The 2010s are the worst decade in popular music

The 2010s are the worst decade in popular music.

I'm not being "contrarian" or "ironic" or "edgy". Just go look at the other decades and compare.

I hope you all get cancer if you gave any of this shit higher than 0.5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82Jg-Omwmo4
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTYgq4EoRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow you might just be dumb

you need to remove that (c)rap stuff in order to get a decent chart.
but even then there would be bowie and swans.
there is no hope for this decade

how do you remove a genre?

Why so much praise for hip hop music all of sudden in places like RYM or P4K.

>rym top albums for 2010s are shit
>therefore the 2010s are shit

establishment was scared that too much white indie would have caused a social revolution.

oh look this thread again

this

Not really, tpab is genuinely like the best album this decade, I mean i was born in 96, and i've listen to every major album from like 2000 till 2017, and it's the best.

>exactly the same thread
>exactly the same replies
fucking hell at least put some effort into your shitposting

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

>decade in popular music.
>popular

>you have to eat feces if all the rest of us are
>come on man it's just feces
>you don't wanna be CONTRARIAN do you?

how long have you had brain cancer for?

so it's the same guy making these threads and spamming the "le niggers r dumb" meme, right?

I really can't understand this, I mean, at least the stuff in the 00's and 90's was refreshing and had more emotion that this shit. RYM is weird sometimes.
Music really is a tool of manipulation for the soul.

What's wrong with The Seer?

What's wrong with you?

>Back to Sup Forums

Not because you're being racist, but because this is a music board. That is politics you posted. Get it through your thick fucking skull.

What the fuck did anythign he post have to do with politics?

>rym top albums for 2010s are shit
>therefore the 2010s are shit for popular music

TPAB is easily by an enormous margin the best album with that much mainstream appeal though. It's much better than any mainstream record with that much acclaim from last decade, too besides maybe Kid A.

You're not wrong

The 90s and 00s top 5 albums mean that much to me either. I don't get this obsession over rateyourmusic.

How?

OP you're such a huge, significant ball fondling faggot, I hope you die of syphillis.

ya rap just stands for retards attempting poetry am i rite XDDDDDDDDD

Why do you type like a retard?

Just trying to stoop down to your level of intellect.

Don't need to, I don't listen to rap.

>I hope you all get cancer if you gave any of this shit higher than 0.5
well that just seems kinda mean

Doubt it considering your inability to appreciate an art form due to your prejudices and preconceived notions of it.

Best album of 60s on RYM is TVU&N, a record that's influential for sure but extremely outdated in today's music world as the ideas on it have been expanded on by countless bands.

Best album of 70s is Dark Side Of The Moon, a record with studio effects that were cool for the time eclipsed by even generic EDM producer #33742.

Best album of the 80s is Doolittle, an album that does absolutely nothing new with rock music and contains by far the most simplistic/unengaging compositions out of all these (seriously this is some Nickleback tier crap.)

Best 90s is OKC, another goddamn art rock album because that's exactly what the 90s needed, an album that's just like late 60s/early 70s albums. Fuck that, it's very simplistic compared to The Beatles stuff they copped, too.

Best 2000s is Kid A, which is admittedly very good due to the wide variety of styles it represents musically while having an atmosphere that helps put it all together. That being said, its progressions are very simplistic especially compared to the only two decent tracks on OKC, Paranoid Android, and Karma Police.

The best record of the 2010s is To Pimp A Butterfly. It has far more dense and sophisticated production than any of the above mentioned albums (and that includes production marvels like DSOTM, OKC, and Kid A.) While not based in melody since it's hip-hop, when it chooses to be melodic like For Free or U, it's far more intricate and interesting than anything on the above records. Kendrick's vocal delivery is by far more versatile and actually emotional than the vocals present on any of the above records. It employs polyrhythm in ways the above can't hope to do. The harmonic progressions are pretty simple here, but it doesn't rely on them like the above records do.

Maybe TPAB will age like all the above records have (popular music always will), but in this very moment, it's far better than any of them.

it's almost like RYM is shitty place to look to for good music...hmmm...

Fuck off with this dumb "only philistines dismiss genres" meme. A genre is a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter". Give me a valid reason as to why dismissing a certain category of music with common traits is wrong, especially when pretty much every other genre does those traits in a much more sophisticated manner. Literally anything rap does, be it song structure, lyricism, intrumentalism, complexity, rhythmicality, etc, all those things have been done better in any other genre you can name.

Because most of the others have aged awfully in their particular realms of music while TPAB still boasts the most dense hip hop production with Kendrick having the most interesting flows since he plays the most different characters vocally on the record.

>(c)rap
>an art form

TVU&N is the only Top 10 of a decade on RYM that doesn't deserve a 3.0 or less

Musical Maturity Lesson #001: Introspect as a Means of Maximizing Success

Discovering and accepting musical biases, and employing your self-knowledge in a way conducive to the discovery and appreciation of good music

>example 1: "I really like 'x' (where 'x' can be a style, instrument, aesthetic, etc.) therefore I will seek out music with 'x' because I understand I am more likely to enjoy them."
>example 2: "I really dislike "x" (where 'x' can be a style, instrument, aesthetic, etc.) therefore I will avoid music containing 'x' for now because I understand I am less likely to enjoy them and prefer to keep my time as conducive to the discovery and appreciation of good music as possible."

It is perfectly okay (and even encouraged) to dismiss a genre of music if you hold strong bias against the prominent aesthetics that define that genre.
To imply that all genres are of equal worth, or that no genre is "devoid of good music" is a sign of both musical immaturity and unrefined taste.

>note: Accepting your musical biases does not mean to become complacent with them- quite to the contrary in fact. By pinpointing what you do and don't like, you can be much more effective in your search for good music by paying closer attention to the descriptions of and content within new musics.
>note 2: It is encouraged to be as specific and analytic with your musical biases as possible- dismissing large chunks of things merely because they fall under a vague or broad term can be a grave mistake, and putting too much on your plate at once with overly wide musical fetishes can be tiring.

>TPAB
>up to date
Fucking Dre was doing fare better and more interesting production more than two decades ago. Even death grips have more going for their production.
>Kendrick
>having vocal range
This post is a joke, right?

You must only listen to classical, jazz, and experimental electronic then, right?

My bet is he listens to metal or dadrock.

Isn't it hilarious how you accuse others of being retarded despite your vernacular being so fucked thanks to internet induced brain rot that you are only capable in communicating through shitty memes?

I can't think of many other genres where there is such a heavy emphasis on lyrics that not only paint a view of life and society but also does so with deeper/multiple meanings at many times. Some of it also has to do with trying to get an understanding of black culture which can't really be found as prevalently or in such high quality in other genres.

how if it's not even the best of it's own decade's GENRE (TPAB is NOT better than MBDTF or GKMC). Normally this would be bait, but it's clear you're the guy from the last thread

Yeah. Relative to right now for sure.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for middle school to start again, do your summer homework.

dad rock and metal is as shit as (c)rap

How is it a meme? they're 20-30 iq pts behind whites and asians

Always nice to have a cultured person among us.

Your perceived depth of rap's themes only stem from your disgusting black fetishism, which is the underlying reason for the surge of popularity in the genre among white American hipster youth.

>Dre
>Death Grips
Hahahahahah way to prove that you got no clue about production. Keep that ADHD gimmick shit outta here. Kendrick's backing arrangements on TPAB are far more layered than anything either have done while the way the album combines studio effects with real instrumentation hasn't been done before in popular music.
>range
I said range in DELIVERY you mentally deficient pile of shit. He brings in subtle melodic tinged to various words, will do stuff like scream, do that fluctuate thing, or cry. On the later part of the album he gets increasingly polyrhythmic.

XD

>Kendrick
>dense hip hop production
It's like you don't even listen to hiphop

we're entering into musical hyperreality where decades no longer mean anything and the best music will be coming out unnoticed for $6 on someone's band camp page

it doesn't change the fact that hip poop is the worst genre of all time

>do that fluctuate thing
Holy fuck this thread is gold

It seems that the death of chester bennington ushered in a lot of people on Sup Forums that don't understand how RYM works and that the charts don't really matter. Really gets the noggin joggin

>accuse others of being retarded
I wasn't even part of your convo my man. Your whole "rap's not good at anything it does" made me wonder then since if you favor sheer sophistication and intricacy that if you only listened to classical, jazz, and experimental electronic.

A, should have known. Get back to your containment board >>Sup Forums

TPAB has far better production than Good Kid "mostly mainstream style" Maad City and My Beautiful Dark "Twisted this fucking album through godawful mixing while the tracks are essentially pop rap" Fantasy. Kendrick's far more interesting in his raps and how he raps in TPAB since he plays a larger variety of characters, and of course Kanye not his MBDTF guests can touch Kendrick in rapping.

>I'm not being "contrarian" or "ironic" or "edgy".
>I hope you all get cancer if you gave any of this shit higher than 0.5

K bud.

Nobody is forcing you to listen to it.

He's right
I don't see your argument

explain using purely aesthetic terms (the music itself) why rap is bad

>he
whatever you say

I do. It's more dense than MBDTF (which really isn't that dense due to how simple the structures are, lack of cool in depth studio effects, and brickwalling) while it's got a larger arrangement than anything The Roots worked with while the studio work itself eclipses the sample trickery of guys like BombSquad. Go DL a DAW for free, you are ignorant.
>what is Kendrick's voice cracking in the beginning of U
Mentally deficient or troll? I hope it's the latter.

How could it be samefag? The mound of cheddar cheese wearing a Wu-Tang tee took my posting rights and told me to go to Sup Forums. I'm already transgressing on him by posting this
Already did

>implying i like wu-tang

>Literally anything rap does, be it song structure, lyricism, intrumentalism, complexity, rhythmicality, etc, all those things have been done better in any other genre you can name.
stunning dissection of 30 years of music right there, no hyperbole whatsoever

I like Wu-tang

You would

See no reason why not considering you're a living stereotype.

In that case you must be the living stereotype of an edgy 12 year old.

>I know you are but what am I
Do you even notice the irony in the shit you post?

You're making it easy
A retard rambling about nigger struggles in ebonics occasionally shoving in random words from a syllabus to 'rhyme'
An extremely primitive 'beat' that repeats 100 times
Maybe a basic 4 note melody

Fucking 10/10 black lives matter

Edgy 12 year olds love rap

Just shitposting like you.

>what is irony

Sorry, forgot the friendless part of the edgy 12yo stereotype. The edgy rap kids probably actually have friends and don't sit around shitposting on a peruvian bongo music enthusiast imageboard.

>The edgy rap kids probably actually have friends and don't sit around shitposting on a peruvian bongo music enthusiast imageboard
Evidently false. Otherwise, I wouldn't have anyone to reply to.

Stop listening to rap, it's embarrassing.

The music's objectively more normie than anything you listen to though thanks to Billboard and streaming stats. That means that said rap kids have far more friends that you do. Based on your posting style, it appears that you also agree with the lewronggeneration premise of OP, so that means the gap in friends might be even larger.

>every rap thread in a nutshell
youtube.com/watch?v=82Jg-Omwmo4

>letting your idea of how others perceive you dictate what you listen to
You'll grow up someday.

>>letting your idea of how others perceive you dictate what you listen to
lol

>An extremely primitive 'beat' that repeats 100 times
>Maybe a basic 4 note melody
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTYgq4EoRo
show me either of those things in this song

>never actually listened to Kendrick Lamar
what the fuck, does this guy think he's rap's Frank Zappa or somehting

Nigger struggles is rarely the topic. It's why there's praise if it is the topic. Considering that every praised rapper has more complex rhyme schemes, it's not occasionally either.

Hip hop has more sophisticated production than even a lot of electronic music. Not primitive. Guys like Bomb Squad and Beastie Boys make electronic/avant garde plunderphonics artists look amateur in comparison, while TPAB manages to be far more sophisticated than the primitive takes on "combine electronics with real instruments" of classical/jazz which can only do stuff like the mic work of Time And Motion Study II or Sipiagin's gimmicks. If repetition is automatically inherently bad according to you, then you're just another ADHD pleb who can't do details/atmosphere in music. It's why even in classical anyone can do Bach or Beethoven but not as many can do Reich or Melnyk.

Hip hop's not a very melodic genre as it's focused more of rhythmic interplay, but when it chooses to do so it can be complex (e.g. certain tracks by Kanye, The Roots, Shabazz Palaces, Kendrick)

Also:
>listening to popular music for melody
>not classical or jazz

>does this guy think he's rap's Frank Zappa or somehting
probably

>top albums
>not sorting by esoteric

>Melnyk
Thanks for the namedrop rec.

I love how you can write paragraphs of shit to justify liking the most basic of shit music that literally everyone likes

blackstar was great though

Well, that other guy was that mentally deficient that it required this much explain for simplistic popular music. God forbid someone tries to explain art music to him, even a simpler composer like Mozart would give him an aneurysm.

fuck you fuck this

>Guys like Bomb Squad and Beastie Boys make electronic/avant garde plunderphonics artists look amateur in comparison
Imagine thinking this.