Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Oregonfag here, was driving home just now and saw some asshole in a pickup truck swerving all over the damn place, bumped the curb a bunch of times, almost took out a biker, did take out some bushes and a mailbox.

I got his license plate, and I have it all recorded on a dash cam. If I report him to the police, am I gonna get myself involved in a long and tedious legal process, or will they just take the video as evidence and send me on my way?

Snitches get stitches op

This isn't prison.

Just post it anonymously on the cops fagbook page along with all the info you have like date and time.

report it, they shouldn't release your name for it.

The cops will just shoot you

So you would feel bad for taking a drunk asshole off the streets in your city and possibly preventing him from killing one of your family members?

Rat. Diaf.

Don't you guys have crime stoppers? In Canada we do, literally on the billboard it says "we want the criminals not you" you can call in anonymously. Or email.

Topkek

I am a suburban middle class white male with no record. I have been pulled over in a bad neighborhood with multiple cops including a K9 unit while I had my concealed carry on me, they knew I had it on me, and never even raised their voices. It was all very polite and professional. They didn't even give me a warning. Their exact words were "You seem like an upstanding guy."

Again, snitches get stitches is just for prison.

I don't know what that means.

He's drunk in Oregon. I see no problem.

Most of the state is nothing and the people he could kill are away from him. I say give him a chance - and if he kills someone get money off the snuff film market.

They also give you a reward. Some nigger coke dealer robber busted through the front door of my friends house and robbed the two of us. I waited two weeks then ratted him out for being a coke dealer and let them know when and where he always picks up. I didn't have to give them any personal info and I got a $340 reward.

>I went to eastern Oregon once and that is what the entire state is like.

Nope.

What usually happens is the cops and throw an investigation with it. Issue with a lot of video is while the car is identified, the person behind the wheel is hard to ID. All the drive has to say it the vehicle was missing that day. If they can't break him in an interrogation or they plead the fifth, very hard to prosecute. Also, the driver can do a civil suit and find out who you are and kick your ass. Best thing to do is burn a CD with a cleaned copy of the video and send it anonymously. It is best to just let it go or throw it on the Internet like Vimeo or YouTube and let the shit hit the fan.

You can provide evidence in person. I doubt they'd have you come in to court and testify. At worst they might have you provide a statement but, I doubt even that.

>diaf
Die in a fire. Hes just an edgy 13 year old nigger that thinks you should let the drunk driver go rather then report him.

Bullshit snitches get to go home early.

Unmarked 20s from the back of a squad car?

driving over someone isn't a snuff film you faggot

>almost took out a biker
>did take out some bushes and a mailbox
Obviously he was driving in a populated area with pedestrians and houses.

I love how our society discourage civil responsibility.

^ ^ ^ LAW OF THE LAND ^ ^ ^

>murica
>10% of population in prison
>doesnt think the AB will hunt him the fuck down

Yep, that's enough for me. It's too late now, tomorrow I'll get the vid on my computer and make sure everything's nice and visible, then I'll mail it in to the cop shop.

For the 3rd time, that is for prison.
Repeat: Snitches get stitches is a prison rule. It doesn't apply in the real world, and it doesn't make sense out of that context.

No they gave me a reference number and told me to call back about 2 weeks later. When I called back they said they were in the middle of laying charges and if he actually is charged I will get a reward. I called back a few weeks later with the reference number and he was infact charged with a few crimes and they gave me another reference number to told me to go into any bank on any date I wanted and give the info to the teller. I waited another couple weeks for whatever reason then went to a branch I'm not associated with and I got my reward. I didn't even have to give my name or show any sort of id.

I'm from Oregon ya cuck, buttttttt i wasn't driving tonight so, up to you. However personally if he/she made it home without killing himself or anyone else then fuck it hes gonna feel the regret in the morning!

OP, you must never squeal on anyone for any reason

Deal with this menace to the community on your own

>For the 3rd time, that is for prison.
>Repeat: Snitches get stitches is a prison rule. It doesn't apply in the real world,
Then say it a 4th time. Ghetto justice is alive and well. Seen make snitches in the free get their ass kicked for ratting on a stranger. The cops usually write it up to "random violence" since it is nearly impossible to make a causative connection.

OP, worst thing that could happen is you have to testify at a preliminary hearing and maybe trial to say what you saw and to authenticate your dash cam video. But dude can't get convicted of drunk driving without more, so call the police immediately so they at least have a chance of catching him or measuring his current blood alcohol content.

Do the right thing. Don't listen to the teenage criminals on Sup Forums.

You sur they believed you and the $$$ were not for the blowjobs?

Glad it worked out for you. Don't spend it all in one place. Also, don't flash it around. Word of getting "reward money" is gets attention. If it is big money, spend a weekend in Reno or Vegas, come back and say you "gout lucky" in town. You can also double down and bet the reward money, perhaps a piece of karma will kick in while in Nevada. Myself, I'd blow it on whores outside Reno.

What town did this happen in?

honestly with just a video all they'd be able to do is give him a ticket for reckless driving at most.

I love how you americans justify ratting out ppl to your corrupt justice-system. Like good little nazis.
Obviously nothing bad happened otherwise op would have already talked to the cops.

only criminals say this. They claim it's some kind of honor thing but it's just covering their own ass.

Just wait and see when you get pulled over next time with a druggy friend. I guarantee you they will have hid their stash under your seat and will tell the cop it was yours.

ALWAYS report a crime when you see it (serious ones at least, like drug-related ones).

This happened like 12 years ago. Also it was only $340, so it wasn't like it was big money. Thats less than half a weeks pay at the time so its not like anyone would think anything of it even if they saw the money in my wallet.

it's our duty as citizens. By not reporting it, you are siding with the criminals who want to tear society down.

Fuck that.

Not where i'm from.

You post on Sup Forums, and don't want to tear society down?

Not sure but most places you can drop anonymous tips. In this case it sounds like some douche-bag that will kill someone so there's no bad karma. Not like snitching just for the sake of snitching. Do it OP. Be the hero we deserve.

Just mind your own business op, cops have better shit to do.

I hope so. Then when the cops get the anonymous video of him in all those hit and runs (is it felony hit and run if he hit multiple things that adds up to over $1000 in damages, or does it have to be at least one thing worth at least $1000?) he'll think he got away with it and then get fucked.

And again, it doesn't make sense outside the context of prison.
You squeal on someone in prison, you get shanked. That makes you even. If you tell them who shanked you, that means you're not even and you get shanked again. That's what that saying is referring to.

No. Not a vigilante, not a rambo, I have no skills and no idea how to track this guy down, and I enjoy my status as a record-free upper middle class suburban white male. I'd like to keep it.

Prolly too late to do that now, and I've already decided I'm not taking the chance of getting dragged into any kind of legal garbage. I especially don't want to take the chance of anybody finding out who I am.

Just ignore her, user.

I didn't even do it for the reward. I was just pissed that my friends crackhead drug dealer decided to rob him while I was there and take my shit too. I didn't feel bad about ratting one bit. Fuck that lowlife nigger.

Zero legal shit. Hand it in. Easy.

our society isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than it would be if the degenerate addicts had their way.

It didn't

this

Why go to the pen..when you can send a friend?

You obviously aren't a criminal so it's also not fair to say you have experience with criminals

I knew plenty of druggies that would throw someone innocent under the bus if it meant getting away

I know lots of regular people who would do it for a promotion

This

one is motivated by fear of getting caught (the drug scenario), the other is someone trying to make something out of their lives. Also the consequences aren't comparable at all - in the drug case I end up with a criminal record and possibly jail time, in the job one the victim just loses their job or doesn't get the promotion.

They aren't remotely the same.

Report that nigger OP.
My friends dad died to a drunk driver and his mom had just died a month ago aswell.

K, not sure if you're doing this because "fuck that guy" and you feel self righteous or because you are concerned for other people (or are lying to yourself and picking the latter to look less like the former), but I can tell you "just giving them the video" is not as easy as it sounds.

What if they call into question your dashcam's efficacy? What if they subpoena it for authenticity / verification? What if they see in the process of the dashcam content review that you traded a bag of weed in front of the car? What if they see you looking at a 10 year old girl's butt while she walks by you?

What if you copied the video to your hdd on your comp first and submitted it that way? What if they ask to subpoena your computer as they suspect the video has been doctored and a surprise search and seizure will "possibly include evidence of doctoring" and if not, then maybe that Loli folder you have on your computer is enough to discredit you and get it thrown out?

If I was this guy's lawyer, first offense? Meh, plead it and do a class. Not worth the fight, unless he has stupid money.
Third strike? No license or jail time? To trial we go!

Prepare to be questioned, prepare to have your credibility taken into account, prepare for a shitstorm

"can i just be an anonymous witness and submit some video"

Word of advice? Don't give the cops any reason to have access to your personal life - be it your dash cam, your computer, or why you were driving on that street.

Keep to yourself, user, else be prepared for the worst.

>facing criminal charges and going to prison ruining all job prospects and probably your life

>reprimand and or possible termination from your job

I give up. I'm just gonna start calling you dumb niggers.

> real life rekt
> vs. the Office without comedy

Oh, and I forgot the obvious "There is no proof that my client was the driver of this vehicle at the time this dashcam recorded these actions"

Next thing? Timestamp, ofc. Well if the timestamp is accurate, they're going to have to verify that, which means access to your dashcam. If you never set the date/time on your dashcam, the "my client wasn't driving whenever this weird random act occurred at some mystery point in time" is a no brainer defense.

Again. Keep to yourself, user.

What is this ? A gang motto ? OP will probably save a family's life by helping remove a driving hazard off the road.

Way to post without reading the thread.
For the record, the dash cam is built into my GPS. It turns on when the GPS is on, which I only turn on when I turn the car on.

And to answer the first part, it's mostly "fuck that guy", maybe a tad self righteousness thrown in? I'd be pretty happy if I knew that I was the reason a drunk driving piece of shit had his life ruined.

Also the faggot drunk was completely unharmed and I don't think he even saw the inside of a prison.
So many ways to avoid punishment and play the system. Seems like the only way to get justice, is to go The Punisher route.

It's a prison rule, explained in in the second reply.
Edgy faggots like to take it out of context and apply it to any situation where someone is reporting criminal activity, even though it doesn't make sense.

>Oh, and I forgot the obvious "There is no proof that my client was the driver of this vehicle at the time this dashcam recorded these actions"
I know a guy that got off on a manslaughter charge when his car was jacked and joyrode. They even subpoenaed cell phone records showing his phone was at his home five miles from the incident.

That's kind of the opposite, user. Someone who is innocent and the police should have caught isn't the same as someone who was guiltly and weaseled out of it.

> caught it

It's a stupid ghetto mantra meant to deter people from doing their civic duty. It only really applies if you're in a gang or prison.

Since I'm assuming OP is neither I'm sure he'll be fine

This is why I seldom respond to retarded questions like this, usually the retards are not smart enough to understand my answers. Hopefully someone else read my advice and can take some life lessons from it.

As for you, OP, I guess one day you will just have to learn the hard way what I mean.

Good luck, kiddo.

I imagine if everyone listened to this shit, and no one ever reported crimes. Fags like you would be among the first to be gang raped

>Someone who is innocent and the police should have caught isn't the same as someone who was guiltly and weaseled out of it.
In the eyes of the law and the court, it is "innocent before proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" The Fifth Amendment keeps anyone for forcing a confession from you. Ever if you confess under duress, that confession can be thrown out. The court cannot care "if he did it or not", it is all evidence. Also, if he "did it" and was found not guilty, he cannot be re-trailed in the USA.

This. Cops only investigate and take action when other cops are killed/fucked with. Civilians are fodder and die everyday. Waste of police resources to go on a wild goose chase.

Still with the not reading and then calling others retarded. Good job.

What's that got to do with anything?

Obvious bait isn't entirely untrue

Snitches get stiches. You snitch you're a faggot OP.