Baby Driver

Any of you fucks seen this yet?

Yes, pretty good movie. The main character is also very autistic, which is nice.

didn't know Jamie Foxx could be this good desu

>music

Saw it saturday, it was 7/10, would recommend and possibly watch again
It made me kind of sad tho that this movie is kind of a perfect date movie if you think about it and i went alone at 4 in the afternoon with no friends
Music is fine, mostly an assortment of blues rock and funk/soul music from the 60s and 70s

You'd have to be dating a real Deborah if you think Baby Driver is a good date movie
I don't know a single girl who wouldn't either walk out or be otherwise shocked by how violent this movie is

It was a good date movie for me desu. She loved it.

>too violent
what girls do you know? are they underaged or some shit? baka

100% false. Girls, contrary to popular belief can handle some violence. First date after meeting up for the first time in a year. perfect movie.

Guess so. I haven't dated a girl who could get through Die Hard without at least cringing.

Just got to see it today, what a coincidence. Made me uncomfortable how much I relate to Baby.

I bought an iPod because of this movie.
It was not a wise decision.

The field recordings autism was a nice touch.
>tfw when you already carried two music devices on you at all times

Everyone loves stylized violence.

I always wanted to do that but I don't think I'm autistic enough to carry a tape recorder with me.

>Reddit Driver

Took me all of 2 days to realize 9 times out of 10 I'd rather:
>Use my phone to scrobble tracks and not use a dated-ass interface
>Watch videos instead of listening to music

>"What is it you do?"
>"I baby drive"

What the fuck were you thinking Edgar?

Fuck off back to Sup Forums you stupid faggot

Same, honestly.
>watch videos instead of listen to music
The fuck? I do use my phone as one of my media players though. It's convenient to scrobble from.

I dunno, when I'm cooking, for instance, I find myself wanting to passively listen to / occasionally glance at an episode of The Office before looking for an album to listen to that fits the spirit of "We're taking all the random shit that might taste good and throwing it in a sandwich for the 3rd time this week on a Monday"

I hope that's sarcasm

Is an integral part of the film

Probably not because of the violence

>not listening to cymande albums while cooking

Decent heist movie with a solid soundtrack (they've got a Geogaddi track thrown into the mix). Honestly though if you want a good heist movie you mine as well watch Thief.

Went with my girlfriend and she enjoyed it, and she is quite afraid of violence.

>Shocked by the violence
You know how many girls go and see the latest slasher/horror flicks that come out?

Hell yeah. Another fun movie by Edgar Wright.

>a real Deborah
what does this mean? someone please explain this

Great movie, though not the best one that's been directed by Edgar Wright.

Just a saw it yesterday. 9/10

That long take near the beginning where the backgrounds syncs up to the song is worth the price of admition alone

watch the movie
deborah is baby's gf

4/10
really bad. then again im film major. so i have a high taste for good quality work.

Longest ipod ad I have ever seen
I bought ray-ban sunglasses

post your favorite movies unless this is a shitty bait

what are your favorite movies?

I preferred Baby Driver to Dunkirk.

have plenty. but atm im really obsessed with chris marker's releases.

whats yours?

Slacker

watched it last night with girl
really liked it
try dating someone intelligent

How is it bad?

More importantly, how is it a 4/10 which would be Below Average?

thats a good one. think everybody in that movie was a musician. great dialogue

also forgot to add been revisiting Gregg Araki's releases also.
wacky as doom generation is. feels like it fits our current times lol.

so does Edgar Wright make films in a sort of collage fashion?

like the vibe I got (maybe because of the soundtrack) was that Wright is a person who synthesizes from the hundreds/thousands of artworks he's experiences and so this film felt like a curated project that comes together holistically

he probably knows enough movies for something that's still ok on many levels to not seem worth watching
seems interesting, I'll check em

haven't seen baby driver yet, by /mainstream/ and /music fan/ standards, is it good? I liked High Fidelity

i'll just copypaste what i wrote on Sup Forums earlier
His other films kind of try to put a twist on the genre they are in. They become part parody but then also take the genre seriously and are enjoyable in that way. This never really did that. It didn't provide the same type of commentary on the genre that his other films do and, other than the way it was made, doesn't do anything clever within the genre. The main plot points and how the story develops is quite basic and the romance plot isn't all that developed or interesting. Usually when Edgar Wright deals with movie clichés it is done in a tongue in cheek kind of way but that wasn't the case in this. Thus once you take away the gimmick of having the soundtrack integrated so well in the movie and the cool chase scenes, the movie doesn't really stand out as much. Still a lot of fun tho
its fun to see with friends and family. thats about it for me. Not trying to give it an objective score if anything.

Saw it twice, will buy the DVD.

Holy fuck, if you want to be a film major could you try having your own fucking opinion instead of just parroting Half in the Bag you fucking hack

I agreed on their opinion. sorry it wasnt the answer you wanted :(

Was really good, last 10-15 minutes were horrible though.

This is why no one takes you idiots seriously. Fuck what Wright's done previously, the movie is anything but the 4/10 you gave it just to seem cynical. "Below average" movie that is "a lot of fun".

>"Below average" movie that is "a lot of fun".
im honestly sorry my score has made you mad user. things can be fun but still be below average.
its fine you think its on a higher scale. I do not at this time though.

I think I'm the only person who noticed the short film that the movie's based on while Baby is flipping through the channels

The use of Neat Neat Neat was perfect

I too watch RLM! who said it was a really good film btw you pretentious child

Baby Driver is a sign that the powers that be are going to be winding down the EDM fad and making music with instruments cool again

Shit.

a real human bean

made me lol

Jamie Foxx ruined the movie for me desu.

Sounds like the girls you know are all pussies

this is an ill-thought out opinion, first of all edgar wright's films were never "saying" anything about the genres they're parodying.
>other than the way it was made, doesn't do anything clever within the genre
so basically it does do something clever within the genre? please try to write with coherence
>The main plot points and how the story develops is quite basic
unsubstantiated
>and the romance plot isn't all that developed or interesting
on the contrary there is quite a lot interesting about it. the oedipal undertones for example and how that relates to the strange "family" baby is a part of
>Usually when Edgar Wright deals with movie clichés it is done in a tongue in cheek kind of way but that wasn't the case in this.
except it was and you would have to be tone-deaf not to see this.
>Thus once you take away the gimmick of having the soundtrack integrated so well in the movie and the cool chase scenes, the movie doesn't really stand out as much
you mean when you take away the crux of the film it turns it into a different film? obviously.

please write with more thought next time

you mean music video?

Looooooooooool

Also a film major and thought it was decent

This is how it seemed from the trailer. I love Edgar Wright's other stuff, he's my favorite director, but I'm afraid to see this one because the trailer made it look terrible and I hate that fucking Ansel Elgort guy.

The only bad part was Kevin Spacey's OOC death. Otherwise a super fun film

>Gregg Araki
Only watched Mysterious Skin, which I thought was really good. What are your thoughts on that, and where should I go next if I wanted to explore his work more?

lily james a cute

this

I really liked it a lot. I think it's nice that the main character isn't some perfect infallible confident ladykiller, and the characters were really charismatic, especially Buddy.
I also liked the soundtrack and how the action synced up with it. There were only some things that bothered me, like how this flawless driver stupidly crashes into the car which happens to be Buddy and Darling's just to advance the plot.