So NPR posted this terrible fucking list of albums made by women where there's only like 5 good picks out of 150:

So NPR posted this terrible fucking list of albums made by women where there's only like 5 good picks out of 150:
npr.org/2017/07/24/538307314/turning-the-tables-150-greatest-albums-made-by-women-page-15
So I was wondering, what are Sup Forums's favourite albums by women, that actually push boundaries and aren't just pop?

inga copeland
alice coltrane
fka twigs
cocteau twins

idk never really put any thought on the gender. just the voice

user you just have shit taste

Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchandia
Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day
Wendy Carlos - A Clockwork Orange soundtrack
Suzanne Ciani - Buchla Concerts 1975
Carla Bley - Tropical Appetites
Annette Peacock - I'm the One

Haha epic screencap dude post it on reddit

There are some poptimistic oversights here but this is a pretty good list.

Real women shit

these kinds of huge ranked lists are always terrible but skimming through this one, they could do worse. outside of matters of opinion (chelsea girl the highest ranked nico album?????) my only gripe is that they include shit like fleetwood mac and sonic youth i.e. groups that include women but aren't really led by them

kim probably wrote them and said she wrote evverythig

I think sonic youth was pretty influenced by the women that were in them. There is a difference in their sound between when lydia lunch and Jim Gordon are in it. But it's still a lame band to pic because they are an old band.

>lemonade high than back to black

based

Joanna newsom's discography, especially Ys

PJ Harvey in general

>Lemonade on Nr. 6
dumb list. putting a fairly recently released album that high onto the list discredits the whole thing IMO

Also it's funny you say they aren't led by women since the stereotype is that they're always singers in bands and can't play instruments.

>lemonade #6
>missy elliot top 10
>kate bush not even in the top 30

>beyonce, tlc, destiny's child, taylor swift, britney spears over fucking diamanda galas

Some good stuff in there.

Hilarious that Against Me were included.

Disappointed that The Fool - Warpaint wasn't in there.

>Lemonade on Nr. 6
I mean it's a great album, but of all time? no please

>Wendy Carlos
Uh...

Except that in both Fleetwood Mac and Sonic Youth the women led the band just as much as the men did

how the actual fuck is Ys at 141

Stupid list. Any Kate Bush album is better than lemomade. Also Bjork is too low and they put her most comercial successfull album instead of her best.

This

>all those commercial album
I wonder (((who))) made this list.

Kate bush is a Sup Forums meme btw.

So?

YAASSSS QWEEEN YASS YAAAAASSS

>it's a great album

if you're a nu-male, maybe

Top 5 is surprisingly good
As everyone else says Lemonade is way too high and Kate Bush and Björk are too low
Adele and Taylor Swift shouldn't be on the list at all
Joanna Newsom should be in the top 10 at least but I admit I'm biased towards her music and she hasn't really had a cultural impact

>Tori Amos over Kate Bush
Hmm............
>Lemonade nr 6
Hmm...........

Those picks are mostly alright tbqh, although I'm not a big fan of ranked lists. Could be worse.

If you don't think Grouper is the tightest shit then get out of my face

lucinda williams
joan baez
joanna newsome

>no joanna newson

This is a good list if you read it backwards

no grimes, no future

Kek Tori Amos is a cheap Kate copy.

Adele and Beyonce are better than Nico, Portishead, Bjork, Kate Bush, Joanna Newsom, Fiona Apple, Cocteau Twins and Laurie Anderson according to this.

That's the only thing they did right

> that actually push boundaries and aren't just pop
None of them, as they rarely do anything that is not pop (or folk) and that will appeal to anybody other than numales.