Anyone else starting to get sick of superhero films year after year?

Anyone else starting to get sick of superhero films year after year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzqZborBWtA
youtube.com/watch?v=JgveW_2EHVE
youtube.com/watch?v=FFWLkCnT50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stfu, it's a fucking movie. Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

Who cares lol.

I haven't been to a cinema for over five years and that was with a girl who wanted me to go with her.

Read a book or something dude.

The last film I saw in theaters was the new Star Wars which I got talked into seeing. I went in with a positive attitude but the movie was trash.

>Peruvians caring about the american civil war

That's why I don't watch them

Yup, it's borderline idolatry at this point.

TRIGGERED LEAF! GET YOUR RAKES, PEOPLE.

The bottom panel sounds like what people did before they had call of duty and counter strike death matches.

I'm not interested in superheroes anyway.

I'll let you in on a secret:

The internet allows you access to a vast library of movies from our entire history of making them.

You can watch whatever you want.

Try something from the 40s or 50s. Lots of quality movies without the fastcutting explosions nonsense.

where can i watch the 2nd one?

I've noticed the superhero shit being popular with nu-males and gamer gurrlz . The last superhero movie I watched was the Avengers and I didn't understand why normies were so obsessed with it. Maybe I'm autistic who knows.

They're obsessed with quips and the power-equalizing in these movies as they are incapable of winning any arguments or earning the respect of anyone they value. That's the case with most people I've met who like this stuff. Usually they change pretty fast once they learn to respect their own opinion.

By the way, you've watched this right?

And this.

Starting? They've always been shit.

I'd go so far as to argue that they keep getting pushed out in an effort to brainwash the public into apathy with the idea that a hero will stand for them eventually.

People who enjoy these movies are like people with thick rim hipster glasses or neck tattoos. I know to avoid them and not take them seriously.

Yes, anything comic related is degenerate, manchildren shit.

>he doesn't enjoy capekino
Laughinggirls.jpg

>burg
Everytime

>female mary sue lead actor
>space negro
>directed by jew jew abrahms

>positive attitude

epic

We need more movies about America's history. But of course these days any movie about the civil war would be all about muh slavery and muh white guilt.

every comic book movie is trash

even the dark knight was fucking garbage. I'm not even memeing it blows my fucking mind how people hold that flick in such high regard.
>Muh super serious dark comic book movie

GROWN MAN DRESSED UP LIKE A FUCKING BAT

fuck i hate capeshitters so much
every time these fucking manchildren pay to watch the next faggot in a lycra suit we're denied what could be the next Die Hard or Terminator

you people are fucking pathetic kill yourselves

I was sick of it years ago. Stop seeing movies and TV altogether unless something really worth your time comes out, like 13 Hours, Heart of the Sea, etc..

It's funny that the best superhero-related media of this decade was a plot line that took up maybe 40% of a Netflix tv series.

Maybe civil war will end like the comic does. With anyone who fights the government kneeling down and begging for forgiveness, showing their obedience to the new nanny state.

Just the Marvel Studios movies. They all feel like watching the same fucking movie over and over again.

Yes, but just because they are all bad.

Cheers Sven, I was just about to ask if there were any decent civil war films.

>Google best movies of 1970s=top cinematic dramas of all time
>Google best movies of 2000s=mostly one dimensional nerd fantasies
>RIP cinema

Now that's cool, it's be awesome to see the Protomen as a movie, just as long as they kept the ending.

Well, the interesting part about Gettysburg, and Gods and Generals in particular, is that they strike up a neutral view. Gods and Generals leans southern in its sympathies, and for that (and for being overlong and bloated admittedly) it was very poorly received.

Compare it to something like the Spielberg directed Lincoln that rewrote history to suit the liberal views and contrast the quality of the movies versus the critical reception. It's almost funny.

Unfortunately there's not much worth watching about this period.

You've got Glory, which is a good film, despite also being pandering with depicting a black regiment. Gone With the Wind obviously is a great movie, but the Civil War is only tangential.

There's the Ken Burns documentary series if you want something other than a movie. It's well made, dips heavy into personal accounts and was also criticised for "southern sympathies" (primarily because Burns used Shelby Foote as a reference). It's slightly balanced and that's a terrible faux pas for liberals.

If only there was some way you simply see the films you want to see and not the ones you don't

Underrated.

kekked.

Humans have always told tales of myth and legend, of monsters, heroes and fantastical tales. Today's iron man would have been told around a campfire as Beowulf in the past. It is something innately human and there is no problem with it. Plus there is plenty of historical drama around.

Season 2 was shit outside of Frank.

Very sick. Very

This is the only important idea in capeshit and it was done well in that episode. Here encapsulated in one page.

Capeshit isn't very different from hero myths of old, but instead of going into the moral ideas behind a lot of those stories, they stay in the area of "Hercules then lifted a very heavy rock and beat another guy".

Beowulf sucks compared to Chinatown or The Godfather. Human storytelling developed a complexity and drama undreamed of in primitive mythology. Returning to primitive storytelling is a step backwards.

Nope

Footes books are great and I found them not at all biased. I'm a northern Yankee with family who fought for the union, so I would call out southern apologists when I see them

Not if you kill two or three more

>jumping on the star wars hate bandwagon this hard

Civil war was dumber than most. Iron man's actions don't plausably fit the character at all. Too long for a superhero movie and too much plot, and too much boring setup required for all the threads. And predictably over the top unbelievable action eye candy that has long ago gone from sweet to cloying

This is the only comic book film franchise that I can stomach.

Are there any Andrew Jackson or Teddy Roosevelt films?

John Maclean is basically a superhero without a cape.

did you fug?

But what if I kill 3 killers? Then it's -2 killers

Checkm8 Fagman

Or if you were already a killer, then it would at least go down by one.

Has anyone noticed "superhero" movie fans are always the most weak powerless betas in real life?

I have never met any self reliant confident alpha who was into this crap

>weak men fantisise about having magic powers instead of facing the world as themsleves

>2016
>still consuming the absolute blue pill, also known as movies

That's because alphas just look in the mirror for inspiration.

youtube.com/watch?v=GzqZborBWtA

Glory is decent. Just pretend all the characters are white and you're good to go.

Check out Lone Survivor too cunts

What's so civil about war anyway?

cringe

there's a scene in glory where denzel washington's troops are marching through a ruined city in the south, all well-trained and respectful, then they come across another black brigade of union soldiers running around looting and raping and generally being dindu gibsmedats

then I think denzel says something to the effect of "if we act like that all our progress is for nothing" or something like that

good stuff

At least these blacks are willing to fight for what they want to earn

Today we have BLM cucks who want it handed to them

I don't care. Besides American civil war was probably the least important war in American history.

I mean yeah but if you don't the number still remains the same.
>Batman admits that he literally accomplishes nothing
Meanwhile Captain America throws people out of flying aircraft carriers and zeppelins.

stopped watching the electric jew many years ago

I'm sick of fucking garbage ones
I miss shit like the original Spiderman trilogy believe it or not
Also not politics

kek, bloodiest civil war in Western history is the least important American war.

Note Civil Wars and Revolutions are different

Batman cannot into math

Based movie moment.

I enjoyed Civil War. Going to have to say I'm avoiding all the new DC ones.

>kek, bloodiest civil war in Western history is the least important American war.
Wow, a whole 600,000 people died. Truly earth shattering. France had lost more soldiers than that during lone campaigns during the Napoleonic wars. As far as meaningful changes the civil war was purposeless, slavery wouldn't have lasted forever, the civil war simply ensured it was outlawed in 1865 instead of 1880 or 1890.

>France had lost more soldiers than that during lone campaigns during the Napoleonic wars
That may be true, but last time I checked the Napoleonic wars didn't shape US politics (outside of the Louisiana Purchase of course)
>As far as meaningful changes the civil war was purposeless
It shifted the culture of State pride to National pride defining American politics for 151 years.
>slavery wouldn't have lasted forever, the civil war simply ensured it was outlawed in 1865 instead of 1880 or 1890.
It wasn't about the right to own slaves, it was about the States right to determine whether or not it would be contained/outlawed by federal mandate

>less yanks tho

The Civil War is historically important though, being one of the first wars where somewhat mechanized, modern(ish) weaponry was used, and as a result was ridiculously bloody.

>That may be true, but last time I checked the Napoleonic wars didn't shape US politics (outside of the Louisiana Purchase of course)
The Louisiana purchase was more fundamental in changing America than the civil war as it doubled the size of the US overnight and led to the idea of the US being able to reach from coast to coast.
>It shifted the culture of State pride to National pride defining American politics for 151 years.
Nobody in the North had a sense of state pride and even the south was slowly losing its sense of state pride. There is a reason the Union drafted subhumans like the Irish instead of volunteering to fight to keep states they didn't care about in the union.
>It wasn't about the right to own slaves, it was about the States right to determine whether or not it would be contained/outlawed by federal mandate
It was about the right to own slaves. Lincoln made zero promises or implications about the outlawing of slavery and all of US history up to the civil war had been the expansion and not the containment of slavery. Case and point is the Missouri compromise being repealed in favour of the Kansas-Nebraska act which allowed the aforementioned states to vote on the matter when originally they would have been free states under the Missouri Compromise. Of course the southern trash were just as low as the niggers they owned, hopped the border in droves and tried to make Kansas a slave state eventually murdering people. Even then Kansas is a pretty shitty state for growing cotton so their actions weren't even for a good reason.

Jesus Christ we really are shitposters

Most of that was made up, look it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=JgveW_2EHVE

best scene from gods and generals

See

Glory is pretty fucking based.

It handles race far, far better than other movies about that period.

See Glory is pretty fucking based.

It handles race far, far better than other movies about that period.

They are fucking terrible. Grow up, degenerates, comic book movies are for children.

Glory was factually true... which already puts it ahead of 99% "black" hero movies. And I like that it showed conflict among them, and a gambit of emotions. It also showed, for contrast, blacks that were not trained being turned lose on the Union's enemies.

All and all, I support the movie. Heck, afterall, we all got behind Dorner when he was going asymmetrical on the LAPD.

Mad Max cucked capeshit irl though

>Two killers exist
>One kills the other
>Now one killer exists

Disposable garbage brainlessly worshipped by degenerate manchildren and normies

My bad just got it:
>One killer + one normie exist
>Normie kills the killer
>Now there is still one killer
Still dumb, pls no bully though

Met one who literally said to me something along the lines of 'I go to the movies to watch superheros, not humans'. They are emasculated betas, it is embarrassing! At least the greeks lifted to look like the gods.

You are not looking in the right places. Schlock like eternal sunshine and 500 days of summer is irrelevant

Plus if you kill your enemies they win

>the only nigger 'round here is you

much in the same vein as cod or battlefield

honestly, don't give it a second thought, don't dwell on it. you gotta save your energy and thought for important shit, like how you're gonna celebrate when trump gets elected