I have severe anxiety and depression issues. Having a panic attack atm. I feel like my heart is going to explode...

I have severe anxiety and depression issues. Having a panic attack atm. I feel like my heart is going to explode. Any advice to chill out?

Meditation always helps me, maybe you should give that a try

Try a rope, everything will be okay after that.

Don't know if I can calm myself long enough for that. I have never tried meditation.
I left work early cause I work in a really bad part of town and I'm not great mentally atm. Thought I was safe but my boss called me. I silenced my phone but I'm not sure if he's checking up on me or he saw me leave. Now he's been calling every 5 minutes and I'm ignoring them lmao

I consider it daily but that seems like a worse way to go imo

four fold breathing.
look it up, the general explanation and techniques are better on web articles but a basic example is
>breath in for four count
>hold for four count
>exhale for four count
>hold for four
>repeat

if you do this properly and concentrate you'll notice a huge difference.

Thanks man, I am trying that. I understand my problems are self-imposed but my bad decisions lead to worse anxiety. I have not been all there in the head the last few years. I fuck everything up lol

also, to add to that four fold breathing; these next points are easier said than done but it's basically a foolproof system to feeling good and living a happy life

>eat healthily
>exercise every day, or every other day
>don't go on the internet or watch TV/read news every single day
>might even be an idea to go off Sup Forums for a while
>fap for sure, but maybe just once a week
>take care of yourself, go and get a haircut, buy a new jacket to go along with eating and living healthier.
>don't drink/drugs
>go to bed before midnighht
>buy some candles/listen to an audiobook (meditations by Marcus Aurlieus) as you drift off
>get lots of fiber (beans/bananas/all bran), you'll shit like a hippo and feel great after
>drink lots of water
the above is literally all you need to be happier than 99% of other people on this planet.

If you smoke weed and drink coffee, quit.

This works.

Also try to just distract yourself by doing something you in enjoy, if you stop thinking and stressing so much you'll calm down so fast.

jump into a freezing lake
it will chill you out
forever

Try not to breath too fast. Remember that most of what you feel isn't real and in the worst case scenario, pain can't really hurt you.

fuck off and die with your 'foolproof' fucking jew system

How long do you have to do that for? I'm not OP but I have similar issues. When I try that breathing technique all I can think about is how hard my heart is beating.

you sound like someone who skipped some of those points buddy

c h i l l // o u t

While counting is important, it's about achieving a breathing rhythm.
If four seconds is too long for you, just speed your count rate up, but ensure the pauses and inhalation/exhilation times equate.

>if you are doing it right your heart rate WILL slow down, it's almost impossible to avoid something we're biologically inclined to do, just so long as nothing bad happens to you while you're doing it.

>find a quiet room, or just avoid stimuli, and follow those breathing techniques for as long as it takes.

>if it doesn't work straight away don't worry, every time your mind slips from counting breaths just concede to yourself you lost focus, and regroup and start counting again.

>eventually your attention span will increase, and concentration will strengthen, and then you'll be able to focus only on the breathing, and then your heart rate will drop dramatically and i've read it even changes the frequency of brain waves you emit.

>like many things in life, you must practice. even when you aren't having panic attacks, maybe practice three times a day, that way, you'll be better at it when the time comes and you need to calm yourself down.

dubs speak the truth

Thanks user.

Who do you hate?

your blood vessels are popping sand nigger lover

Get you about a gram of cocaine and take it straight to the dome. Don't forget a lil whiskey to wash it down so your throat doesn't go numb. And then.... Enjoy the ried.
No thanks necessary.

Do something with numbers. Not a puzzle, actual problem solving methods.
You don't have to pull out a calculator, just focus on methods themselves. Look at why they're done or taught that way.
Example: what do you know about Newton's 2nd Law?

Don't have to be a math nut to do this either. Numbers are an easy thing to think of even when stressed. Just start by counting. It may start as a distraction, but can benefit you as an outlet over time. That'll help you redirect that energy, and will make the anxiety more manageable.

That's OCD m8.

This worked for me. Meditation and shifting your understanding of the world like "Everthing in this life is temporary. What arises in the mind also falls. This body and the mind we are given are not ours and we must work to become the outward observer" type shit.

dubs confirms the truth

wut

Nah, it's a long term outlet.
Things like meditation and breathing exercises are good for reliving the tension when you have an attack. The numbers thing is most effective in the build up.

All act as a way to redirect focus, but while the first two regain control, number theory maintains it. It can start as something simple:
blowing wind-wind over surface-air over wing-wing shape-thin airfoil theory-Kutta condition-air flow-

It's a method that redirects focus without the need for a full stop. Just go as deep as you want then come back without the need to regain your composure.

Don't try to calm down, or meditate, etc. Instead understand you're having a panic attack, accept that it's something you're currently experiencing, and accept the sensations and acknowledge them, knowing they will cause no bodily harm. There's no threat.

Also, do you take SSRIs?

this sounds like "mindfulness"

apparently this stuff works, although, it being a contemporary craze, especially with the middle-aged, i'm reluctant to suggest this over classic calming exercises & meditation

Well I can understand the concept. Trying to actively focus on calming down is bringing awareness to the panic, which makes fighting it all the more difficult. It's still good to use rhythmic breathing when you accept the panic attacks, but you're not aiming to reduce or stop the panic as much as it's allowing you to focus on the sensations more.

I deal with this almost daily. Breathing helps a lot. I also grab gum cause it tricks your brain into thinking everything's ok or you wouldn't be eating. Hope this helps. I feel your pain

No, I wouldn't either. Meditation is good when you know there's a chance to do it, and I firmly trust in breathing exercises when feeling overwhelmed. The numbers thing is just easy to do before getting to the point you need to focus on breathing.

Never heard of it as a craze though. I was speaking from personal experience. Don't often get time to break away to somewhere quiet and usually have to resist showing signs of falter for the sake of others.

lay down in a dark room

schedule an appointment to get a prescription for lorazepam

any medication that ends in "pam"

>don't do it OP