even had their own 30-minute special on NBC. They've played gigantic sold-out shows and whatnot. They're not just some tiny little p4k-approved indie band anymore.

Pearl Jam had massive fame as well.
But Pearl Jam sucks.

What I'm interested in knowing now is what's going to happen to them now that Chester's dead. Will they keep going or will they call it quits? I find it very unlikely that they'll be able to pull an AC/DC and find a new vocalist to bring them back to the top.

>Twenty One Pilots
>Arctic Monkeys