What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?

What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclusive-al-gores-home-devours-34-times-more-electricity-than-average-u-s-household/
youtu.be/_SGlPnA_iCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone make lots and lots of ice cubes really quickly.

I'm cutting down on greenhouse emissions

ask Trump do change his mind

Unless the answer contains some variant of "exterminate entire human population of continental Asia overnight, destroy industrial sites in the developing world, and halt rain forest removal", realistically nothing.

>ask Trump do change his mind
You'd have to find it first

The only solution is clear but no one wants to admit it: Reduce the human population.

If we were at 1billion we wouldn't be facing climate change.

Regardless its going to happen one way or the other, so may as well prep for it and ride out the storm.

We could try making ozone-filled balloons, made to deflate once they reach the ozone layer

Nothing, fuck the planet.

Move onto better forms of eneergy sources. Nuclear is the best bet. Neanderthal government wants to keep us on coal though

Or stop eating meat. Raising cattle is one of the biggest impacts. Hasn't stopped me though.

Cattle farts is THE biggest impact. Dat methane is even worse a greenhouse gas than C02

>Carpet bomb India, China & Africa
>Continue with alternative energy r&d at a leisurely pace

>implying our withdrawal from the Paris Accords matters in the slightest
It doesn't.

I should adjust my lifestyle becuase others make irresponsible choices and breed like rabbits?

Fuck that. I don't have children and plan to have any and I'm not paying for anyone else's shitty choices.

You LIBTARDS think your so fucking smart with your little snarky ass comments about our PRESIDENT. "Hue hue hue hue hurr twump iz dummm" OH FUCKING WOW NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE!

GOD! I fucking hate all of you anti american, 2nd amendment hating, organic food eating, skinny jean wearing, condescending fucking LIBERAL PUSSIES.

Please fucking gas yourselfs and save the world from complete mental fucking retardation.

West Antarctica GET.

deal with it

how about niggers in africa stop having so many fucking kids when they already have no food and are dying anyways

Nothing. The Earth will fix it for us.

Consider that over the millennia, the temperature of the Earth has been much hotter and also much colder than it is currently. Proof that climate change is a natural thing.

Regardless of whether or not we humans have anything to do with it (not saying we don't, not saying we do, that's beside the point), the temperatures will eventually change, and we will either adapt, or not. More than likely we will, of course. But also there will be fewer of us due to rising sea levels, more powerful storms, etc.

Eventually it will self-regulate, we will be reduced in number but will bounce back. It will all happen again and again.

Until the sun destroys everything, in about 5.5 billion years or so.

Why should we make any attempts to regulate a process that we absolutely cannot control? To do so would be folly, and pointless. Let's focus on planetary travel, so we can one day leave and find another planet to fuck with.

That map is a monument to stupidity.

>You LIBTARDS think your so fucking smart with your little snarky ass comments about our PRESIDENT. "Hue hue hue hue hurr twump iz dummm" OH FUCKING WOW NEVER HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE!
>GOD! I fucking hate all of you anti american, 2nd amendment hating, organic food eating, skinny jean wearing, condescending fucking LIBERAL PUSSIES.
>Please fucking gas yourselfs and save the world from complete mental fucking retardation.

You need to fuck a chicken, calm down and change your attitude

>What the fuck are we going to do about global warming?
What did they do the last time? Grew crops in Greenland.

Fuck all. That's what.

One of these days you libs will figure out it's a scam. The whole purpose is to monetize carbon, the basis of all life on this planet. By making carbon a commodity that you -must- trade, the elites drag you into a game of trading that you have neither the resources, nor the experience to win at. Just more chains from your Masters.

Stupid Humans...

That's one hot fucking cock.

i suggest you chill.

Not to worry, this guy's on the job.

There's ideas to spray a sort of compound around the planet that will block sun rays or something like that

Well said. Bravo.

Isn't that how the war with the machines started in the Matrix?

>That's one hot fucking cock.
It's a chicken, not a cock.
this is what cock looks like

this is what republicucks believe

I voted democrat until obama's 2nd term, when I voted mostly republican.

But that's not important. Prove my statement wrong. Point by point.

We need to shoot off some nukes to cause a nuclear winter. Things will even out.

I blame the education systems for people having this idiotic thinking

You think we won't adapt and ride it out? What is wrong about what he said?

What is incorrect about what he said?

Yet you don't counter any of my assertions. A proper education system would have taught you about debating properly.

is that a fuckin fly

If it starts a robot then that's a much cooler way to go out than rising sea levels. Win win in my book

Part of North East Newfoundland (North of St. John's) would be lost. I know this because I live there

Farm Canada, short Disney, fuck Florida, they deserve to be flooded.

Geologist here, checkin in on my favorite thread subjects.

AMA

Short answer to all your questions: we are doomed. Party now because why not

It's too late. At least you can take comfort in the fact that you no longer have to do anything to try and stop it.

The increase in Carbon Emissions is of our own doing, So if we contributed to it then why can we not control it?

We most like will ride it out but millions of species of animals won't

this ISN'T A joke

or a robot

Get a grip, Trumpbilly.

how about we all commit suicide and see if thatll help.

oh and if Al Gore would practice what he preached, then maybe i might believe this authoritarian nonsense.

dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclusive-al-gores-home-devours-34-times-more-electricity-than-average-u-s-household/

You are quite wrong. We will not ride it out.

Wait, this is fucking fantastic news. Indonesia is completely wiped fucking out.
Bring it.

Yes, he is.

On a geological scale perhaps. My great great grandchildren, if I have any are fucked but if I make enough to afford a yacht, then party on.

I honestly doubt this. Humans have survived far greater changes in temperature and that was without our modern and future technology.

Not fucked actually. Just gonna have a really shitty planet to live on.

Its gonna take a long time to kill off everyone. People will suffer vastly before then though.

Many lulz will be had of course

Part of the problem right here.

Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.

Leads to an increase in the world's population, which fucks the earth.

Change your thinking, save the world.

Again, you are wrong. And an asshole

Understandable. Gonna go fuck my sister party on!

/thread

Why?

Humans were much more robust as a species then, and much less pussified by the ability of genetic retards to survive, due in part to that modern tech.

its not US surviving its everything ELSE holy shit. even a half degree change in the ocean will cause mass species extinction

>Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.
Clearly you don't live in middle to upper class white areas. Whites are not replacing themselves. It's the brown people.

Prove it, cunt whistler.

We're talking about humans. Besides, new species will develop. Or is the earth empty of species because of dinosaur extinctions?

Like I fucking said..Everyone wants more than 1.

Brown people included.

Cause I didn't want to type a lot but I'll take the bait

Temperatures have been rising and falling very insignificantly up until around the industrial revolution when we burned a load of coal and thought it was all fine. Since then it's been a steady increase and recently it's been a rapid increase all due to humans. All CLIMATE scientists agree on this. As for planetary travel being easier than fixing our planet you just don't know anything about space. To get to mars not only incredibly risky but it'll take around 21 months for a round trip. Just about everything can go wrong on the way there and it's ridiculously expensive. Not to mention we'd have to SOMEHOW terraform mars to suit us and a lot of other issues I don't wanna type out. It'd be much easier to fix what we've done here than to go to live on another planet.
However people like you stick with your ignorant arguments so everything I typed was a waste of time

Tell mister sun to stop making heat
youtu.be/_SGlPnA_iCk

Nothing because it's not real. No American except for stupid millennials even care about global warming.

But not white people.

Even if our world was ecologically healthy forever, we would still need to develop space travel and colonization to survive because eventually the sun will destroy us. We need to work on space travel.

But the temps have already changed that much since the end of the little ice age in the 1800s. Nothing catastrophic happened.

Ya'll act like mass extinctions have never happened before. The earth has been as much as 3 degrees centigrade hotter than now during existing human history. We survived then, we will survive again, most of us anyway.

I, for one, am not concerned

> (You)
>Part of the problem right here.
>Everyone wants kids. Everyone wants more than just one. Everyone wants 2, or 3, or 4.
>Leads to an increase in the world's population, which fucks the earth.
>Change your thinking, save the world.

I would be happy with one child, preferably two. Right now we are beneath the carrying capacity of the planet. In terms of population and survivability the US and India are mostly okay. The EU, Japan and China are 7 shades of fucked.

I honestly have my doubts about anthropogenic global warming. Even if it is actually real and not an artifact of measurements surviving it isn't actually a problem. I am more worried about a progressively aging populace and the troubling mouth to hands ratio.

The earth has been much colder and much hotter than now. That is a fact.

At one time Florida was completely under water. At another time more of Florida was above it than is currently.

There was a fucking ice age in which glaciers covered much of the northern hemisphere. on multiple occasions. Plenty of evidence there.

These glaciers retreated by melting. Ice..freezing...and melting...and freezing...and melting...

Proof of climate change. Undeniable proof. Unless you don't believe in glaciers.

We're coming out of a mini ice age. That's what happens, it gets warmer
>All CLIMATE scientists agree on this.
Far from it. climate scientists are smarter than that. Those are the political stooges.

Agreed but the sun will kill us in BILLIONS of years. That's more than enough time to figure out planetary travel. Meanwhile climate change is a more pressing matter to deal with

If USA, you will go into denial mode for as long as you possibly can, then a little longer just to be sure, then when the last of you can't even stomach the embarrassment of toeing that old line, immediately switch to pointing fingers at anyone else you can.

Defend stupidity, selfishness, greed and gluttony oil it kills everyone, because jews are right and you are stupid barbarians good for manning the factories and that's it.

I look forward to watching you idiots run out of food and water, and all your poorly planned cities dump their prime real estate into the sea. It's gonna be fucking hilarious. The stupid die first.

>those are the political stooges

We've got a conspiracy believer here, boys. Abandon arguments there's no use arguing with him

Invite more third worlders because they know how to live with less.

>run out of food
Considering we export far more food than we import, I say that's not very likely.

Americans don't care about your made up eurofag bullshit.

Guys, why bother saving the earth? As has been said, the sun will destroy it anyway. Why postpone the inevitable? Anything good we do will be destroyed. All evidence of our life on earth will no longer be seen. Eventually the whole universe will decay. Why are you worried about saving this place for a few more years? Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die.

lol proving him right

Another thing about food: the government actually pays farmers to NOT use their fields for crops. We have usable cropland we aren't putting to use. If there ever is a food crisis, we have the ability to produce more.

If change in global temperate is a direct consequence of CO2 and other green house gases, and if the amount of CO2 expulsion by industrialization has increased exponentially since the industrial revolution, why has temperature change followed a linear model as opposed to exponential change like CO2 expulsion?

>and that will continue unaffected bc crops grow like magic regardless of climate
lol

Because the jews are manipulating the data to further their zionic agenda.

Just made up zionic, not sure if it's real or not.

/thread

>there's only one type of crop, and only one type of growing zone
lol

Americans will not starve. We are a war like people with the most powerful military on the planet. Let that sink in for a minute.

>duh joooooooos

lolfuckingretard

you seriously thought i meant that? fuck dude, i was being sarcastic

This will probably seen stupid to most people but just doing a little to cut consumption of meat will help. Like changing from having it every meal of the day to just once a day will even help.

Didn't they recently find a bacteria that feeds on methane? If so, cultivate and genetically modify it, then reduce atmospheric CH4 with it

Close, but no. Wisconsin. Farmer.
And you clearly know nothing about what is coming down the pike, and thus deserve everything you get for your ignorance.

You're forgiven. I'm sorry I insulted your religion.

Best answer

>Consider that over the millennia, the temperature of the Earth has been much hotter and also much colder than it is currently. Proof that climate change is a natural thing.

You're correct. It has been hotter and colder in the past. And yes, climate change is a natural occurance. But that's not the problem. The problem is the rate of change of the climate. Those higher and lower temperatures you refer took thousands, if not 10s or 100s of thousands of years to occur. The changes we're facing will occur in a fraction of that time, like only hundreds of years. And the problem is that life as we know it will have an extremely hard time adapting to those changes in such a short time span. Yes, there will be organisms that will survive (depending on many factors), but most won't.

>Eventually it will self-regulate, we will be reduced in number but will bounce back. It will all happen again and again.

I don't know why you think physics will behave in our favor, but that's a very egotistical statement. All you have to do is look at Venus and realize nature can spin out of control, far beyond what any life on earth can withstand (tardigrades and the like excepted).

>Why should we make any attempts to regulate a process that we absolutely cannot control? To do so would be folly, and pointless. Let's focus on planetary travel, so we can one day leave and find another planet to fuck with.

Earlier you admitted to not knowing whether the current change in climate is anthropogenic, meaning as far as you know it could very well be man-induced. If it is, we can undo it. Or at the very least slow its progress. It would be irresponsible of us to allow it to continue when it is within our power to do something about it *now*. To leave it for future generations to worry about is pretty fucked up. And if we have the technology to move off-planet as you're suggesting, the amount of resources it would take to do so would be much greater than it would to fix the climate

Need help translating. Anybody speak Russian?

>Americans will not starve.
Nigger, wtf you talking about? You've got millions of Americans starving right now.

Chile is fucking ded ;_;

Fuck off yankee. Texas, which is the best state, will be fine.

Nothing. The scientific consensus already claims it's irreversible and since no one feels like stepping in to force some regulation on China or Africa there is no possible way to go carbon neutral anyways. The best we have is financially raping 1st world nations in the name of saving the world from the inevitable.