Which Pennywise design do you like more, Sup Forums?

Which Pennywise design do you like more, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlmdH78T7Ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>who do you prefer: Tim Curry or literally anybody else?

TIM TIM TIM TIM

The whole point of Pennywise was that he wasn't initially creepy. Making him, at least in the promotional material, an intentionally creepy clown is retarded and bullshit.

Fuck this remake, fuck it in it's stupid ass.

These.

The old one you fucking shill.

the new one is so much scarier, lmao at all these oldfags shitting themselves over a faggot in makeup

see

>MUH NOSTALGIA
the old one is so boring and lame, get with the times grandad.

At first I pegged you for trolls, but then I realized that this is exactly the kind of dumb shit some prick 15 year old would post. Which is it? Why not both?

>nostalgia
t. kike

OK I'll stop trolling.

The 1st half of the original IT is 9/10. But the 2nd half, when using adult actors btw, suffers so badly that it brings the film down to a 6/10.

Also Pennywise was only good because of based Tim Curry, fuck all to do with the make up.

I feel like the impact of the whole clown thing was way greater back in the 80s because even then it was a relatively fresh concept to have the villain be a typically "lovable" figure like a clown. Now that the original came out like 30 years ago and the idea of clowns as villains has been done for real, then done for real (in a shitty way), then done for laughs, I feel like it's just not gonna be as big of a deal. l wonder if they couldn't do better by taking a bit of a risk by trying to redo the villain's alternate form as something a little more original and prevalent to everyday culture (or at least something that hasn't really been seen yet), although I don't know what that would be.

They should call it 'shIT' lmao

Judging by those pictures the left one any day. Right looks like typical modern edgy shit, desaturated as usual, relying on darkness to make it scary instead of being genuinely creepy, and that shitty paint on the nose instead of an actual clown nose, i'm surprised they didn't go all the way and make it a Nolanesque scarred and mutilated makeup.

If you prefer the left over the right you are literally Redd*t and need to leave.

Both work in different ways. The acting will be what matters and Curry's acting was terrible so I'll withold judgement for now.

Unironically belly laughed. You win the internet for today sir ;^)

I wonder what the new spider will look like

Also how much you wanna bet that they split it into two movies. One as kids and one as adults. Never miss a chance to make a shekel

Full picture is even worse

But if IT keeps coming back every 25 years, can he only be defeated by nuking the Earth, or will he go to another planet?

You mean drider?

I think they should have kept the fake nose

Jesus christ thats appalling. What a travesty.

It's already been confirmed to be two movies and it makes sense due to the length of the material.

The face face isn't that bad. What he's wearing is horrid shit

Your mom digs the length of my material if you know what I mean.

Not surprising considering the longest thing she's ever read was an issue of People Magazine.

Left.

One on the right looks like it was designed by Zach Snyder for maximum edge.

Pennywise the Clown? More like Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

>oh boy here we go again.jpg

We wouldn't if you wouldn't respond.

>drags the boy into the sewer
>"pssht nothin personnel kid"

Because IT isn't already try hard and edgy as it is.

The photo is just too grimdark for no reason

Damn, that's actually pretty great

Well the one on the left is scary so that one.

What are NuPennywise's dislikes?

So these posts are usually judt troll posts? God damn that's a relief

>granddad
fuck off to /britfeel/

>I feel like the impact of the whole clown thing was way greater back in the 80s because even then it was a relatively fresh concept to have the villain be a typically "lovable" figure like a clown. Now that the original came out like 30 years ago and the idea of clowns as villains has been done for real, then done for real (in a shitty way), then done for laughs, I feel like it's just not gonna be as big of a deal.
Ehhhh, the first It came over a decade after John Wayne Gacy was convicted.

I don't give a shit about the clown form because that's the least interesting version of it. I want to see it as the Rodan bird, and the vampire with literal razor blade teeth, and as the melty waxy version of whatever the fuck Patrick was trying to imagine.

This one

Tim Curry's Pennywise worked because he at least could pass for a bit as a regular clown for awhile, there was just a creepy off factor him. The scene with Georgie will look pretty stupid if he looks like pure evil

>wisconsin

So how powerful is IT, really? Never read the books but i imagine he's like an old god or some shit, like, more a concept than a real thing.

Am I close?

>hey Georgie you little bitch you want a balloon motherfucker

Also Stephen King made It a clown specifically because he learned that kids are scared of clowns more than anything else.

Little kids are fucking stupid. Also the glamor drew Georgie in more than the appearance of the clown.

>Fuck you Thomas Aquinas

He is older than are universe and is the basically fear and death incarnate. He could destroy worlds or galaxies if he wanted. His true form is basically orangish light we cant comprehend. So you were close

He has Freddy Kruger powers wherein he is able to manipulate the imagination. The same thing that gives him his power is also his weakness. Where as if you believe that he will kill you, then he will. If you believe that you will kill him, then you will.

It's 1100 pages of shit just to teach you to always believe in yourself.

A figure with ambiguous, vague intent is far more frightening than an obviously evil clown in the dark.

It's an ancient space spider, the clown plus everything else they come against is an illusion created by it's death lights to lure them in.

When he isnt talking he is just growling

If we wanted to be technical he is most likely a todash monster, very possibly the very first one.

why can't we have 1 nice Stephen king adaptation movie?

inb4 Shining

The spider form is an illusion too, but it's closest to the true but inconceivable form of It.

>What is The Green Mile
>What is The Shawshank Redemption

That's cool

That's lame

>It's true form is so foreign and complex the human brain can't even comprehend it so it just makes it a giant spider

Bravo, King.

kys

It becomes what people are afraid of, the kids were afraid of spiders. Not that hard.

>what is mediocre

pissed me off. i honestly dont know how that didnt ruin the movie for everyone else and how its held in high regards. totally alluded to it being some clown from the past that drowned nd haunts the town feeding on fears. nope, space spider, wtf?? not only that but me and my friends marathoned three movie in one day sci-fi beowulf (for the lolz) jason in space (again for the lolz) and our real movie for the day was it. this was in october like 8 years ago and every movie ended with a random spider. then years later i watch that kevin smith story about almost directing superman and how some hollywood executive producer wanted to add a giant spider and im fucking convinced this asshole had a hand in at least one of those movies adding a spider for no reason.

>implying a giant spider isn't a terrifying thing

>totally alluded to it being some clown from the past that drowned nd haunts the town feeding on fears

This never happens once anywhere in the book or movie.

This is not true. He isn't even Flagg level, let alone The Great Turtle whose shell supports the earth

I'm 22 and have this hairline. Should I be Pennywise for Halloween?

I'm scared of the ones in Straya that eat birds.

Actually scratch that, I just dug up my copy and checked near the end.

The closest we see to the true form of It is the "deadlights" that Bill sees as he's floating through the void of the multiverse and after he sees the dead turtle.

You should be looking into suicide

>i honestly dont know how that didnt ruin the movie for everyone else and how its held in high regards
The general consensus is that the ending is one of the worst things ever put on film.

IT is great up until the adults show up.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlmdH78T7Ao
What no love for The Langoliers?

No. There's gonna be a million of them this year due to this movie. Why are you still dressing in costumes at 22 anyway?

He is equal and opposite to the turtle, both exist outside of time and space.

You don't' have to go that far for some dose of horror.

If they're so equal, how come the turtle was dead while IT was still alive?

Check mate.

Left: Looks Like an Actual Clown

Right: Looks like a reject from killer clowns from outer space

The turtle kills himself by accident by vomiting in his shell or something.

If Shawshank Redemption does not even qualify as 'nice' to you, what the fuck do you want?

Experimental arthouse which breaks all conventions of film or something?

This things were annoying has fuck in Castlevania DoS.

wtf...these books are so fucking stupid.

Fuck those web niggers. Snakes are bro tier

Uh, it's not?

>Kills children
>screams nigger
>Turns into monsters

Yeah it's edgy.

He rushed toward it and saw it was a great turtle, its shell ablaze with many colors, its ancient reptilian head slowly poked out of its shell...the eyes of the turtle were kind. Bill thought it must be the oldest thing anyone could imagine”
— A line from It

Also it is Canon that the turtle is Stephen King who guards the universe. It was almost never completed meaning the villain assumed the Ture "King" was dead but in reality it Washington wait "writers block"

dislikes: SJWs, niggers, uppity women, Justin Bieber, my mom, cleaning my room, slingshots, pedofiles, whore children, silver bullets, saturday school, CHUD, Chads.

Again the turtle is on fact Stephen King. Vomiting in his shell is a reference to kings severe drug and alcohol problems once the Turtle became clean he returned, symbolizing kings commitment to the 12 steps.

>A monster from a horror novel
>that means he's edgy

It's like you're too retarded to even know what edgy means.

The real Stephen King is simply Stephen King in the universe. The Turtle is just a beam guardian who died as the world started to Move On.

Nah it's great up until the end where you can tell King ran out of ideas. He probably had no idea what he wanted the real origin and nature of It to be so he just made some stuff up once he got to that point in the story.

Maybe he ran out of drugs around that time too.

A monster in a horror novel killing children isn't edgy, because that's what monsters are supposed to do.

Edgy would be a heroic figure slaughtering defenseless children with his light saber because "I'm evil now, see!"

>I'm 22 and have this hairline.

JUST

>he had no idea what he wanted for the real origin and nature of it

No, Stephen King was smart enough to know that any good explanation for the origin and nature of IT would make the character less compelling, because part of the interest is not knowing.

That's just basic craftsmanship a person would have to be retarded to not understand.

0/10

The turtle did not die. It believed he was dead.
We can see the Turtle ( Maturin) in the Gunslinger series.
Also the Turtle is not book King, the Turtle is actually Stephen King the author and acts as a communicator between the reality we are in and Rolands.

We never actually see Maturin in the Gunslinger series. At most we see his skoldpada.

I think he specifically discusses this phenomenon in Danse Macabre. Robot Monster was an OK period horror film, up until the point the monster walks out of the cave and the audience sees it's a guy in a gorilla suit and a diver's helmet.

Not true, his statue protects the Rose.