There's never going to be a more exciting Superb Owl in our lifetime is there?

There's never going to be a more exciting Superb Owl in our lifetime is there?

every patriots superbowl is exciting

even the losses

based bill knows how to put on a show

You don't know that.

it wasn't exciting, it was sloppy as shit, both on the patriots part and the falcons with their defensive penalties. i knew on that sequence in the first half, when they had three PIs in a row that it was gonna be a bad game.

It was boring as shit for 3+ quarters.

Definitely one of the worst overall Owls in the past decade. A meme refball "comeback" that was really just an epic choke job doesn't make it all that entertaining,

'no'

I agree, nothing will top super bowl 49.

I just started vacuuming and doing chores because it was so bad for so long.

>Definitely one of the worst overall Owls in the past decade

Opinion completely invalidated

Nice meme fatty

>meme refball comeback

Tell me again how the refs were helping the Patriots get those last 2 2 point conversions and Tom Brady complete perfect passes on the last drive. Underage faggots, I swear.

Greatest quarter ever, but overall Super Bowl 42 and 49 were better

>Greatest comeback in Super Bowl history
>Shattered records left and right
>The definitive conclusion to the argument of who is the GOAT QB and HC in NFL history
>Watching the Falcons' owner go from dancing fool to JUST as the game progressed
>Relatively free from penalties and refball
>Goodell eating absolute shit on the national stage to end the saga of the Tom Brady Revenge Tour
>Edelman pulling off the Dreidel Cradle
I don't know if I'll see a finer game in my lifetime

>3rd most exciting super bowl in last 10 years
>expecting to never see another as exciting
it was a hell of a game, but i'd be disappointed if they're all downhill from here

No, it was decided by a coin flip. Nothing will top that excitement.

>perfect passes

he doinked one off a falcon that memed itself into bennett's hands, that should have been an interception. the miracle grab by edelmidget also bounced off several falcons first, also should have got picked off

really if you think it's a perfect throw to bounce it off defenders you need to get your head checked, i think you gave yourself whiplash from sucking too many dicks.

The last quarter was exciting but the first three were forgettable. The comeback makes it one of the best but the first 2/3 of the game keep it from being #1.

Daily reminder that the falcons were gassed and didn't have any momentum on their side at this point.

>would have been a 3 and out
And you know this

>good
No
>well played
No
>Entertaining
It's not the best, but it was top 3
>Exciting
It was either the most exciting or second most exciting

No. I thought 49 was a roller coaster ride but 51 was insane.

Patriots and Cowboys owl next year.
What's the meme play that wins it?

Tony Romo taking out Jerry Jones and the entire coaching staff after descending from the rafters Sting style with a baseball bat.

Not unless the Packers and Cardinals somehow meet in the superbowl.

flea flicker to hogan for a 40 yard pass TD to put it out of a 1 score game late in the 4th.

Superbowl 49 was a better overall game.

People should just rewatch Superbowl 51 from halftime on, though that second half is the stuff of legends.

Starting to think these OPs are nfl shills to cover up what was a clearly scripted storyline and game.

Seahawks/Pats, Steelers/Cardinals and both Giants/Pats Owls were better

The comeback was great but the game was shit for 3 hours

>t. Failcons fan

>one team completely dominating a each half
>exciting

i'm so tired of you casual fans

Lol no one is a Falcons fan u fucking retard that's why they think they could get away with it

It's more emblematic of the social media culture. Everything we see has to be the greatest thing ever.

I literally didn't care about the game until the Pats scored at the end of the third quarter. That's not a good Super Bowl. We don't have to pretend the game was great, just the comeback was

What's worse - losing an Owl or losing an Owl in the most spectacular, HISTORIC way imaginable?

Please tell me about those feels user.

1. Steelers > Cardinals
2. 18-1
3. Pats > Panthers
4. Pats > Hawks
5. Pats > Falcons

>What's worse - losing an Owl or losing an Owl in the most spectacular, HISTORIC way imaginable?

Patriots should know all about that. At least the Falcons only choked one game and not a whole season.l

Why Steelers Cardinals? I would not put that one top 20, there is nothing special about it.
1. 18-1
2. Pats comeback
3. Rams beat Titans
4. Malcolm Butler pick
5. 49ers beat the Bengals

Just you wait until the Lions/Browns one.

Serious question for Americans and American football fans:

Do you watch the Super Bowl for the sport itself, or is it more like a social event that takes the game as an excuse to be together with family and friends?

Knowing fuck all about American football, I recorded the Super Bowl at night (it was like 2am here) and watched it the day after. Certainly not my cup of tea. There are constant (and long) breaks, no dynamism, and the final lasted for over four hours, like a very long tennis game. Actual play is displayed only as flashes between breaks.
So it's a very technical sport, not a spectacular one like basketball or rugby. I'm amazed that American football is so popular, usually such technical sports have got a very fringe fanbase.

However, four hours of such a huge event including concerts and stuff is the perfect excuse to meet with friends and family for the whole evening. So do people watch the final because you all love the sport or because it's pretty much like Christmas?

>Do you watch the Super Bowl for the sport itself
I do. I love football for its turnbased technical nature and the Super Bowl is a game that promises to show it being played at its best.

A lot of casuals do watch the super bowl (and only the super bowl) for casual socializing reasons, though. They put in the high-budget ads and the halftime celebrity concert for those people.

Top 10 Super Bowls all time:
10: XXX (Cowboys vs Steelers)
9: XI (Raiders vs Vikings)
8: IV (Chiefs vs Vikings)
7: XXIII (49ers vs Bengals)
6: XXXV (Ravens vs Giants)
5: XIII (Steelers vs Cowboys)
4: XX (Bears vs Patriots)
3. III (Jets vs Colts)
2. LI (Patriots vs Falcons)
1. XLII (Giants vs Patriots)

>6: XXXV (Ravens vs Giants)
I loved this Super Bowl, my favorite of all time, but just because I enjoyed watching the Giants getting BTFO. The only time I ever got to see an enemy team lose a super bowl.

>people actually putting ANYTHING over LI
loving every laugh.

>tony romo
I've got bad news for you friendo

>6: XXXV (Ravens vs Giants)
As a Ravens fan, it was great; but a blowout against Kerry Collins' Giants must have been awful for the rest of the NFL fans.

Ravens 49ers was much better.
>Harbs vs Harbs
>Boldin vs Moss
>Flacco living up to expectations
>Reed and Suggs finally getting their ring

Just wait till next year

>no cardinals vs Steelers
Horrible list

Good scenarios:
>Rematch, another close one
>Raiders over Cowboys
>Vikings over Raiders
>Giants over Patriots
>Chiefs over Packers
>Ravens over Falcons
>Texans over Cowboys
>Cowboys over Patriots

Shit scenarios:
>Rematch, blowout
>Cowboys over Steelers or vice versa
>Seahawks vs anyone
>Packers vs any team not led by Alex Smeff

This is how I felt after the first giants/pats bowl OP but don't worry, something will top this one as well

1. XLII (Giants vs Patriots)

Was that the first or second one? The second one was far more entertaining. If it wasn't for the helmet catch the first was boring as fuck.

>I do. I love football for its turnbased technical nature
this x1000. i love how offense and defense square up directly against each other, and how every single play is considered, calculated, and chosen. i never understand why people complain about football stopping between every play, it's one of its best features, imo.

Patriots shouldve been called for offensive PI on the second 2pt conversion

Pats shouldn't have need a 2 point conversion. Refs blew the blocked xp call.

probably not

NEVER

next year's

when Brady gets #6

So this is twice now. First the Seahawks and now the Falcons suffer from idiotic play calling at the end of the game.

Do the Patriots just psych out the other team? Legit question, how does this keep happening?

>Do the Patriots just psych out the other team?

nah the seahawks one was more luck than anything else as it was a close game the entire time.

falcons was good game adjustments and the falcons adjusted by not running the damn ball

>No SB49
why the fuck is 49 not on there? It was one of the best ever, certainly better than LI.

But the decision to throw at the end of the game seemed super dumb, especially after Lynch just had some great runs.

Then the Falcons pushing themselves out of field goal range when it was 28-20, which might have ended it

The seahawks would have gotten stuffed if they ran. They threw the ball because the Pats had a defensive formation out there that Seattle thought they could take advantage of. Well, they were wrong, because the pats defense knew what was coming and responded perfectly thanks to the coaching genius of Bill Belichick.

I guess that's reasonable, I suppose I don't understand football well enough to pick up on that

It's part of the reason why Belichick didn't call a timeout right before the play even though everyone expected him to. He wanted to bait the offense into throwing the ball, and putting them on the spot with the clock ticking was the way to do it.

>no XLIII

shit like this is why i wish i understood football more

Perfect name for that catch user
Plus 1 upboats

Hearing the entire stadium boo so loud Goodell couldn't even speak makes this the greatest Owl ever.

That and the greatest Owl catch goes to Edelgod.

>4
>20
>35
>no 25
>no 34
>no 43
>no 49

What a shit list.

10. XXV (Giants vs. Bills)
9. XXXVI (Patriots vs. Rams)
8. III (Jets vs. Colts)
7. XXXVIII (Patriots vs. Panthers)
6. XIII (Steelers vs. Cowboys)
5. XLII (Giants vs. Patriots)
4. XXXIV (Rams vs. Titans)
3. XLIII (Steelers vs. Cardinals)
2. XLIX (Patriots vs. Seahawks)
1. LI (Patriots vs. Falcons)

So your team is leading by 25 points in the Superbowl when this elite fuck starts shrieking at his bench about a comeback while your quarterback is in the middle of getting strip sacked. What do you do?

Keep in mind he's already won four Superbowls and you have only three defensive formations in the playbook

>tfw Beasley dropped that last INT in the endzone

I knew Alford was a useless little interference faggot, and couldn't be too surprised that he popped it up for jewlet's catch. All the other missed INTs were horrible though, nobody deserved any accolades for that sloppy shit. MVP should have been somebody on NE's defense or the guy with record catches.

>dan quinn was a coach on both teams

really makes you think

>coaching genius
>buy an OG Seattle xbox hueg CB
>laugh when they try to pick him off with a rub route

No denying BB's gamesmanship, but that play is entirely the fault of Seattle's offensive braintrust.

seahawks don't get in position without helmet catch 2.0

No coincidence Brady threw 2 touchdowns only after a major defensive injury in both halves of the game.
It is what it is.

Salty nigger is salty

Yeah, not to discredit Tom but the Seahawks losing Cliff Avril and Jeremy Lane (whose replacement, Tharold Simon, got abused by the Pats) was significant

Am I the only as a neutral observer thought it was fucking boring?

Besides Jones's catches I had nothing going for me, it felt like watching two teams trade halves where they acted like the Cleveland Browns

He's right you know. If Vic Beasley doesn't drop that endzone INT, everybody is forced to remember the terrible throws (and terrible ATL defense) that get glazed over by casual faggots like you.

I agree, being somewhat neutral it wasn't exciting at all till the 4th. It was an all time comeback but I'd take a game where its close the whole time over a big comeback.

I actually think XLVII(BALvsSF), XLIII(PITTvsARI), and XLII(NEvsNY) were better

Super Bowl 43 was the best in history

>shitty blowout, then epic chokejob
>exciting

nigger, an exciting, great game is one where both teams give their all throughout the entire game, not where one completely btfo's the other, or in this case, let themselves get raped in the asshole without putting on a single point.

That being said,
Owl XLIII will never be topped

Fitzgerald was amazing nothing will ever top that
It's the best game of all time

>Fitzgerald's hustle
>Harrison absolutely exhausted after the play

fuckin amazing

>Super Bowl L was better
>Super Bowl XLVIII was better
>Super Bowl XLVII was better

Then this glorious drive and play happened

>Super Bowl XLVIII