Its official Sup Forums...

its official Sup Forums, I graduated college last year and have talked to my local recruiter and he said im eligible to qualify to be in the United States Marine Officer Candidate school. What should I expect besides the basics? Ive been working out constantly and have had a good diet so Im pretty sure Im up for the test. Also in before
>Hurr durr marines r retarded
>Hurr durr peace time marin corps is worst time marin corps

I have a hunch their will be a war soon, Probably between US and the Norks. And when that happens I want to serve my country and be prepared for it leading my men.

>serving this kike run open border shithole

What are you fighting to preserve exactly?

When you leave the Marines (which you will) got a back up plan?

Also ex AUS Army artilleryman here.

>im eligible to qualify

OP is a faggot and officer material.

>dying for memes

They may be on the right side, but they still need the gentle whispers of Zyklon B.

Well, You need to qualify to be an Officer, Implying testing both mentally and physically, Hence i am Eligible to qualify for a Position in the United states marines officers program

Enjoy not making the cut for infantry and getting stuck as some POG officer.

I wont leave bud, Im not a quitter. What makes you think that anyway?

OCS is easy, you just have to want it. Getting selected to go is another matter.

Well, I would be preserving the basics of what the United States was founded on with fellow service men, defending mainland USA from foreign invaders, and If need be fight in Foreign land to prevent mainland USA from being attacked

You will, everyone does. I did my job for 6 years which is minimum term. Withing those 6 years I did 3 tours of duty; 2 to the middle East and 1 to Indonesia. I have met Marines who just completely bad mouth their corps from different countries. You will leave and when you leave you will be happy. Don't give me the whole never give up John Cena bullshit.

so having a heart beat and breathing makes you eligible; and having a degree, passing a physical makes you qualified.
Got it. Tough being an officer.

hahaha, Oh I thought you meant I would quit through training. After that I would Hopefully use my Business degree and accounting Minor for a job or internship. I Interned at wells fargo for a while and Loved it, I also worked for a person who graduated from West point and did 2 tours of Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan if im not wrong

Yeah I wasn't talking about recruit school. Shit is easier than fucking high school. Do you know what rate you want to do?

>Tough being an officer.

Tough being eligible to qualify.

fixed that

Expect to be horrifically disappointed by the shocking amount of paperwork you must file and hurdles you must jump every single day

I would probably want to do the minimum requirement which is 4 years, I have met marines who re-enlisted for 4 extra years and a buddy of mines father was in the marines for 22 years before being medically discharged. If it all goes to shit though, I want those 4 years to be done with and Then I can either go to trade school or go back to wells fargo

Really? are you an Ex-Marine/current marine?

This. My officer was a depressed motherfucker. He offed himself on our second field exercise.

You understand that rate means your job? Like for example my rate was Artillery, specifically supply chain.

>graduated college
>joining marines

Pick only one u retard

>majored in Memetic Studies

You fucked up. You are supposed to go to OCS over the summer for PLC. Since you graduated you now only qualify for OCC which is fucking impossible to get selected for. You literally have to be a female spic or something.

I went to OCS in 2011, sauce

Sí señor

Marines doing use that term. We say "MOS"

>triggered

If your plan is to sign up HOPING there will be a war, you will be disappointed. Don't join for what you want your branch to be, join for what it is currently. There is no guarantee it will change.

Also OP to add one more thing. Recruiters will pull this gag on you. They give you an OCS contract, even a special forces contract. They KNOW you will fail out, and you automatically default into infantry. This is how they fool people into being infantry rather than comms

ah, Ok, ive never heard that before, Ive been talking to some of the recruiters and I really just focused on Infantry Officer, Working with 0311 and leading either small platoons or fire teams

Marines don't work like that. You fail out of OCS you leave the service. You don't even deal with recruiters, they are called OSOs. OP is a fucking noob

Do they meme you this bad?

Marinefag here. Everyone hates it, it's not glorious, rewarding, or adventurous. Just mounds of paperwork, sitting around doing nothing but waiting. Nobody re ups.

Good luck getting the job you want as an officer. You have to be the top of your class at TBS.

Life doesn't work the way you think it does

If not Ill just work as an 0311

Where are you stationed?

Join the coast guard instead

>joining the jarheads

>graduated "college"
>"their will be a war soon"
>wants to join the Marines
You'll fit right in buddy!!!!!! Hoo Rah welfare is great!

29 psalms

I am sorry user. Aviation?

>eligible to qualify
kek

You're never going to be a Marine, let alone an officer. And even if you managed to be either, your life would be miserable as fuck.

>graduates college
>joins marines
Kek the irony here.

I heard that place blows

Youre retarded, The marines accept anyone looking for basic infantry

First thing's first, can you pass their PT standards? A Marine Officer's fitness is held at a high level. If you're not even fit don't bother.

Second, you better hope you get a job branch/MOS that can relate to your degree. Otherwise, your wasting your time and new degree.

Lol, thats why My boss at wells fargo was in the military after college and now makes 300,000 a year

Where my 03s at?

'09-'13 3/8 india

>You fail out of OCS you leave the service.

I think the Air Force used to make them enlisted fags.
>For sure the AFA failures.

>graduated college
>wants to an officer
>not being an officer in the navy
>not sitting around and telling people to push buttons that make brown people explode
>not eventually becoming captain of your own ship

You are a fucking moron OP. I don't know why you're so set on becoming an infantry officer. You talk about wanting to fight in war like it's a game. You're not officer material, you're the kind of person to get good men killed.

OP, if you are serious about this (and you are a faggot, so you aren't) you need to do a ton of research on your branch. They don't give a rats ass what you want, they are looking for people to fill certain jobs. Also, you need to remember that, regardless of what they tell you, you are a number to them.

You also need to think if this is really what you want to do. The US doesn't do huge deployments anymore, it just isn't the war wars are fought. Its airstrikes, cyber warfare and small SF teams doing the cool shit.

Context; I have been applying to AF OTS and I have filled out applications to Marine PLC/ OCS, its less about what you want to do and more about what they need. They take your job requests into consideration when you apply, but ultimately its about what the service needs.

Nope, that is Army. Air Force sends you home.

lolno they don't. I had to wait 5 months for my infantry contract and that was during the middle of 2 wars.

Wow dude you work at Wells Fargo, just like everyone on /biz/ has an 8 figure trust fund, and everyone on /fit/ has a 1300 pound plus total, and everyone on /sci/ has an IQ above 150. We should all believe you and join the Marines because you said lol and name drop respected firms.

PT standards are set and my degree for Business management and minor in accounting would pretty much land me in a desk job, but I would rather get a job preforming in the field, hence why I want to be a Infantry Officer

Look into MGTF Staff Planning. It's wargaming.

False as fuck. They are thinning the herd big time.

05-09 1/3 Bravo Co
11-13 1/23 Carlos Co

woah dude, just take it easy man, having a fucking internship at wells fargo isnt the most impressive thing. I didnt get paid for this job, I didnt go to fucking harvard, I never claimed I was a genius

This is BS. USMC sticks you where they need you and will be sure to give you training at your MOS school.

The standards are set, but any officer worth a damn will exceed those standards. Just hitting the minimums will not get you anywhere as an officer, ESPECIALLY as an infantry/ combat officer.

Even after you leave the marines, you have to stay fighting fit and ready to re-deploy up to 3 years after returning to civilian life. Marines is not something you can up and walk out of when your term is up. Make sure you are fit enough that you won't vomit during training, otherwise the entire squad has to begin the session all over again. Cunts will flog ya for that.

I finish my degree in December and will hopefully be going to OCS soon after. I really want to be a combat engineer. Good luck. Look up some TBS videos, those are seriously motivating

Around 97% of all marines make the cut for bootcamp, and due to the obama administration, the marine corp is making it easier for women and minorities to attend Bootcamp, Adding to the overall force of the United States Marine Corps.

Thanks man, you too

Let me rephrase myself. Can you max the Marine Corps PT test with relative ease? If you wanna go combat arms they expect a lot from you physically.

Also, you would screw yourself over if you lost a limb from combat or wrongly get diagnosed with some mental disorder and can't work the office job that you could have got with your business degree.

I was in the Army for 4 years. Now I drink a 12 pack every night at the very least. It's not worth it dude. The smell of burning villages because Al Qaeda knew you were going through that area is bad enough, having to catalog ever person that died is even worse. I once had to cut open a dead pregnant woman to see if the fetus was the biological child of a HVT. Seriously think about this shit before you do it. I usually ignore military threads, but I'm 14 beers deep.

This. They have had millions of marines. They know the guys that eat nails can do 200+ push ups and run a 16 minute 3 mile. Meeting the standard and even exceeding the standard does not impress anyone. You are joining something that is supposed to push you to your limit as a human, and they know better than anybody what that ACTUAL limit is. They know before you even know that you didn't try.

Of course, I also plan on attending reserves after finishing 3 years, where I will be in my lates 20s (Limit is 29) and if that doesnt work out I would choose national guard reserve (35 limit)

Passed it be more specific with what you want to know, it would take more than one post to tell you everything. I also went in with zero prep, even my app was a last minute, second thought kind of deal. My experience was that everything I needed to pass was innate but I have no reason to think it couldn't be learned

>Small SF teams doing the cool shit

Ya seem to know what your talking about

>doesn't mention this makes it harder for white males to join; the only soldiers worth a damn(beans and nigs are just fine but lets be honest they make terrible quarterbacks)

>I once had to cut open a dead pregnant woman to see if the fetus was the biological child of a HVT.

pics or it didn't happen

PT standards are pretty easy to max out if you can make it to and through the OS boards and OCS. He (and I) would be going through OCC which is the most competitive out of all routes, so he will have to be able to max just to get into OCS.

Honestly though, infantry officers are selected based on performance at TBS, not just pt.

>Want to better my self
>Want to be a role model for young recruits
>Want give the strength for young recruits to push through
>Want to Better not only myself but the people around me
>Want to serve my country, not be stuck behind a desk all day

You think the seals that got bin laden that were hyped up do to it got shit for because they thought it was a war game, No they signed up and wanted to take out the enemy

I had to take pics actually, but they're classified and sent through classified email. I've been out 2 years, no way I could access them now.

so your saying that a black and mexican who are serving your country do not matter? Dude, fuck off

0311 kek has confirmed me

Any OSO officer would have told you that you get to request and get assigned your job after TBS, not by the OSO.

So... I think you're a liar.

You're no SEAL.

Any reason why you'd choose to be an officer in the USMC over the Navy or Air Force? I'm genuinely curious.

I said they were just fine. Fuck you.

Never said I was, But the men who fight are Incredibly eager up to finally get into a combat situation. I also never said I would hope for a war to happen, but that If I were to see one, I would want to be infront of my men, not behind them

Trips of truth

Oh god

I see PT as the door and the discipline builds later after that because muh military physical standards. Alas, I can only speak about the Army.

You also seem more knowledgeable than the Op, so, I wish you the best at OCS.

You literally said that whites are the only ones worth a damn, but that nigs and beans are fine, pretty much lowering their standards

SERVING YOUR COUNTRY. YOU MEAN JAPAN, SAUDI ARABIA, ISREAL...THE LIST GOES ON. WHO DOESN'T FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

user, I know I can't help you, but you should really talk to someone. You don't have to carry that shit on your own.

You get to request it, sure, but the service also gets to determine if you are a good fit. If I wanted to be a combat engineer but couldn't do math on the fly (just an example), they probably won't assign me that but instead put me in supply or signals (or what ever the marine equivalent is). Its definitely not a 1:1 for request and placement.

Whites are completely superior at everything. I understand the "hurr durr we are equals and brothers in battle" but that is simply to build morale and has no factual basis, it is a requirement of theor condition and you should understand that it is a coping tool and not a fact.

Go to hell.

COME ON

just be prepared to have all your expectations fall short.

You're definitely right that PT is a necessary first. In the officer selection process for marines though, you don't get through the door unless you're near maxing out (above 280/300).

I've been thinking about this for five years, so I've probably had more time than him to figure this all out, so he'll get there

If you honestly think that, dude you are fucked. The only reason whites are superior now is because the civil rights movement completely destroyed all black culture, If you put a black person in a nice white community and surround them with white things, they will end up like their white neighbors. I have seen it happen. The only reason blacks arent doing close to good in this country is because of liberal hand outs and no fathers, also the way they are raised. Their are some great black out there who are 3x the man you will ever be

>user, I know I can't help you, but you should really talk to someone. You don't have to carry that shit on your own.

The Army sent me to ASAP. It didn't help. I don't want to act like I'm some fucking hot-topic emo kid. I honestly wouldn't post if I wasn't drunk right now. I just wanna suffer in silence.

>comes to Sup Forums
and the first thing he does is admit to sucking cock

:^)
That is cute

Is that the best therapeutic way to solve this? Not talking to your parents? (Hoping they are still with you of course) Shouldnt they know you the best?

You don't automatically get to go enlisted if you fail out of OCS. If you fail due to unavoidable and treatable injury, maybe you'll get a chance. You fail for underperformance, malingering or a lingering injury/something you had before you joined, and you're not coming back.

You mean like OJ Simpson?

Failing OCS due to under performance obviously, But if I fail due to either the growing amount of candidates or the amount of people allowed in one rotation, then Im almost positive I have a chance to Enlist