‘Live By Night’ Trailer: Director/Star Ben Affleck Muscles Into Prohibition-Era Organized Crime

BASED BEN DOES IT AGAIN

youtu.be/vwejneg3sCM

“Powerful men don’t have to be cruel.” Here’s the first teaser trailer — from the UK — for Live by Night, which Ben Affleck directed and stars in as the black-sheep son of a police captain who gets involved in escalating levels of organized crime while trying to set up his own operation during the Prohibition Era. The cast also includes Scott Eastwood, Zoe Saldana, Sienna Miller, Elle Fanning and Chris Cooper.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-barack-obama-insult-stock-market-loses-hundreds-of-millions-a7229696.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

his frame seems really out of place compared to the rest of them

Why is he talking with a funny accent

huh? you mean like he's a big guy?

>Matches Malone: The Movie

noice

yeah and i'm not even memeing

kek, good call

or Benwalk Empire

either way looks good

she plays a heroin addict btw

Talk about method acting.

I hope she gets an oscar nom

>Powerful men don’t have to be cruel

You don't really have power if you are not feared. Just look at Obama, he should be one of the most powerful men in the world. Yet no one gives a shit about him, because they know he is soft.

Holy fuck those vistas, pretty ass looking movie.

Why is Elle fanning so perfect

Obama is a Jew puppet

of all the references to being feared = power you choose some half assed Obama analogy, get the fuck off this board.

>Being polite, restrained, and thoughtful is soft
>Bluster, posturing, and unpredictability is strength

>a prohibition-era gangster heist film with tommy-guns and trench-coats
GET HYPE
no, seriously, I fucking loved Public Enemies and Baffleck is a decent director

>those vistas

Seriously, really beautiful

He literally got called son of a whore by the president of Philippines and all Obama did was cancel their meeting

what would you have preferred?
an illegal cia excursion into the phillipines wherein the president is assassinated and replaced with a leader who shares america's values, at least in terms of international trading?

What's his name again?

Auteur

And now the president of phillippines has lost hundreds of millions in philli[pines' stock market

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-barack-obama-insult-stock-market-loses-hundreds-of-millions-a7229696.html

So much for "toughness"

Yo this was one of the worst summers in maybe 20 years but this winter looks amazing, this Sully, Mel Gibsons: Medic Murders.

I hope this does really well

>rich handsome tough looking gangster in the 20s/30s

>love interest is a surprisingly literate niggress Shaniqua #wewuzqueens

dropped

Seeing it.

Organized crime movies are played out. There's nothing interesting left to do with the genre.

Grow a pair.

Road to Perdition immediately popped in my head during this shot.

can you be more obvious about your advertising?
fuck you corporate skum

Some of us can still enjoy things or be optimistic unironically. Also i'll be sure to pick up NBC's Friends on DVD.

Girl of the century is in the film, already kino for me

Stop watching capeshit

>Produced by Leonardo DiCaprio
>Looks like trash
Well consider me flabbergasted.

>Chris Cooper
>Brendan Gleeson

mite b cool

this looks aesthetically amazing. but I am so tired of prohibition movies. they're boring as fuck.

>Brendan Gleeson
you know it's gonna be good

So is this a prequel to batman?

>this looks aesthetically amazing.

really? looks generic af to me

>but I am so tired of prohibition movies. they're boring as fuck.

I thought I was alone

Public Enemies was the tipping point, it's been all downhill since then

Boardwalk Empire stole the entire time period for the duration it was on air, no film could touch it

I'm excited for a mob movie that features BARs for once.

Fuck, that's a big gun

I think you only really see them in old timey WW2 movies, Thompsons get the most love.

>that part in With The Old Breed where Sledgehammer asks a guy why he took so long to shoot a jap chasing him and the guy laughs about how he wanted to see if he could cut him in half with the BAR

This doesn't even look like an actual batman movie.

What did Ben mean by this?
Is this actual capekino?

This, what was the last really compelling gangster story? One that really broke the mold and advanced the genre

The Sopranos is 17 years old. There must have been something since

KING OF KINO

It looks like he took the script for the Town changed the names and the time period, and that's about it.

Eastern Promises is a gangster story

Why does he look so out of place in every movie?

His Batkino will be the best the medium has seen

The fuck should he have done? Canceling the meeting was literally the best move possible.

>the year is 2016
>Ben Affleck has become David Lean

This movie looks kind of shitty. Doesn't even feel like a prohibition era movie. They don't even talk like its the 20's.