So I was recently caught pirating movies at my new place and my roommate is flipping the fuck out...

So I was recently caught pirating movies at my new place and my roommate is flipping the fuck out. He stormed into my room saying our internet had stopped working and he had gotten an email from our service provider. He called them, they mentioned that There Will be Blood was downloaded, and that they would restore our internet.
Now I ain't fucking worried whatsoever, I know no legal actions will come from this, our service provider doesn't want to rat us out and lose customers. This has never happened to me before in all my years of pirating, and I'd rather not have this happen again and raise tensions between me and the roommate.

So my question to you guys is: what program can I use to help to keep me under the radar from being picked from a long list of IPs for pirating? I've been using bittorent and was thinking of finding a supplemental program or a new torrent downloader altogether.

install gentoo

Get a job.

Yeah no. Sup Forums doesn't support piracy. Take your question to Reddit.

Its over for you. Enjoy jail.

Good job outing yourself retard. I'm sure your service provider isn't looking at this post right now

>He called them, they mentioned that There Will be Blood was downloaded, and that they would restore our internet.

Sounds like he's bluffing. Where are you though, if you're in US he's bluffing. Your IP just emails you, or at least, i've gotten like 3 warnings a year for last 5 years nothing happens. He's bluffing about them shutting it down and calling them, unless u saw him do it.

this
also this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums you fucking fag.
install gentoo

Installing a new operating system seems to be too much of a hassle.

Have a job, thanks for the advice tho.

oh Sup Forums

>Sup Forums is a monolith of opinion
I think it is you who needs to go back

>Installing a new operating system seems to be too much of a hassle.
well it's either that or go to jail so decide quickly fucko

>installin a new OS is too much of a hassle

yeah well get v& you fucking lazy ass

only torrent niche films with like 10 seeders
stream the rest in highest quality u can find

Tell your roommate to stfu and suck your dick. The internet's not even in your name lol. I would be recklessly torrenting in that situation.

I live in commiefornia. Similar things have happened in the past, but I've gotten the emails directly because I've been the one in charge of the internet bills. Probably about twice a year I'd get an email telling me that I pirated an unauthorized copy of a movie/game/album and that I should remove it--all without the internet being shut off.
This thing is that I didn't tell my roommate that I had pirated There Will Be Blood. He's the one that brought it up after he got off the phone.

have you installed gentoo yet?

fuck you

Reported to the MPAA! ;^)

>Installing a new operating system seems to be too much of a hassle.

Kill yourself. And fuck off.

use vpn

>Americans can go to jail for downloading a film

Encrypt utorrent exe with 256 encrygptio

we can, but it literally never happens. It's more trouble to the justice system than it's worth.

>"Now I ain't fucking worried whatsoever"
>Is worried

don't seed public torrents
/thread

ur only chance is 2 hack pentagon n erase the memory drives

here, type this into cmd

./hack_pentagon_TOPSECRET.sh

Since noone is actually helping you. What you need to do is either rent a seedbox or pay for a vpn. Gentoo is a Sup Forums meme, and Anda new program won't save you since they catch you by pretend to be other seeders. The only way to be completely safe is to have the piracy be done by another ip address.

This is the only good answer.

>Gentoo is a Sup Forums meme
FBI pls leave

>familiarize yourself with aircrack
>use neighbors wifi any time you feel like pirating

ta da!

>using the internet for anything other than the latest stankiest dankiest memes
Wtf?

op's not going to go to jail for one infringement. if there's a proven pattern, then sure. i wouldn't worry about it, op.

also, see

Thanks user for some actual advice.
Something I've wondered: if I go to a public place (ie starbucks) and pirated there, what would happen? Would starbucks get emails about this shit too?

>pay for a vpn
why

OP do not listen to this man he is from the FBI and is trying to catch you

It all depends on if you ordered scones

>"If you don't stop using our services to download things we're going to stop taking your money."

Oh really, are you going to do that?

Dozens of emails and 7 years later guess what? I have the same internet provider/

The ports used for tormenting will most likely be closed, unless they're retarded

>pay for a vpn

is this legit/convenient

google's showing results for like $8 a month which isnt bad if it works

enjoy your 2kbps short film

this

This is my strategy ever since my ISp started turning my internet off for downloading pirated goodies - 7 American cuckolds a month and have download maybe 600 bucks worth of materials so it's worth it

They are obliged to warn you due to legal fuckery, now taking action on the other hand is up to the corporations.

better be paying with bitcoins, thats all im saying

That's why I mentioned I wasn't worried and that they wouldn't want to lose customers.
But my roommate doesn't know this shit man.

No, they receive claims from the rights holders which they can deal with on their own. If they don't take action it usually ends there.

This is what I have set up works great even has a kill switch that automatically disconnects you from the internet if your ip is not being protected

Well your roommate is a retard.

It's counterproductive for them to do that.

I tried fucking around with a vpn once but every time I used it it would disconnect everyone else that was on our router.

>my roommate doesn't know this shit man
Why not just admit that 'roommate' is codeword for 'parents'?

>Now I ain't fucking worried whatsoever, I know no legal actions will come from this, our service provider doesn't want to rat us out and lose customers.

Unless you continue to download illegally like you plan to. You become a big enough pain in their ass and they'll turn you over without a second thought.

Need to think like your ISP

$50 sub fee a year (or whatever) < impending lawsuit from whomever probably totaling in the thousands.

>torrent album
>dmca notice for every single song on the album

someone out there is a turbo jew

Did you guys ever get a warning in the mail?

why did you delete your reply?
are you afraid of getting replies?

this user called it

OP here. Nah. Periodic emails throughout the years, then last night with a momentarily shutoff internet and quick phone call.

Anyone with Verizon get a similar situation. Except in my case they actually took away our internet.

I've been meaning to torrent again, since fucking netflix keeps going down the gutter.

>weeb
>doesn't understand you don't have to live with your parents your entire life

I would say the same shit in your position. However, I haven't lived with my parents for over 5 years. I have no way of proving this to you, nor do I care if you think otherwise. I won't even call you out for projecting, because I'm sure the majority of anons still live with their parents.

I got one for seeding an album a year or two ago. I just stopped seeding and nothing after that. Just wanted to check.

then why do you still live with them?

i have received a few warnings from comcast. 3 of them were hbo. the other one was pron.

so, i just quit pirating. it's not worth it. hbo go/amazon don't cost much money, relative to a lawsuit.

>an album
for real? People actually give a shit about music pirating still?

>Sup Forums supports giving money to hook nosed rats

I'm not OP, just face it you got rekt

and I'm not the same guy you were talking to

is there anyone americucks DON'T get sold out by? their media, their government, their internet providers, their blacks.

but, you just moved back in with them, right?

Sure you aren't

Apologize.

sorry

thank you :)

I take back what I said about you :)

You can't justify robbing a person just because she is a jew.
Go back to Sup Forums scummy.

>You can't justify robbing a person just because she is a jew.
why not?

This. I use PIA, which gives you a VPN and proxy for you torrent client. It's less than $10 a month, so don't be a fag and get smart about your torrenting.

Ive had my internet shut off before.

I called the isp and even the guy i talked to on the phone was a bro about it. basically told me to delete the movie and he'd put the internet back its just something he is told to do.sounded like something he has to deal with 50 times a day, its just the mpaa bullying ISPs, they have to act like they give a shit so they dont get sued, but they really dont. They really dont care that youre downloading shit as long as youre a paying customer. Unless its like time-warner or some shit who i wouldnt put past them to jail someone for it

>jew isp threaten to cancel service so you go to a competitor loosing out on your shekels
Are you 18 and retarded? Pirate away you fuckin reddit faggot

no one should give a shit, especially when it's the case of someone just trying to get a copy of something no longer in print. Maybe if the MPAA stopped protecting studios so much then maybe they'd make better movies too.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!