In the car with Dad

>in the car with Dad
>we don't see eachother that much after I moved out
>he knows I despise him for listening to top 40 trash because he wants to fit in with his students
>puts on stairway to heaven
>he looks at me with hope in his eyes, thinking he impressed his eldest son
>"Now this is good music user, what do you think of it?"

How do you respond to this?

whats wrong with stairway

you are taking music wwaayy to hard man

'Good song choice, dad!'

cut your old man some slack you miserable piece of shit.

That is good music dumbass

Find something you like about it and tell him what it is you fucking idiot. Your dad didn't take off in the night or rape you and he wants to talk to you so you hit the jackpot.

I hope you remember this shitty behavior when you bury your dad and think about how much time you could have had with him you wasted on garbage behavior like this.

Turn off the radio and point to the sign

This. What an entitled piece of shit you are OP. You need to get off Sup Forums if you feel like your music taste puts you on some kind of throne.
Your dad is fucking TRYING to bond with you and you're just being a condescending jackoff because you spent more time with your hobby than he did.

Chillout guys, I simply nodded. It's just that from now on he will always turn on dadrock for me because he thinks thats what I like. At least he didn't cry behind his steering wheel this time after I exited the car.

you're a fucking faggot

you are making a huge deal out of it..stop acting like an elitist..be glad that your dad actually talks to you

you should be nicer to your dad, you'll miss this when he is dead

aww.. he seems like a good dad.. you should be nice to him and try to enjoy it. Some of us were never blessed with caring parents

Oh you're just an attention whore looking for (You)s. Nevermind.

This is why you should have this sign up at all times.

Well you should be more encouraging to him, sounds like he needs it.
Why don't you just show him what you're into? He can't sniff it out.
Remember that being from a different generation, especially in a fast advancing time like this, can make it difficult to understand your children

Well it's Sup Forums that is responsible for making me think lowly of dadrock. Thought you guys would understand.

Give it up. Your thread is shit

No it's not Sup Forums, it's idiots ON Sup Forums

Apparently you're one of them

>mfw my dad never played dad rock
sucks for you. also your dad sounds nice. just endure some stairway to heaven and show him some of your shit unless it's power electronics

user, you should be commending your dad for finding his own taste rather than trying to fit in with other kids. Come on dude, have a heart. We mess with each other here but no one would ever wanna make their dad cry at a steering wheel because they're too stuck up to get along with them

OP is a living example of contrarianism gone too far

you shouldn't think lowly of anyone based on their taste in music.

Lol, idk what it's like having a pleb dad. My dad likes Rush and hates Zeppelin. We high five all the time.

>tfw piece of shit father plays Sister Hazel on his big ass stereo system and starts loudly singing along while you're home just to spite you

>he knows I despise him

This is where you lost most anons.

There are worse things than keeping up with the charts in order to keep track of what your customers are listening to.

If you wanted to overcome your distaste you might try opening a discourse with him

>It's just that from now on he will always turn on dadrock for me

Tell him what you do like. Look for common denominators between his taste and yours.

Try Dread Zeppelin on him?

what the fuck dude

I remember him having good taste but he really spiralled down into hardcore normie culture the last five years. You know it's hard to talk with someone whom you have nothing in common with. It's even harder when that's your father. How can I change that when I rarely see him, it'll only get worse. I know it's sad but how can I fix this.

Be nicer to OP guys, he probably has autism

be nice to your fucking dad you piece of garbage

this thread better be bait and you better fuck off

you don't HAVE to talk about music..talk about something else..what are you 12?

lol. That's a good dad.