When is the next 28 film? Seriously the lack of good zombie movies is pissing me off

When is the next 28 film? Seriously the lack of good zombie movies is pissing me off.

Give me your best zombie films Sup Forums. Also discuss why 28 weeks later was the best film of the genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYzvQDSitAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>zombies
reeee

They'll probably do a 28 years later movie once it's been that long since the original
We're already halfway there

>average guy wakes up from a coma. Barely survived without the girl that finds him.
>weak as shit, and dumb as shit
>last 30 minutes of the film he turns into Rambo and is able to improvise a plan that involves killing a group of army men, avoiding the huge number of zombies and using a firearm to kill a group of people, let alone one.

Yeah why is this """""flick"""" good again?

>disease spreads like wildfire
>infected die off within months
>ending of 28 weeks showed Europe get infected

in 28 months the outbreak would have taken over and died back multiple times already

because he's a fucking white male

>huge number of zombies
all two of em?

>Also discuss why 28 weeks later was the best film of the genre.
Are you being funny? 28 Weeks doesn't hold a fucking candle to 28 Days and that's not the best the genre has to offer either.

28 weeks later made me mad as fuck

It was so fucking shit , i hope they never do another ever again

You should really watch the movie. It's actually pretty good.

>we're already halfway there

>be soldier
>only have to fight diseased people with no guns
>loot a mansion and live in opulent splendor there
>28 days of this turns you into a rapist

The majority of people who joins the army are a bunch of violent psychopaths. So this isn't really a stretch.

>character becomes stronger and more adept at handling his situation as the film progresses
Is the concept of character development that strange to you user?

28 weeks later was absolute garbage

Ask me how I know your American

>28 Weeks Later was the best film of the genre
Because of this post existing we don't deserve good zombie movies.

The parts where he's just wandering around are cool. When he's traveling with people it's also all right, with decent spookiness and 'world is ded' ambience.

But I think that the movie becomes a weird clusterfuck once they find the soldiers. That part of the script was changed a bunch of times and I think it shows. What happens barely makes sense and it's hard to see it as a logical continuation of what comes before. 28 Days Later really isn't a great movie in my eyes because it has nothing to say worth hearing, just a vague point along the lines of
>I wonder who the real monsters are
or some nonsense like that.

Forced repopulation of the entire British Isles was the only logical course of action to take in that situation. You'd have to be a total pussy like that one sergeant to disagree.

Was this a metaphor for the Middle East or something lame like that? Their skeptic/conscientious-objector/hippie soldier just made the issue even more confusing. What is it that made this guy not completely lose his reason and what was the director trying to say by it?

The movie seemed to go out of its way to just make them seem kind of stupid and misled rather than actually being fucked up people though.

I like your commitment to bumping threads that are actually about movies but shitposting isn't necessary

Back to you you fucking faggot. What makes 28 Weeks Later so great to you? It's garbage. The genre was built on siege tension and character driven, stage-like drama. 28 Weeks Later is a disaster movie with contrived a contrived dramatic subplot that goes nowhere.

The best zombie movie made in recent memory is easily Maggie (2015) starring MOTHERFUCKING AHNOLD of all people. The movie did some great stuff with the premise and used Arnie in a really interesting way. I was really impressed.

28 Days was almost okay, but there's too much about it that I don't like. 28 Weeks almost made me leave the theater.

I don't know why it's so hard to make a good zombie movie. I haven't seen one that I liked yet. I love zombies and I love zombie games, but zombie shows and movies always miss the mark so hard.

ask me how i know english isn't your first language

It came out pretty recently fampai

28 Weeks Later was so stupid.

>hey, we have the last known infected
>lets put her in a room without security, so that anyone can come and visit her

There was security, husband had clearance that's all. Still pretty stupid to leave her unguarded though I agree.

>There was security
>pretty stupid to leave her unguarded

>chinkshit

Is that Korean? That poster looks like they're going for a disaster movie style, which I can't stand.

Zombie media can either work on character drama or well executed horror. These are both hard things to do so most faggots just try to turn the genre into a soap-opera or a disaster movie.

George Romero did fantastic character drama, Lucio Fulci is in my opinion not quite but admirably close to being one of Italy's great horror directors. Nobody else with a remarkable amount of talent has really tried the genre in a big way. There are exceptions of course (Return of the Living Dead for example) but in my opinion most zombie media is bad due to a failure to address these two elements.

The real stupid logic in 28 Weeks Later was

>hey, we have the rights to make a 28 Days Later sequel, how do we approach this
>lets make 60 minutes of kids feeling anxious about not having their mom around and then 40 minutes of people running around screaming while chasing a helicopter

Trailer looks good. Is there a watchable rip somewhere?

Yeah, some civil fucking engineer or whatever the fuck was his profession, has an access to a containment chamber with the most terrible virus in recent human history.

28 Weeks Later is such a fucking garbage on so many levels.

It's korean but it's not disaster at all. Most of the action happens within a train.
It was honestly an unexpected gem. It does everything 28 days later did just as right.

>it's a 'plebs still think 28 days is better than 28 weeks' thread

>security only takes the form of armed men standing in front of a door

Don`t try so hard.

>most of the action happens within a train
That actually sounds pretty interesting. I think I'll look for this one.

I don't mind shitposting if it's in threads that are actually about movies. Unless that faggot's sageing he's keeping up bumped.

I'd prefer if people just posted images every now and then but whatever keeps us from being slid into oblivion by capeshit and politics isn't completely bad.

They both have problems. Nobody really knows how to end a zombie movie.

We both saw the movie. You even made the same complaint with a synonym.

>Zombie media can either work on character drama or well executed horror. These are both hard things to do so most faggots just try to turn the genre into a soap-opera or a disaster movie.
Exactly. There's so much you can do with zombambos and they just don't really bother with it.

It is a disaster, but I did like the one scene where they shot on people and zombies together because they weren't able to tell the difference with them all mixed together. The music was spot on, as well as the concept for the scene. It was a little weak on the execution though.

>lets evacuate everyone into one room
>lets not secure the room, so zombies can't get in

どうやって?

Your complaint was that, I quote, "anyone can come and visit her".
That's factually not true, she was in a secure facility, it just happened that one of the people they trusted with her wasn't so trustable after all.

I was really confused about that part. How exactly did the zombie get in. Did it bust through a weak point or was their safety bunker thing loaded with side-entrances?

Was the door even locked? I have some vague memory of it just pushing open the door, no breaking the glass and crawling through or anything.

My complaint was that nobody was watching the room with the last known infected in it. so anybody could pop in and say hello.

weeks was garbage

Not him, if it were up to me if we decided not to destroy the last one they'd be behind layers and layers of stuff utterly impenetrable by hands alone. Steel doors with guns behind steel doors with guns and all that.

Also not in a population centre. Somewhere where they'd need to cross fuckhuge open fields to get anywhere relevant.

Opening sequence was kino though.

That was rather good, true.

Second-best role behind Eragon desu

28 weeks is almost the exact same as resident evil two. very similar. 28 weeks is a better film though.

I am over the zombie stuff. The popularity of the walking dead tv series and countless other shows jumping on the zombie train just killed it for me. My wife was excited for the walking dead show because she read all the graphic novels and like aolt of folks who read them she was pointing shit out that was different, wrong, or just didnt happen. We watched alot of it but after awhile we lost intetest. We tried getting into z nation (? Idk if thats the name but something like that) but we just couldnt.

I can see why people love this stuff and eat it all up though.

>My wife
get out

But that was retarded. You're telling me there wasn't at least one guard stationed there to watch for infected brit bongs? Not one?

Everyone had to be retarded to facilitate 28 Weeks Later, but there's gotta be a limit.

>We're already halfway there

jesus christ what happened to the time

i used to have 0 responsibilities...

>played Dying Light
>game is ok, but makes me wanna watch zombie movies
are there any that deal with survival? They all seem to be action packed horrors. and that's fine, but I'd like something about survival

Opening sequence of Weeks was pure 10/10 Zombiekino, I heard that's the only scene Danny Boyle directed, is that true?

I love 28 Days and it's probably my favourite zombie movie, even when they get to the mansion. There's a constant sense of dread and unease and no other zombie flick I've seen has been able to emulate that.

Extinction the GMO chronicles
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYzvQDSitAs

Project Zomboid
7 Days to Die

Other than that there really aren't that many that are even average.