youtube.com/watch?v=pukRYvqqiNw
heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=104
youtube.com/watch?v=FIN-slhQSaE
youtube.com/watch?v=La5KV45PqcE
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quality>Quantity

>believing a man who wears a chicken bucket on his head

Too bad most of those if not all are complete garbage.

It's all wanking over various scales and modes. Completely unlistenable.

anyone have a viper number of releases per year histogram?

Do you mean Radiohead?

he is a pretty looney boi, IMO

music.bucketheadpikes.com/

Buckethead has autism

and not a single one worth listening to

>Viper released 347 albums in 2014

Maybe you should follow his advice OP.

Is anything from Buckethead worth a listen? Obviously not his stuff from recent years, but what about his earlier stuff?

what should I listen from his 400 albums?

i sincerely don't have a clue
but i guess the best way to get into him is watching one of his many live shows uploaded on youtube

his setlist is pretty much the same every time, so there is your list of 'hits' to start with

i know his 'hits' I've listened colma and shit, but I'm more curious about those 350 albums he released in past 3 years

BIG
STRONG
BRITISH
CYNIC COMING THROUGH LADS
LOVE EASY SHIT FOR MY BIG BRAIN TO COMPREHEND

Buckethead is the goat to end all goats Slash can suck a dick

yes

yeah and they all fucking suck. good job schmuckethead

According to scaruffi: Bucketheadland, Dreamatorium, Day of the Robot

besides Colma, Electric Tears and Electric Sea, which are his 'comfy' albums you should check out Bucketheadland and Bucketheadland 2, those get you into the kind of 'world' of the music and then from there it depends the genre you like. His live stuff nowadays is very much a set that hardly changes, because he's gotten it down to this routine that makes sense for the bulk of his fans. His old live shows however are varied and worth the watches if you want to see some experimental young Buckethead figuring shit out and having fun on stage while molesting his guitar. Notably the early live stuff worth watching are the sets from Poland with Praxis '96, Paradise Lounge '96, Wetlands '97, and Japan '99. If you really wnat to see the experimental side go watch the Young Buckethead DvD which has some interviews, him improvising, and live performances with The Deli Creeps.

of the pikes series (the new 30min ep stuff he's been doing) it's hard to say which to listen to because there are a few different genres of then. There are kinda basic metal melody + chords stuff and then there are long emotional solo ones and then more experimental shit that keeps shifting genre. Honestly with my ocd i kind of want to categorize all his pikes so that when people ask i can have a flowchart.

cough
youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA
cough

get in here, my lads
and enjoy the whole 202 albums

youtube.com/watch?v=WnaiqoTZ5r4&list=PL3I1hmT4-LnAIWr2LmDfUioPxRmgGrdFT

>soothesayer
entry level buckethead

I fucking hate when people say this and nottingham lace are his best pieces when they obviously havent listened to his better material

after searching him on youtube, react videos of this are popping everywhere on my recomendations

i just started the pikes journey
it sounds really interesting so far

his last pike, just release four days ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=pukRYvqqiNw

honestly before pikes, i'd say make sure to check out i.n.s.e.a.r.c.h.o.f.t.h.e. Arguably it is the first example of his 'pikes' idea but it pushes the boundaries a bit more than most of the pikes do

oh boi

same with Ozzy's band. Ozzy loved his playing but wanted him to take off the mask and get out of character but he wouldn't

I am truly enjoying my dive into Buckethead
this guy is fascinating

also fuck Ozzy

if you are diggin his story then make sure to watch the Young Buckethead DVD and then the Binge tapes (i don't know how many there are but I have copies of 1-7). After the Binge tapes there is the Brain Mantia instructional DVD that he appears in as well as the live material from the 90s and early 2000s until he joined GnR. The GnR stuff is interesting story wise but the material is not that great honestly. Around the same time is the Guitar Hero and slight popularity arc. Then the resurgence of The Deli Creeps and Giant Robot, which leads back to his solo shows as they are now. Then the pikes and the possibly depressing reasoning behind their existence, and the break from live shows.

i just found the Salty Axl timeline
heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=104

>possibly depressing reasoning behind their existence
what happened? is he OK?

> according to scaruffi
fucking kek

>His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever.
Axl actually fell into the trap perfectly. There is an interview with Brain, who is one of Buckethead's closest friends, who explains the whole situation and how Buckethead was just messing with Axl and his managers for fun.

>is he OK?
not sure, people have long speculated that he is sick on and off, even Bootsy Collins has posted that Buckethead has been really sick before. He also wore compression shirts during his most recent tours which point to back problem / blood circulation issues.

The depressing possibility is that he was releasing the massive amount of pikes to help pay medical expenses for his parents, most likely his mother who has suffered from hospitalization in the 90s (this is why Colma was made, he wanted to make her an album to listen to while in the hospital). The only reason this makes sense is because he took a break from touring to continue to release the albums, to which he was likely spending time with his family while recording when he could. Another contributing factor is that Both his parents died during the pikes series, first his mother and then his father. After their deaths the output increased, but you can tell by listening that he is more or less trying to work out some shit in his head, similar riffs, ideas, scales, emotions, all jumping back and forth.
He really loved his parents and it makes sense that he would do this for them to support them and spend time with them while doing the only thing he knows.

youtube.com/watch?v=FIN-slhQSaE
he wrote this piece after he moved away from home in the early 90s. He has released it on 2 albums, and only played it at a hand full of live shows.

>Axl
not a bad thing to happen, knowing the diva status Axl had going on for years, cancelling shows, appearing 4 hours later.....

pretty interesting info
thank you, user
that song is wonderful

this made me sad
hope buckehead gets everything sorted out

youtube.com/watch?v=La5KV45PqcE

Look up the buckethead pike suggester to find his albums you think you would like. I would link it but Sup Forums keeps reading the link as spam

>enjoy the whole 202 albums
>1/266 videos

It really cant be done since it takes longer to update the histogram than him realising an album

kek

How many albums has bucket shadowwritten
Who knows