9mm is a weak cartridge. Most people who say it's sufficient are people who've never been in a gunfight

9mm is a weak cartridge. Most people who say it's sufficient are people who've never been in a gunfight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk
funkertactical.com/gun-shot-wounds-a-dr-s-pov-nsfw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would I want to be in a gunfight?? wtf

Most people who have been in a firefight probably dont go bumping their gums about it on b.

You wouldn't. The point is that 9mm gives its owners a false sense of security.

It's sufficient for me. I don't plan on fighting anybody

>I don't plan on fighting anybody
Then why would you even own a handgun?

Found the nigger who's never been shot by one.

A lot of people have been shot with 9mm, and most of them have lived.

Gonna have to cite some sources on that claim hoss.

One of the guys in my brother's senior year class killed himself with a fucking .22LR to the head. 9mm is WAY more powerful than that.

Shot placement faggots. Shot placement.

I don't have it on hand but you can look for it on your own.

A doctor compiled data to settle this stupid fucking debate.

According to all the available data where a criminal was shot during a crime, in nearly 100% of the incidents a single round stopped the attacker. This is REGARDLESS of caliber. A single round of .22 caliber rimfire is equally effective at stopping an attacker as a single round of any other caliber.

In the nearly statistically insignificant cases where a second round was actually required to stop the attacker, the only difference that was noted was that the round should be larger than .22 caliber rimfire. However, a third shot of .22 seemed to be roughly capable of doing the job.

Considering that you can carry with you about 10,000 rounds of .22 and you could only carry 1/10th that of some stupidly large ammo (like what you're fucking probably going to propose) you're an idiot.

9 is only a weak cartridge at close range, where it tends to go straight through. From a bit further range the bullet yaws sufficiently and terminal ballistics will fuck your shit up. Just use hollow points if you're worried about stopping power.

Here you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk

Does 9mm have better shot placement than other cartridges? Can you reliably achieve a headshot every time?

>According to all the available data where a criminal was shot during a crime, in nearly 100% of the incidents a single round stopped the attacker
Bullshit. Criminals get magdumped all the time.

Yawing and hollow points can both cause wider wounds, but they make shallower wounds.

i'd rather have a 9mm than nothing at all.

Don't be half ass.

Technically, the muzzle velocity of a .22lr and an 9mm are roughly equal. a 22lr just moves way faster (depending on the 22).

This is the problem with the stupid fucking debate.

22lr, 9mm, and 45acp are all about the same muzzle velocity in practice. If you're going to get into a fucking fire fight, you probably want a 22. You can carry a lot more ammo and a lot more weaponry. A single gunshot wound will take an enemy out of combat.

Only problem with .22 is that because its a rimfire I would not be as confident that the round WOULD definitely fire as opposed to the center fire 9mm.

Fag.

what do you recommend, chief?

Haha.. take two 9mm in the chest and try to call me in the morning

>A single gunshot wound will take an enemy out of combat.
That's what you think.
Hot 357 mag for revolvers. 10mm for autos if you can handle it.

>Yawing and hollow points can both cause wider wounds, but they make shallower wounds.

So now is the argument that 9mm both over-penetrates AND under-penetrates? Is this Schrodinger's caliber?

Just don't buy the cheap crap you find at walmart. I have yet to stumble upon a Lapua or Eley .22lr that did not pop. Shot over 10000 rounds over the last 5 years alone. Biathlon athlete for a little more than two decades.

nigga, a bullet is a bullet. they all travel faster than the speed of sound. anything moving that fast can and will kill. a .22 will kill just like a fucking 357

Nothing less then Foster slugs OP.

If your target is still in one piece you've failed.

funkertactical.com/gun-shot-wounds-a-dr-s-pov-nsfw/
>an anesthesiologist
Completely, laughingly disregarded. Surgeons will tell you unless they recover the round in the wound mostly intact, the gun or casings is recovered at/near the scene, or a witness tells them the make and model of the firearm, they can only tell the difference between handguns, rifle calibers and shotguns - they cannot tell if it was a .38 special or 9x25, etc.
Your trolling is only chuckle worthy now.

get a .45 caliber. itll be a smaller gun, easier and lighter to carry. almost more power

Who said it overpenetrates?
>they all travel faster than the speed of sound
That's not true. There are many subsonic bullets.
>an anesthesiologist
You realize he works with surgeons, right?

It's like I accidentally clicked on bizzarro /k/ where everyone is even more retarded than usual

Shut up you larping faggot, I shot a fucking .32 at two armed robbers and they both died.

you are forgetting a very important thing, namely that it isnt about muzzle velocity, but about muzzle energy. A bullet that travels as fast as another, but with higher weight has a lot more energy.

Well in the event the you're using a 9mm or a .45 you're within 25 yards. Shot placement beats caliber size any day.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

You realized he ain't qualified for shit except to push sleepy juice.
Hell, why don't you trust an OR nurse? Or how about the janitor who cleans the OR after surgeries. They work with surgeons too.

ok, my point was a bullet is a bullet. they all are designed to kill. .22, 9, 357, 45, etc. you get hit with any of them will put your dick in the dirt

9mm leaves too small a hole. You should get a .38 special or a .357 magnum or maybe a .380 instead.

Smaller? Lighter? Tell that to my .45. It’s larger and heavier than any 9 I’ve held.

ITT: Faggots who've never been in a gun fight pretend to be gun experts.

>Muh 45 ACP

got me a sig p229 .40 cal

am i going to shoot once if someone invades my home? no, theyre getting mag dumped. am i worried about over penetration? a little, a nigger with twice as many holes in em is gonna bleed twice as much into my floors :/

A .22 is about 40 grains @ 1200 ft/s
A 9mm is about 124 grains @ 1150 ft/s
A .45ACP is about 230 grains @ 1000 ft/s

(1 gram is 15 grains)
The .22 is probably measured out of a rifle barrel, so in a pistol it will probably have less velocity.

So the .45 is going to "whop" things. Personally, I'd pick the 9mm because it's easier to handle and cheaper to shoot than a .45ACP. The .22 is good for target shooting and getting your flinching and bad habits out of the way.

Lol. You actually made me laugh.

Same diameter.

>Who said it overpenetrates?

That is an age old argument against the round. Lack of stopping power and overpen are the only two points that anyone ever makes against 9mm

>ITT
.45s are smaller than MOST other hand guns

Wow you actually go the joke. Don't repeat that on Sup Forums or /k/ unless you are ready for maximum triggering.

My dad was hunting with his child hood friend. They were both teens. His friend was carrying the rifle with the barrel facing up while climbing a rock.
.22 rifle went off. Shot him in the neck.
I cannot remmeber. But I belive he died from it.
My dad reminded me of this story every fuckimg time we shot toghter.
Let me tell you. Im religeous about muzzle sweeping. I keep my barrel always facing down range or towards the dirt.
And to be perfectly honest. A lunch ladys kid was shot in the back with a CO2 pellet gun. It put him in the hospital. So just about any projectile can ruin your day. If your not safe

A running man has more energy than a 357 mag.
See /k/ doesn't know any more about guns than Sup Forums. Most /k/ommandos are just contrarians. They will argue anything.
If a janitor gives me a convincing argument based on facts, then I will believe him.
Not always.
Are you joking? You realize they all have about the same size bullet. The difference is in speed.
>overpen
I doubt it. 9mm doesn't have much sectional density.

.22lr when tested using the army standards for lethal calibers passes the test out to over 400 yards.
Just saying.

Wannabe gunslinger detected

If you're planning on a fight you don't need to own a gun.

>brb, trolling /k/ now

>are you joking
No. I'm dead serious
Sup Forums is serious business
Are you saying I came here to shitpost son?
If I want to shitpost I'll go on /lit/ or /po/
But this is Sup Forums. I'm here for some serious dick rating.

What are the army standards?
I thought that was the whole point of owning a handgun?

OP has obviously never been shot by one - care to try.......

fuck your quads.
also checked

I got a good laugh man. Thanks

yes and yes

>.45 +p hollow points

That's my preference to carry

9mm has a bigger clip so it's better.

59 ft/lb pressure at surface contact, testing was done with 1/2" solid pine board. Anything that could cleanly pierce it was considered potentially lethal.

All I'm saying is that statistics show that around 80-85% of people who are shot by a 9mm round survive. Although, that does include them getting medical attention and it does not take into consideration where in the body they have been shot or at what distance, although there have been many cases of people surviving a 9mm to their head and somewhat close distances

Guess all the government agencies and PD's all over the country that are choosing 9mm as their official caliber because there is no discernable difference in stopping power at typical handgun shootout range between 9mm and higher calibers don't know what they're doing.

>clip

settle down fuccboy, I know you wouldn't understand this but 9mm has good penetration, the thing that actually matters because if your hollow point garbage can't penetrate deep enough to hit vital organs it's shit-tier.

9mm fmj > .45 HP

You don't need a bigger clip if you hit your target?

They only choose 9mm bc they can carry more rounds. Thats literally the only reason

>You don't need a bigger clip if you hit your target?

A bigger what? A clip is something you might use to reload a rifle magazine, called a stripper clip, but I don't think that's what you mean.

What exactly is 9mm? The circumference?

I shoot a 9mm s&w MP shield and I can group 15 shots in about 3 inches diameter at 30 feet. I'd say reliable accuracy.

Its a magazine, just a heads up

>called a stripper clip
Wrong. There's several types of clip. Not all clips are stripper clips.

Looks more like a [trigger] to me.

-80-85% of people live within a reasonable distance to a hospital.
-pluging a hole to prevent bleeding out.
-basic emt is capabil

Diameter.

>clip
It's not a clip. It's a magazine.
I'll remember that next time an army of half inch pine boards rises from the forest to take over the world.
You guessed right. Police departments have their weapons chosen by bureaucrats who neither know nor care anything about fighting. They just want to save money so they can embezzle more of the budget.
Do you know what sectional density is?
The approximate diameter of the bullet. It's actually slightly bigger than that, but very close.
Slow fire is not like a gunfight.

.22 LR

Small dick guns can't compete.

>Most people who have been in a gunfight don't call it a "firefight"
FTFY

Im so fucking sick of statistics.
Handguns are terrible for killing, but succesful in maiming.
Want to kill someone? Use a rifle.

>more clipazine triggering
Full blown /k/ raid in progress confirmed.

I was taught that it's better to face the sky instead of the dirt to avoid ricochet.

No. You dont want to shoot someone in the face. Its always muzzle facing down. Always.
Better to lose a foot then your face.
And im not joking.

Its a magazine, just a heads up

The reason many people use a handgun is for concealed carry, or for convenience. It's much easier to carry and shoot a handgun at someone in a crazy situation then it is to shoot someone with a rifle.

If you're going to be climbing over an awkward obstacle and you aren't being chased by charlie thus requiring you to be able to return fire at a moments notice, it's better to just clear your fucking gun before crossing said obstacle.
Like honestly
You are given a choice between
>Potentially kill yourself or somebody else
>waste 2 seconds of time.
Hmm. Tough choice.

:Yawn:

I know it's a fucking magazine. I just like triggering gunfags. And that one works the best.

It depends. If you're in a rubber boat, point at the sky. If you're in an apartment with somebody above you, point down.

Military and police all use it. Big powerful bullets are useless if you fail to hit or fire accurate followup shots. Plus the maintenance is lower. You just need to practice more until your firing is automatic.

Fuck all of y'alls weak shit.

12 gauge slug to tha rescue!!

BAM, bitches!!

Stop breathing. Your wasting precious oxygen

I know, I do a set of jumping jacks, drop to do push ups, and try to fire while steadying my breathing. I get funny looks at the range, but I usually see 2 or 3 end up doing it too after they ask why I do it. I'll never draw my gun in a non stressful situation, so I like to prepare for unsteady breathing, and nervousness.

I still group around 3 inches at 30 feet. I will stand by myself and say I can reliably shoot a man in the head every shot if I need to.

Not to say I don't like a .45, but my 9mm has great shot grouping, reliably built, and I like the capacity I get out of a small weapon. A .45 at this size gets 5 or 6 shots per mag, I get one 7+1 and an 8 round as backup in my 9mm.

At least some people have common sense

Your caliber is less important than your skill with the weapon. Also in a gunfight a 9mm gives you some distinct advantages over other rounds, like higher mag capacity. At the end of the day though you can, as some have pointed out, kill someone with any caliber, hell you can kill someone with a nailgun or high power potato gun.

Personally in handguns I would rather use the FN 5.7mm, best weapon in its class, basic mag capacity of 20 rds, solid range, great accuracy and better penetration than standard handgun rounds.

Most people who say it isn't enough haven't been in a gunfight either.

>higher mag capacity
You mean a longer clip?

I prefer the 45 myself. Found the point and trigger on a 1911 to be superior to the 9's I have but technically could re-chamber it.

>doctor. "Yes ,nurse".
>nurse. "We have a gunshot victim".
>doctor. "Jesus christ hes fucked"

this isn't /k/ niggers

>not conceal carrying a 20mm LAHTI like a proper Chad.

No, he means higher magazine capacity. You can just fit more 9mm round in a specific sized mag then you can fit 45.ACP In the same clip

Im just going to carry aroumd a LAW, rocket launcher on my back.
>fuck, this white bois crazy