youtube.com/watch?v=phyqYbmiWUo
clyp.it/kajjhgds
clyp.it/5p2qwf24
clyp.it/lkysdl5v
youtube.com/watch?v=oq_K5Hs9gCY
clyp.it/aydom2cb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rate him as a guitarist

I'm a guitarist. What else would I rate him as?

as in rate him as how good of a guitarist is.

What program do I pirate if I want to use my PC as an amp for late hours?

You wouldn't download an audio interface

Get WinFixer and you're good to go.

I'm back awake ghee ghee!

>cancer patient on the left
>your mom in the middle
>your moms drunk boyfriend on the right

Fun beginner songs that sound good on an acoustic guitar? I'm terrible but just practicing chord shapes gets old at some point.

Fade to Black, Tears In Heaven, Blackbird, Dust In The Wind

Nirvana's stuff.

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

fuck off anime fag
youtube.com/watch?v=phyqYbmiWUo

surprisingly accurate description

guitarist went from looking like women in the 80s to lookin like modern women (vai)

vai went from looking like a tranny to a short haired middle aged woman so i have to give him that

aye ppl. i got a joke. animefag.
lolololol

homo
sexual

Wtf is wrong with this general?

NO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

do you cringe at the vocals
clyp.it/kajjhgds

when do all the neets wake up I want to shitpost

I can't make out most of the words out to cringe. You could actually up your mumbling game and use that as an advantage, but not for this kind of music.

good thing i play bass then :^)

hello fellow neet

you think this is bad? lmao

look mom im lou reed
clyp.it/5p2qwf24

good morning queermuncher

>k-ontism

lol he animefag

Lake placid blue and maple neck is god tier

i prefer olive but i can appreciate the aesthetics

Oh. my. god. Some lady is selling this for 10 bucks. I really hope I'm the first to contact her regarding this guitar. It's crafted in USA for crying out loud! Pray for me bois

user doing a gay voice

I think I prefer the more subtle ice blue metallic

clyp.it/lkysdl5v

Are you drunk, user?

nah, i prefer the more in your face trans blue

not

go git it

>sg

I do like a good blue burst too

do 3 pckup teles (nashville i guess) have the quack on the inbetween positions

We're sorry, but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit www.google.com/recaptcha/securityhelp

Can someone tell me what guitar Vai is using on this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=oq_K5Hs9gCY

electric guitar
hope it helped

its not a guitar at all...he is just flicking his fingers against his throat...virtuosos dont need actual instruments.

.76 Ultex picks are nice and stiff and they work really well for playing melodies, but they kinda suck for chords. .5 tortex picks are nice and bendy and great for strumming chords, but they are abysmal for playing melodies.

What should I do? Are there strumming techniques for stiff picks? Am I doing something horribly wrong?

Real men can play anything with a Jazz III.

But yes, there are ways of strumming with a stiff plec. Personally I find (literally) stiff more (figuratively) flexible than (literally) bendy.

What the actual fuck?

I recently managed to get good at barre chords.... on my electric. Now that I'm trying it on an acoustic with heavier tension strings, higher action and a wider neck it's fucking impossible AGAIN. Will I literally need to learn how to do barre chords again or is it just a "getting used to" the acoustic? I think the neck being further away because of the acoustic body also makes it feel weird. Fuck.

Getting used to.

Yeah definitely, I don't think there is a way to make these .5 tortex not suck for lead. But how do I into playing chords with stiff picks? I have the feeling that angling the pick so it just glides over the string instead of having it at 90° makes it easier, but it takes too much time to change that abgle completely around when going from a downstroke to an upstroke.

just keep doing it. One day you'll just "get it" out of the blue and it won't be a problem at all.

A red one

The problem is that my hand hurts after just a minute of practicing barre chords on the acoustic.
I guess, is it a matter of building up strength or is the technique somehow different?

Combine that with a gentle of touch and plenty of practice.

HIS NAME IS STEVIE VAI...AND HES A CRAZY GUY...

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

then stop for a few minutes, or ten, or an hour, and get back to it. The only way to stop it from hurting is building up strength in your fingers, but don't fuck up your hand in the process.

>my hand hurts after just a minute of practicing barre chords on the acoustic.

I almost always practice on the acoustic...then when its time to fly pick up the electric and its a breeze.

You're wrong.

> Step 1 : Forget about Vai, Satriani all other jerk-off guitar players
> Step 2 : Go listen to Gilmour
> Step 3 : Play with emotions, not with your ego
> Step 4 : Go listen to Gilmour again

suggesting that Vai et al play with no emotion is not an accurate reflection of reality. Just because you do not relate to their emotions does not mean they are devoid of emotion.

try again.

>rosewood
REEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw ameritards get cucked on rarewoods
Feels good.

How much do used Mex Strats usually go for? Some are 300 and some 500. Compared to the American Special how much "worse" are they?

yeah youre just wrong
check clyp.it/aydom2cb
you can angle the pick with each strum and it doesnt take much time, its also possible to strum with it 90º with a stiff pick

>ameritards get cucked on rarewoods
wut

Why the fuck does this squier have such a nice neck.

wew

Probably the white jem without the fernandes pickup ran clean and through a talk box

Srv>gilmour.

Trade laws son. Look it up. Hard to get some mahogony and ebony too

it's cursed retard

>lined fretless

le e minor pentatonic reddit man

>mahogony and ebony
meme

Why didn't I learn piano instead: the thread

good post

Why did I limit myself to one instrument: the post

Aesthetics are only a meme to ugly people.

Everybody gets fucked by CITES. I just had a guitar stuck in customs in the country next door for weeks due to rosewood fretboard. As long as the papers are in order, shit gets through.

por qué no los dos
>taco_commercial.gif

It's an old Korean squier

Apart from the Shit stain on the fret board it's really nice

eeeeeeeeewwwwwww is that a metallic finish?

ok I fell back asleep but now I'm awake again

>this video
hahahahahahahaha god what a time to be alive

You should inhale some helium so you can fall asleep proper and join your shitty waifu

helium? you want me to have a squeeky voice so they laugh at me when I order my pizza you jerk

Go search for Exit Bag.

If your """guitar""" says "Squier" on the headstock, you're a fucking LOSER

If your """guitar""" says "Epiphone" on the headstock and wasn't made in Kalamazoo, Michigan before 1968 you're a fucking LOSER

If your """guitar""" says "Fender" on the front of the headstock but says "Made In Mexico" or "Made In Japan" on the back of the headstock you're a fucking LOSER

I don't care if you swapped out the pickups
I don't care if it was your first guitar
I don't care if it sounds "good" (it doesn't)
I don't care if you "like it" (you don't)
You are a LOSER

LOSER

If you claim to be a musician, and play one of these """guitars""", you're a fucking LOSER

LOSER

I have more respect for the "musicians" posting on Soundcloud threads (check out this rap beat I copied but changed the tempo of using software) than any hipster faggot playing a god damned toy and pretending to be a guitarist. Why would anybody take you seriously when you're such a cheap and selfish LOSER that you can't even save up more than 800 dollars to buy a real guitar?

now THAT is a silly song.

Is humour an emotion?

Can you put regular chords and triads with seventh chords in a chord progression?