>currently working at little gay Caesars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0n0Et8aI3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope. Get better job

>is art college worth it?

Sure.

If you want to work at little Caesar's for the rest of your life it is

No it's literally useless. Unless you want to be an art teacher or art museum curator, those are the only two jobs I can think of were an art degree might help

>>is art college worth it?
>why not?

My brother majored in art and now he is a night watch security at a hospital. I majored chemistry and I'm a research biochemist. You decide if it's worth it

i want to do biology but i'm not good in science. can anyone dumb fuck become a scientist?

the economy is trash right now. so no.

Not for money. You should just go to community college, learn a trade that will make you money, THEN go to art college and learn either for hobbies or to help with your trade. You could become a welder, then make metal sculptures. People pay out the ass for a good metal sculpture. My mom paid $200 for an artistically rusted then sealed metal cut-out.

whoops i meant job market.

Biology is literally the easiest core science major. You'll get shit tier science jobs with a BS in Bio

Get a trade first. Plumber, Millwright, machinist, etc etc,

after you work that for 5 or 10 years and have your ticket then you can easily afford to do the art college stuff and not be broke ass poor after because you will have real life skills you can always use.

It's not the degree that matters with art shit. It's the skills you learn, and the time and space to fuck up and try things you can't try when you do something for money. That's the worthwhile part, not the paper at the end.

Absofuckinglutelynot.

Go to college for pharmacy technician, or registered massage therapist, or literally any trade. Make real money (especially the first two if you want easy money). Then pursue your hobbies.

Any arts school, even specialty schools, will claim you will have your pick of a billion jobs when you graduate... that is all sales tactic for retards. There are a finite few jobs in the field, and a far fewer number of them actually pay... and they are all taken, and will be taken forever. You will be poor and you will have wasted your parents money.

No, art comes from the heart. You don't need to go to school for art, just do it at home. Make it a hobby and find something else to do for a living. The only art that may generate money is Graphic Design, but I'd still say it's too risky. Besides, what kind of art are you into?

Went to art school to get a graphic design degree. Hung out mostly with fine art and photo kids. First year was mostly just a massive drug filled existential crisis lots of crying and some self harm. But the second half was pretty much a giant orgy. If you're not a loser and fall into the right crowd it can be a fucking blast. Highly recommend using stimulants. Get an Adderall script. You gotta work hard to get a good rep both socially and academically and there is no fucking time for sleep.

Best part is I got out and worked a shit job for a year but made enough contacts that 5 years later I make 6 figures.

all of stuf they teach there you can learn by yourself
also if you want to pass to next tyear you have to learn USSELES stuf like caligraphy , art history of acient egip etc. or painting with fuckin tempera paint (3000 y old technology)

animation is my goal

Why don't you try Software Programming?

Great idea if you want to work for Shareblue.

shit. this really made me think.

i don't know how to code.

If you make less than 10 an hour go work at Walmart or Kohl's

You don't know how to draw either you shit head.

i don't want to sink that low just yet.

but i want to get better. plus i rather get free access to software in college rather than paying thousands at home.

I always saw it as a gamble. Being the best in your field(for exaggerated purpose), guarantees you, but I always envied the artists that made it cause you know they are truly doing what they love

Dude fuck it. Work shitty jobs, get by but atleast try whatever art-thing you're doing. Fuck up and don't take the easy way out any second in there, and live a fucking life. Don't risk throwing away your dream. Fuck the cynical assholes on here. Just get off and try something for once. And if you fail, fucking fail. Atleast you can say you had the balls to go for it.

guarantees you nothing**

fixed typo

study hard

youtube.com/watch?v=m0n0Et8aI3s

If you are good at problem solving and you like creating stuff (and if you don't mind spending 8 hours per day in front of a monitor) you will be able to learn a programming language in a couple of months.
For your first languages i'd recommend C, then C# (or Java, but their concept and standard libraries are similar) or C++ (if you like pointers, also C++ is very extremely to C, it's like C with Objects).
If you want to make websites ignore everything i said, and learn HTML, CSS, JS, SQL and any server side language (like PHP, C# or JS).
Also if you want to you can learn one language and stick to it, if you are able to find a job with it (like C# and Java).

>is art college worth it?

Like any post-secondary education, as long as you can find an angle you can live off afterward it can be worth it.

However, people tend to have lofty ideas as to why they'd go to art college; never considering they would need to make a dollar for the venture to pay off. So they wind up working for Wal-Mart for the rest of their lives paying back student loan debt that will never disappear.

The angles do exist, but one has to go through a series of networks to find it. Make friends with movers and shakers from any given craft, and dig in deep with them (even at the expense of the 'art' you perform; compromise your own integrity).

Success and failure come in extremes, in my experience. My circle of friends in college, 2 of the 5 became successful in their art. One is actually making movies who did CGI work for Fast 7 and Transformers 5. The other wound up being a graphic designer; which for her was a short lived career that paid a livable salary, but decided to jump trades for something more life-fulling.

While the other 3 friends, couldn't find that 'angle' and wound up in 'lesser careers'. Managing a McDonald's, working construction clean up, and ....well, living on welfare currently, blaming 'the man', and pushing flat-earth conspiracies.

Depends on what your major is. Exgf went to art school for fine art. Couldn't find a job, currently working at starbucks. Her roommate (my new gf) went fashion and is rolling in money right now

The best part of art school wasnt the art. The art came from the social atmosphere, the people you meet and the other subjects you learn. History and philosophy was more important to me than the technical skills.

I got dormed with a dude that turned out to be a major heart throb. Could basically get any chick in the city. Basically became his manager and we built out a crazy party culture over our tenure

You basically make the party into a happening. Your life becomes the art. You make the music, you create a crazy art space with all your work on the walls. You smoke cigarettes naked while blowing lines with a bunch of crazy people and you talk about your naive opinions. But it doesn't matter that you're full of shit. Content didn't matter. All that matters is that you create a novel experience that people can feel good about.

What a time to be alive. Just talking bullshit and getting laid. After 30 it just gets sad though so hop on it while you can. You can always learn code when you're older and less interesting

>You can always learn code when you're older and less interesting
I'm not sure if he will be able to rewire his brain to solve programming problems at a very old age with no previous experience. He might be able, but i think that it would be a lot harder.

being poor is a great motivator

Once you're out of university unless you stay in academia science jobs are mostly about knowing the terminology.
When private industry wants to research things they usually do collaborations between academia and form their own company advisory groups and whatnot.
It's kind of why they say gpa doesn't matter much, and grad school is a waste of time unless you want to stay in academia.

I'm in an analytical chemical company and very few people here have their MSc or Phd, and for the most part the majority of the job is just client care and you need to know what you're talking about I guess, but it's not quite like what it is during school. It's pretty easy overall.

Dude. 30 is not too old to learn front end development. I'm not saying he's going to be doing database architecture but almost every front end guy I work with learned it after failing out of something else.

Why don't people go into trades more?

If we ever go into an economic depression. Tradesmen will be the ones with jobs still, unlike HR/librarians/social worker people.

Probably won't be living in a mansion at 60, but you'll have a guaranteed job for the rest of your life allowing you to pursue w/e else.

I got a 1 year cert when i got out of HS for a medical job. I'll always have a job wherever i move.

When i finished my linguistics degree, i thought i would get some speech therapist or related job. Nope, complete waste of time, liked the content though.

Going to apprentice as an electrician soon for something new. Tired of putting dip sticks in pee and poking people with a needle.

I have been poor for my entire life and i'm not motivated to do anything in life.

I was thinking of low-level programming, not web-development or GUI design. Also database structure isn't even a little complicated, it's bunch of data types with names in tables.

Clearly it doesn't work for everyone then. I hated being poor. Learned to code, making bank atm. I didn't want to stay where I was. Different things for different people.

My country sucks so i have given up on everything, unless i find a way to move out of this shithole i won't be able to make any money.

Trades can be more profitable than doctors if you know what you're doing.
If you're starting your own company you'll be pushing millions of dollars around which could give pretty large net profits. Like even small 15 story high rises still cost around $100mil to build.

is medical school worth it ? should i do something like dentistry?

Take your dick out on cam. I did that for a while too. Shaved my legs on cam for some sick fuck. But he paid be $500 to watch and mail him the hair so...500 is 500

I mow lawns

I bought a shitty beat up ford ranger to tow my shitty driving mower to do while I full timed at RadioShack. I saved while paying rent at my shitty apartment in a shitty city. I eventually bought a nicer car, nicer mowing gear, hired a few teenage fucks to mow for me while I worked my job. Then I just kept expanding.

Now I mow full time with my Landscaping company, I employ 30 guys and I have 10 trucks. I mow around 75 residential and 3 commercial properties making around 90k a year. I'm my own boss, I have insurance, I take 2 months off a year and vacation with my wife and kids.

The point is I barely got my GED and I'm doing great. College is supremely over rated, there's tons of things out there that people don't wanna do themselves that you can do for them for money. Fuck college and fuck being 100K in debt.

Damn and all this time I've been removing my hair for free

Sorry, but i wouldn't be able to do that because i do not own a webcam or a phone. Yeah i'm that poor. Do you wanna see my PC specs?

yeah man, it's weird as fuck what people will pay someone for. Sold a pair of boxer briefs that I wore to the gym for $50USD to him too.

Sick fucks with too much money

This right here! People are so concerned about getting some big fancy degree, and look down on blue collar jobs as something "stupid people do". Yet they freak the hell out when their A/C, heaters, plumbing, or car breaks down. There's a growing decrease in people doing these jobs, so it's creating a demand for people to do them. Plumbing may be a crappy job, but there's a need for people to do it. Such a need, that even people fresh out of school can make an easy $20+ hourly doing it. I'm in a plumbing trade school now, and have 3 companies who said they would be interested in hiring me once I'm done with school and get my license.

So i have a problem with that show dick for money thing... I do not own a webcam or phone so i am not sure if there is a webcam compatible with my PC.
Could something work with this piece of shit?

I'd suggest you learn coding and editing on the side, so you could be an asset for app/game developers.
Even in the biggest studios, animators are made to do developmental handy-work.
You got this, Sup Forumsro.

totally. Cam doesn't require much. Most girls camming are in some shit 3rd world country anyway. Where ya from?

Macedonia

I'd probably still be a virgin if it wasn't for college. Girls go berserk after they get away from mom and dad. with very little social skills and a good solid 4/10 appearance, I easily scored chicks that were better looking than me (probably 7/10 was my hottest).
Fuck yeah, go to college.

Also, I got a kickass job right out of college. Didn't even have to interview. The HR guy just called me on the phone and we chatted for a few minutes. That degree spoke for itself.
I paid my student loans off in about 2 years and everything after that was gravy train.