Why didn't this make Jazz cool again like everyone said it would? Why isn't Jazz cool anymore?

Why didn't this make Jazz cool again like everyone said it would? Why isn't Jazz cool anymore?

Because it wasn't actually a great album, it was just the latest fad at the time.

so it started in 2010 with Cosmogramma, which was actually a really inspired and individual fusion of jazz and popular music

but then it's escalated into its own commercial niche, with all kinds of hacks like Kamasi, BBNG, Thundercat, and tons of hack producers who throw in an Add6 every now again to call it "jazz-inspired"

I didn't realize it until I saw all these places like Bandcamp and Vinyl Me Please talking about "woah look Jazz is COOL now!" it's all marketing

same reason why lie lie land didn't inspire ppl to like jazz.
PPL HAVE SHORT ATTENTION SPANs

Don't talk shit about BBNG.

bbng is trash

literally their entire schtick is "look we didn't pass Jazz juries in university, that means we are rebels?????"

they are hack players, they don't know how to play Jazz, they are the epitome of Sup Forums losers who post about "oh my music's so good"

Fantano giving BBNG2 a 9 is all they had.

FPBP

Keep talking shit and watch what happens.

What are some good modern Jazz albums user? I'm not asking so I can shit on them, I'm curious because you seem like a fan. Alls I know about modern jazz is Tim Berne's Snakeoil stuff.

check out the following artists:

steve lehman
vijay iyer
chris potter
mark turner
maria schneider
joshua redman

calm down Leland

BBNG is literally lazy music made by talentless hacks to get money from braindead hipsters
Fite me faggot

Nice list. I'd also add

Craig Taborn
Matthew Shipp
David Virelles
Yosvany Terry
Wadada Leo Smith
Alex Sipiagin
David Binney
Ambrose Akinmusire

Thanks! This stuff seems more up my alley. The reason I ask is because I usually just get BBNG and other shit you mentioned (though I like the Kamasi album). RYM is just as bad with what gets high ratings on the Jazz charts.

hey, i still think its a pretty neat album

The Epic is an overrated-underrated album. It was so highly overrated upon release that it created a massive backlash about how bad it was. Except that it really wasn't a bad album at all, it was pretty good, and is now an underrated album. It just didn't live up to the hype it got.

yup, this 2bqfhwyfam

Pretty accurate although I wouldn't go as far as calling it "pretty good"

not a real argument. you simply don't like them, thats your opinion.

lol you don't have an argument at all

not an argument. its called subjectivity, look it up

Not him but woah what a fag. No shit music is subjective but you can still discuss it and defend your point of view, if you don't want to discuss music and just want to be a sjw cuck you can fuck off back to your safe space

>calling kamasi bbng tcat hacks
how does it feel to be this tasteless
lel
jazz is cool though, sounds like maybe it's more of a you problem

>how does it feel to be this tasteless
good argument kid

Jazz always makes me remember the smell of my wooden mouthpiece thing for my sax in music class in middle school. I don't want to remember middle school.

i entered this thread going these guys are gonna be full of shit
i ended up getting a fuck ton good recs
I learned something
Thanks