STOP SPEAKING ENGLISH

STOP SPEAKING ENGLISH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XxWhXyeFYjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Non

pourquoi?

this. i hate that i ever learned english. it's a shit language that rots your brain. i wish i could fry english out of my brain with electrotherapy.

Why does Paul call out Americans though, from my experience I've met plenty of Americans that know French or another language Australians and NZ on the other hand. Have never met a single one.

youtu.be/XxWhXyeFYjc

Imagine driving from Barcelona to Moscow and communicating with everyone in french, even the uneducated backwards rural folk

You would have trouble with any language. Your best bet might be German even over Russian once you get past Poland.

Americans don´t live sorrounded by other languages like in Europe, so they don´t have learn another language out of necessity. Though if you go to Florida or near the border of Mexico, a lot of americans speak spanish.

Exactly, americans don't have that much of a problem here. You could drive from coast to coast and not really need to know anything else besides english. The whole situation doesn't promote an incentive to actually learn a second language for the general population, except for the southern parts of the country.

Yea but what I was saying is that I have met Americans that speak another language vs not a single Australian or NZer that does. They are in a similar situation.

Don't speak it then Somalinigger

Do you know proto-nordic?

True but those americans are an exception to the rule

I only learned english so i can shitpost here. I guess americans shitpost natively.

What a self-hating cuck. Anglos don't have any reason to learn any language other than English because our the Anglo's cultural dominance. This isn't going to change (due to the complexity of Mandarin).

Yes, every other person will learn English. That's just the reality.

>because our the Anglo's cultural dominance.
You mean American influence, right? Also people don't learn English because of cultural influence they do it in order to communicate with others. English is the easiest language there is that's why it's agreed to be the universal language.

You are exposed to a lot of English media. You need to understand English to read much of the Web. You need to know English to shitpost here. It's easy to expose yourself to English. For us foreign languages are an academic persuit.

He said "Anglos", i.e. Americans

English speakers struggle with other languages for a number of reasons:

>English grammar is as easy as taking a piss compared to most major languages

This makes it hard for english speakers to understand concepts like the subjunctive mood and pretirite/imperfect tenses

>No one lets them practise

I see Brits and Americans genuinely making an effort to speak in Spanish all the time here and locals just automatically switch the conversation to English even though the customer isn't struggling, which is just plain rude. This is even worse in Germany/Holland/Scandinavia.

>Lack of exposure

Living in Europe you see and hear things in other languages all the time, I know random words in German even though I've never studied German in my life and have no interest in it. In Britain this doesn't happen at all.

I'm not saying it's not their fault, but there are definitely other factors.

Many non-latinos learn Spanish

>
Dont tell me what i can and can not do, bud

d'accord mon ami

Do you seriously think we are taught English at school to know what the names of burgers at McDonald's mean and to watch Transformers 4 without subtitles?
Yes but there is no "Anglo dominance". It's just American. That's like saying Germans landed on the moon because some of these scientists at NASA were German.

I would agree with this if there were such thing as an "American language"

Nobody can speak Danish unless they live here.
So it is just annoying having to listen to Americans and what not trying to be culturally appropriating us.

Fine, but that explains why anglos struggle with other languages

No. They are just dumb.
Did you think The Eternal Anglo was just a meme?

>Best Universities in the West are in Anglo countries
>Wealthy foreigners pay exorbitant sums to study in Anglo countries and be educated the same way they are
>Anglos are dumb

>Nobody can speak Danish unless they live here
Why not go all the way and just ban danish altogether?

All of this is true but I still love you.

Think we should do the same with Swedish too then, desu

We should just ban all germanic languages and speak french

Take a look at a globe and compare the distance between America and France, then France and Australia.
You're less likely to meet Australians due to the sheer cost of travel and the ones who are in places like France, not for business, are going to be backpackers or travel groups who are seeing a handful of countries at once.
Australia and New Zealand is rather isolated from France, historically and geographically, unlike the USA.

You first.

Swedish isn't throat cancer like d*nish, though. I honestly don't understand how you managed to mangle old norse so badly.

Which is better: Spanish or French?

Better for what? Travelling? Working?

Mexicans speak Spanish,
Africa niggers speak French.

Wew I don't know. Both are quite horrible.

>Do you seriously think we are taught English
You don't acquire English through your language classes at school, do you it through media consumption. What purpose you are or are not being taught the language is entirely irrelevant in this context.

D’accord

In Europe? French without a doubt.

I want to become able to speak English fluently.

the good part of learning english is that you are able to communicate with other places than the UK and USA
otherwise i would have regretted ever learning it

Italian

That wasn't bad

Everything, including reading literature.

If you reach B2/C1 Spanish you'll be able to read books in Portugese too without much difficulty, so there's that.

My advice is just learn whichever you find more interesting, that way you're less likely to lose motivation.

What is this forced meme?

Monolinguals are dumb, stupid

no one lets them practice is the biggest turn off from learning German.
You misgender a noun and they will switch to speaking in English.
At this point, learning German is something you do for reading German, not for speaking with Germans.

>hating proto-paulposting
It's like you don't even take proto-Finnic lessons on Italki

I can only speak English.

Fucking yes. It not only occupies space in your brain, it also corrupts your knowledge of proper grammar and syntax in other languages. I hate myself for wasting time learning it.

Americans that know another language typically learned it for college/university or they enjoy it. I use to be able to hold a somewhat decent conversation in French, but after I was done with school I forgot a lot because it has no use in my day-to-day life.

Outside of that they probably grew up with it, learning it from their family.