Going through this guy's discography chronologically. Just got to this. Should I just stop now...

Going through this guy's discography chronologically. Just got to this. Should I just stop now? How can it possibly get any better?

Highway 61 is leagues better

This.

It gets better OP. There's a reason why Bob Dylan is one of the most venerated songwriters of all time.

Bob Dylan's best performances were left on the cutting room floor or played live. Listen to the Bootleg Series

This.

Dylan really only had 5 or so stinkers, the rest of his work ranges from good to great to masterpiece

Don't forget The Bootleg Series OP, has some of his best stuff.
No, but Blonde on Blonde is.

>I'm gonna go through 38 albums
>should i stop at the second one?
???????????????????

Why listen to a man after you've heard his peak?

His next two are almost as good. Things start getting really interesting with Bringing It All Back Home though and just gets better. His entire '60s output was incredible, really.

if a man has 38 albums chances are he didn't peak after the 2nd

Tell that to Elvis Costello

Oh boy, you're in for a nice surprise OP. It keeps getting better for awhile. Though if you're going to go through the WHOLE discography, you may want to skip his 80's stuff. It's popular opinion that the 60's folk rock trilogy and his earlier folk albums were his best work, so try not to be disappointed when he turns a corner.

Just wait until you get to his 70s stuff.

Stop at Desire

Seconding this. Its all downhill from Desire onward.

t. has never seen bobsboots.com

Time Out of Mind, Love and Theft, and Modern Times are still better than anything most musicians ever put out

oh man, just wait til bringing it all back home, highway 61, blonde on blonde hit you 3 in a row

>Bob Dylan after the 60's
cum on now, there's no need for that

Hard Rain might be his best song, but most of Freewheelin' doesn't hold up as well

>tfw Dylan's last album of original material will probably be Tempest

I'm okay with that.

But ideally I wish his last original album would be a fully-acoustic project to bring his career full circle.

Yeah it's great.
Sadly he went into a more rock style of music which probably isn't what you enjoyed with freewheelin'.
Did he have any other folk albums worth listening to?