How come rock died? What killed it?

How come rock died? What killed it?

jewish psyops AKA mumble rap

Hip Hop and kids cringing at their parents taste because it's too old.

A noose.

Rock didn't die the musicians are killing themselves.

nirvana made rock into some boring emo shit and no one gave a fuck anymore after that. thanks kurt fucking emo cobain

You can only be the fad for so long. Rock had an impressive streak, but you can't compete against synths.

This. Rock has always been a shitty fad just like the majority of genres.

We grew up

Now we listen to adult music aka rap

OP here, to go further I'm not grieving for rock or putting down other music. I like everything. But it just seems like rock as a living, growing, vibrant aesthetic is either dead or its going through something similar to what happened in the 1980s. People say the torchrunners for rock right now are bands like Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons and Tame Impala... is that really the best there is?

I cringe a little bit when old rock dads bitch about how "rock music needs more balls like our rock bands had", but I mean yeah... they're kind of right. Doesn't mean we should embrace butt rock or cliche images of masculinity but it feels like cool shit that pushes the envelope and isn't just made in a petri dish for college radio isn't being amplified to broad audiences at the moment.

King Gizzard has been getting some traction as well,they're not anything special but they're better than those you named. I don't really give a fuck about rock anymore,only prog,but i'll take anything over memerap

What's the point of pushing Rock songs when a label can get a rapper to make a number 1 hit song in a day. All it takes is 20 dollar wall mart microphone set up in a shower to mumble into and a pirated copy of pro tools on a mac book and you can get a hit.

Think about "Mask Off", the song is just a whole chunk of a flute sample from another song with a drum track over with Future mumbling about percs. That's cost effective

This. Milennials want to be special butterflies and rebel against their parents so they dislike anything called dadrock. Rock isn't cool anymore, mumblerap is

This.

A rock band is extremely cost ineffective.

This is not entirely true desu. You can always program the drums and replace the bass with a synth. You still need a guitar and a guitar amp, and you can use software instead of pedals and shit. You don't even need a great guitar cause you can do a lot with a DAW.

If anything rock takes more skill and knowledge.

>If anything rock takes more skill and knowledge.

HAHAHA
What a pleb, you know nothing about music.

Of course you do. For rap you can just sample some shit and rap over it. You don't need to play an instrument or create a melody yourself.
Not saying it's very hard, but it's definitely harder.

Nu-metal and the corporate-pop-whore machine. Rock music died in 1996. Grunge was the last 'movement' in rock music.

Bad indie surf/skate bands concerned more with image than music killed rock.

>Grunge was the last 'movement' in rock music.
t.bob burger from burgerville

You could argue that underground grunge might've been the last push for authentic rock music, with moodier lyrics and distorted guitars, but quickly mishandled by record labels and processed into shitty sounding pop music, lyrics that then came off as emo, and distorted guitars that lost their headbanging quality. Consequentially making rock music now emo garbage.