Anyone here joined the Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force?

Anyone here joined the Army/Navy/Marines/Air Force?

Is it worth it?

I did. It was worth it.

Nah not worth joining all of them, pick one

I joined and I'm waiting to leave for basic. Worth so far, gave me 5k to sign up.

oh god what branch? I'm Navy
A good rule of thumb is if there is a signing bonus it's dogshit

What mos/equivalent got you the bonus?

Pilot here. Currently flying a mission over the East China sea. The jets practically fly themselves.

AMA

Please explain?

What branch?

Signing bonus means they need more bodies.
If they need more bodies it means it's undermanned. If it's undermanned it means people don't stay in because it's dogshit.
Depends on job/branch tbh

I just heard from Uncle Sam
He gonna send me to VietNam
If I die in that combat zone
Box me up and send me home
Lay my rifle cross my chest
Tell my Mom I done my best.

Not worth it user

No its not worth it,

but i want to be a meat sheild for fake wars

go away Boys

sometimes this is true. otherwise, they cannot find enough recruits that scored 80+ on the ASVABS.

If you join and get a guaranteed job, then get out in four years you will be okay.

There's some political bs like anywhere
Overall I'd do it again
Benefits out way negative
Usaf 1w0x2

It's worth it if you pick something that gives you options after you leave. Do something STEM related. I know a lot of the Navy guys are really excited about the new cryptology rates. I did research as well about the nuke program and if you're capable enough and work really fucking hard you can get jobs going out of it starting at like 90-100k. You don't need a degree, and there is a whole network and forum of former nukes recruiting after you get out. But, the program is really grueling. Lots of work, lots of studying for years. It's up to you, just be smart about the rate you pick unless you intend to have a career and stay in past your first 5 years.

There are times when it's really worth it and even necessary. Something to be proud of.

This is not one of those times.

I scored 83 and went nuke in the Navy.
worst decision of my life don't ever go nuke.

recruiter fag detected

sir Yes Sir !
lol

If you go anywhere, and want a killer job afterwards, make it the NAVY or AIR FORCE. I was a submariner for 5 years, I advanced really fast in pay because no one wants submarine duty (you have to explicitly volunteer for it) and then got a six figure salary after leaving.

If you volunteer for nuclear engineering jobs, you'll make about 300k a year after you get out. Just be good at math, no criminal record and youre a shoo-in!

Submarine duty was the best thing i ever did with my life.

Navy too. I'm doing IT in the reserves

see above

We going to war with NK? What about JSOC role in it?

If BS claim then nice bait m8

>Is it worth it?
>dying for israel
sure my cuck friend

Whats wrong with nuke

Samefag again, dont forget youll get 9 grand upfront as a signing bonus guaranteed for submarine duty.

And my one year of A-school was mostly spent in Wrath of the Lich King. Easy day.

No it sucks ass. I retire in two years. Can't wait to smoke week and do normal shit again.

1/3 don't make it through the school. Some academic fail and some psych out. If you're not autistic you're going to have a horrible 2 years.

I was going to go nuke. They almost talked me into it. I scored a 97 but decided to go IT and reserves instead

Theres nothing proud about signing up to hurt innocent people.
WHY ISENT THE MILITARY GOING AFTER CORRUPT OFFICALS, BANKERS, GLOBALISTS ?
nope, just hurting, killing innocent people.

Gay liberal. Get out of the house once in a while.

Smart man. I made it to the end of the school and they failed me when I was passing overall. Now i'm a rated electrician's mate in San Diego fucking latinas. Life is good my bro

You have to REALLY REALLY want it. Prototype is the worst but youll make good money for making it through

The one that flies over the East China sea and shit.

Navy here. Just finished up 4 years (1 deployment), currently in the reserves where every 18yr old out of HS asks me about my short career so I'm willing to talk or answer any questions

This

Those are the ones that sent the military against inocents in foreign lands. Or in extraordinary cases, to defend their fat butts

That's all amerifats can do is hurt brown people. They wouldn't stand a chance against a REAL military like Russia or China

Are you still in training? SC or NY?

thats some shit. civilian electricians make bank tho

You didnt answer my question

Why not?

Go earn a set of these, they're fantastic.

Just dont go aircraft maintanance. fuck that shit man

Dude....why do you do it to yourself? This isn't Vietnam you wannabe hippie. Nobody signs up to "hurt innocent people" and we don't go to boot camp and then right into combat. Actually, most of us probably won't even see combat. Go back to YouTube and watch your Hillary Clinton compilation videos to make yourself feel better.

no
get dolphins
then you never have to see the light of day again

I was in South Carolina from 2015 to early this year.

I can't disclose such sensitive information on such as high traffic website but I can leave interpretive images to serve as food for thought.
>pic related

Army here. Absolutely not worth it. Ill explain more if you actually wanna know

Been in the Navy for nearly two years now. Wasn't sure I'd get in because I'm a bit on the lean side and am still boyish looking and was in the closet, but the Navy won't ever turn down what we call a "salt dump".

pfff
costume jewlrey

Or you can get ESWS so everyone knows you've been on a ship and actually WERE a sailor and not just "in the navy"

Word

Still at prototype, that auck, but same. What class are you? 1701 by chance?

I joined the Navy since my mom was too poor to pay for college. I got out and used the GI bill to go to college. ama

I got my job as an Aviation Maintenance Administrationman. I don't know if I did good or not?

DUDE, WHY KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE ???
U down with that? of course you are, you have no soul....traded it in for a fake ego
All of yas

don't remember power school. 1545M was my A school. fucking autists everywhere at that shithole.

those ARE dolphins, dickhead.
deeper meaning behind it
ESWS cant do my job, ive literally been told by some of them. Eat it.

I'd like to know, why wasn't it worth it? I'm sure when you joined you knew of the benefits, it didn't reach up to your standards?

Navy here.

See the world and tons of gay sex.

I think thats an admin job right? Thats fine. I mean jobs where you turn wrenches on aircraft like crew chiefs and shit

God bless you bubblehead! There is no way in hell I could have served on a sub.

go for airframes ask for vfc-12

Currently in the army, it is what you make of it. Score high on the asvab and take a good MOS and it can really get you on track with bills, getting a car and housing. I was in a bad situation; pregnant wife, no health insurance, minimum wage job and enlisting turned everything around. My best advice is to do your research and dont listen to the naysayers because chances are they have never served or they got kicked out during TRADOC and are salty as fuck because they couldnt hack it.

YES.

I wasn't the best student in high school
>B-C average and 2.5 GPA
So I took a gap year to join the Marine Corps after some careful consideration, and it wasn't the worst thing I've done

It was hard in the beginning, but after I came out of Boot Camp I was deployed in France for about a year before coming home. Currently I am in reserve duty so I can finish College, and the Corps is helping pay for it. So here is my recommendation...

If you have no where left to go, or looking to save even more money for college then I would recomend joining a division. However it isn't something you should go through with if you've already got the means to do college. It is a big time commitment and the decision shouldn't be taken lightly. Once you're in, you're in and there is no going back

Yeppers. Naval Nuclear Power runs on autism, especially the ETs.

Kid avoid Army and Marines at all cost. You Do Not want to see combat. Be me 19 YO Drsftee Pvt E-1 when I arrive in Viet Nam 12 months and years wiser later I leave Viet Nam a Sgt E-5 You figure out why

AYYYY! 5 years on the USS BOISE (ssn764) as a radioman - seen some shit, can never discuss

Also, ask a man who's been to the North Pole anything.

I was a Yeoman. I'm pretty sure your rate is just like mine, but specific to the aviation rates. If I'm correct, then you'll basically do a bunch of correspondence, awards, etc. Easy shit. And advancement is good.

I always found the RC div-ers to be way worse.

Fuck you Forward Area Guy.

This user knows whats up

So you're not a pilot

"There was no one else left to promote"

If realfag, god bless you sir.

I almost got sent to spain for a 6 month rotation, went to NTC for 45 days instead, severely jealous of anyone thats gone to europe.

Silly people playing silly games...

Ten HUT

1 2 1 2 1 2 about face
lol
1 2 1 2 1 2 company poop !

No, fuck you, we fight the ship, you just keep a rock hot!

I joined the Marines. It was worth it.

I remember when the nuke subs would dock in San Diego and they would build that scaffolding around the screw because it was so top secret.

And that's "Coner" to you, asswipe!

Not so much living up to standards. It's more like this- I had a lot of illusions about military life. Joined up for excitement and adventure, make a difference in the world, that kind of thing. Thought I was joining the rebel alliance or something. Turns out im a stormtrooper. I've been around the world more than once, and I've never encountered anyone that was a threat to the American way of life. I have however encountered a whole shit ton of people who were inconveniently encroaching on some companies profits. Seeing things with open eyes tells a completely different story than the one that you get off the internet. I feel like I wasted the prime years of my life for fuck all nothing. I hope I can get out before we end up getting wrapped up in North Korea

Thanks I'll remember that.

If saving thousands of dollars a month every month and extremely nice living conditions and traveling the world, as well as obtaining skills that will land you extremely well paying civilian jobs if/when you get out doesn't sound like your cup of tea then stay FAR THE FUCK away from the AF. Just don't dum dum your asvab and end up security forces or some kind of mechanic. Shoot for IT

The Nuclear route is a bitch though. Literally the most academically difficult program in the millitary.

well thanks a lot for disclosing that information you dumb fuck, now that north korea wants to bomb the united states.
hope youre in california too.

Whether its in the NAVY or AF, IT is what you need to shoot for.

Interesting. What branch did you serve for?

I'm gonna try and be real. And this isn't a knock to the other branches because we all make fun of eachother but I'd like if any of the Army and Marines can vouch for me. Your best bet is Navy.

Army and Marines: Usually stationed in shitty spots. If you see combat, obviously you risk your life and if you survive, you risk PTSD, etc. Plus if you're infantry, it's tough to get out and find a job without going to school. We've heard the stories, but even one of my good friends got out of the Marines in December 2016 and was infantry. He doesn't have any mental shit going on but he didn't learn anything valuable and he was generally a smart guy. Worked security at Walmart, that's about it.

Same with Army. Like I said, I'm not knocking nobody, just hear very little post-military success stories. Of course every branch has IT/Tech related rates/MOS, and those will transfer well. But the Navy doesn't have drivers and other useless shit.

Navy: usually stationed near a big city/ocean. San Diego, Jacksonville, Norfolk (shitty but you can deal), and you can get sweet orders to Italy, Spain, etc. My Marine buddy only went to Kuwait and Korea. Hated both. Also, Navy has a bunch of rates (jobs) that transfer well. Many of the aviation rates transfer well if you explore that area in the civilian world. Admin jobs take you a long way if you have school with it. And any job that allows you to get a secret clearance will set you up.

I got lucky in that I spoke fluent french
>It was arguably my best class and took 3 years
I also scored high on the ASVAB with a 96. So my recruiter told me that I could pretty much join any division in the Corps

Why does the Air Force get such a bad rep for that sort of thing?

Army

I didn't necesarily mean you SHOULD go nuke - just be a forward rate - Navigation, Sonar, Communications(me), Yeoman and Supply.

Army here, dont know about you guys but gay sex is Everywhere man, lockers, mess tent, quarters.
THERES LITTERALLY USED CONDUMS HANGING FROM EVERYWHERE
Wish it would stop

>I know a lot of the Navy guys are really excited about the new cryptology rates.
?????????

HAHAHA. I'm 42 Years old. I went to boot at RTC/NTC San Diego. I got out in 1997. I Think we'll be okay Rambo.

The clearance i received as a submarine radioman was so high, literally the name of it was classified. All i can tell people (and employers love this) is I'm read into Top Secret SCI.

If you go Navy, stay away from MA, engineering shit, and CS. Unless you literally wanna be a police officer, engineer, or cook/chef when you get out, don't do it. They have their own rotation/watch schedule and it's awful. MAs usually get a tour in Bahrain but even when they are stateside, they work weekends because they are the security force.

Was the date of your signing for the bonus the same date as when signing to join? If not you may be saying goodbye to that lol

dumb shit
that can be said of all TS-SCI projects

Yes kid, that's right, Between KIA, WIA, and rotations I was the senior member of my squad at the time 12 month tour, and I made that rank 7 months in. Stay out of Army or Marines. BTW I am proud to have served, but would not want Combat ever again

seamen, submarine, clearence

hmmmm...its starting to add up