Is vaporwave dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-dead
antifur.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-dead-again
pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ
comtruise.bandcamp.com/album/iteration
youtube.com/watch?v=yQxtwvLUByM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope so. It's shit. It's basically the crappiest, lowest effort "music" and a bunch of "artists" telling each other that they love each others' music because they are insecure that the whole genre won't be taken seriously otherwise.

this and also it's literally just sjw'ized chopped & screwed

but just for the memez:
dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-dead
antifur.bandcamp.com/album/vaporwave-is-dead-again

It's still going. It's just that a lot of the ones with real talent only have 1-2 EPs out.

Unless you're Macross 82-99, his last album was banger.

No, all the insincere memers moved on and the only people making it are the ones who actually care about it.

>beep beep boop
>this sounds cool ill post it to my soundcloud
>beep beep... beep boop beep
>omg this is cool too! ill post to my soundcloud
>beep... beep beep
>GUYS CHECK OUT MY THIRD SONG

I second this. It's still a relaxing genre to listen to at night, and the use of sampling is great too.

yer it ded a.

I got into it too late, what are some essentials?

potentially

I still unironically love this album

I dont get the Japanese thing

Me too, it has some really good tracks. Still one of my go-to albums when I want to chill completely.

VAPORWAVE IS D E A D
VAPORWAVE IS A L I V E
起死回生

The thing is that this album actually has some thought and effort put into it but everyone else just thinks that they can make some shitty slow synth melody and repeat it for 3 minutes and call it a "vaporwave" song. They even use "vaporwave" as an excuse against people criticising their shit ("its not bad thats just what the genre is like").

Yeah for the last 5 years.

The aesthetic is dead but the sampling technique will never go away.

( ·_· )
( ·_·)>¬回-回
(¬回_回)

I unironically like vaporwave but don't really like floral shoppe. pic related is best vaporwave album

should be some vaporwave essentials in here pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ

link is from the sharethreads

Am I wrong or is this genre more about the album covers and videos having a lot of pink, purple and DUDE LMAO JAPANESE LETTERS, rather than music itself?

best current album that stems from vaporwave:
comtruise.bandcamp.com/album/iteration
"but that's synthwave"
well, that's all I got

There's some great vaporwave out there though, albeit amidst a lot of shit, I've been listening to these lately
Christtt's No Lives Matter (2016)
Death's Dynamic Shoud.wmv's Classroom Sexxtape (2016)
Death's Dynamic Shoud.wmv's I'll Try Living Like This (2015)
Then there's the classics, Eccojams, James Ferraro, Nmesh, Giant Claw, vaperror and of course everything else by Vektroid.
that shit sucks
this is the best vaporwave album

>synthwave
>chillwave
>simpsonwave
Please stop

Thanks for sharing, I'll check these out

listening to this
just sounds like some groovy synthpop, I'm not seeing the connection to vapourware

yes you're wrong

trapstep
dubgrind
popfunk
lofi-hiphop
ambientwave
tigerwave
nuwave
oldwave
fagwave
tastywave
bestwave
worstwave2017toptennotclickbait

Then why do they rely on that so much? It's like they need to remind people that it's vaporwave using visual cues.

I hate to use this word because it's become a meme, but it's part of the aesthetic of the genre, just like dark covers with scrawled looking text on the cover is part of the aesthetic for metal covers, and a dude playing an instrument against a dark background with text in a sans serif font is part of the jazz aesthetic.
You'll always find exceptions to the aesthetic, albums in any genre that don't conform to the visual aesthetic of the genre, and vaporwave is no exception. Take the cover to Christtt's No Lives Matter for instance as an exception.

it's a far connection: it was a reaction to vaporwave, vaporwave took 80's music and slowed it down and did a bunch of weird music, but then com truise was like: I'm just gonna make stuff like it's the 80's but better mixed. and was often paired with vaporwave during cyanide sisters because more sampling but he slowly moved away from that.

I want to contradict you but damnit you are right

him and Vektroid are still churning out great stuff

this

Are you sure? I'm usually wrong about things.

true

No question
But in my opinion, it is kill because of the aesthetics thing, and not the music

can't speak for the music but the aesthetics are in mainstream shit now

what are these from?
I'm guessing the second is from a kpop video.

2814 is one of my favorites, death's dynamic shoud is pretty fucking good too. you a fan of amun dragoon?

to be honest if the second one is vaporwave aesthetics, then so was Twin Peaks in 1990.

I listened to that a while ago and I think I liked it, but I don't remember anything about it.
I'll give it another listen.

this is like rebranded 90s ambient techno

is all vaporwave basically just other genres but rebranded to fit "aesthetc" criteria?

both are from the same video youtube.com/watch?v=yQxtwvLUByM
there are others with a similar look but i'll spare you

maybe but i can almost guarantee kpop producers are looking at what's currently trendy in the west instead of an almost 30 year old tv show

That was the meme crowd, they've since moved on to peddle their shit elsewhere and the genre has returned to being created by people who actually care about the music not just A E S T H E T I C

There's nothing more to vaporwave than just aesthetics user.

Nothing will ever top this. It's only equalled by Birth of a New Day and MEGA.

>youtube.com/watch?v=yQxtwvLUByM
cheers
I don't know how to feel about this; I've always thought of vaporwave as anti-capitalist and quite subversive, but then being appropriated by commercial pop doesn't really affect it in any way seeing as it's only the visuals that they can appropriate. Also vaporwave appropriated commercial pop from the 80s and 90s and corporate muzak too, so it's hard to take issue with vaporwave itself being appropriated.

>Computer noises the album

Vaportrap is what killed Vaporwave